Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.111 - New weapon/tool tiers, Performance improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

I found a way but it kind of Cheating

Setup tool Bar then Blueprint Ship , Turn admin mode on Paste in blueprint and delete old ship.

Then this will always have your shiptoolbar setup.

2. Tallinu Trainee Engineer

Actually there's a workaround for this. If I remember correctly it requires copying the ship to a blueprint though, and in survival I think that means using space manager. So you do that, install a projector, grind away the cockpit, rebuild the cockpit from the projection, and then I think you can remove the projector (not certain). And if I got those steps right, the cockpit built from the projected blueprint remembers what its toolbar setup was from the blueprint after logging out.

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. Kurazarrh Apprentice Engineer

You don't need to be in Space Master mode. You can blueprint ships in survival just like in creative, with Ctrl+B. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. (PVJ) Nucl3ear Trainee Engineer

Good ! Thank's you for that update !

5. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

how do you copy? Ctrl+C just crouches me in survival. copy/paste is disabled in survival.

6. midspace Senior Engineer

My Admin helper command mod will do this.
    See signature for link.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

When on space master mode, enable the creative tools, it will let you use copy and past commands.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

i have also a GTX 970, 16 GB RAM and a slower i5 3470. fps on surface with high settings 30-40. i think the problem could be on your side. check audio and video drivers and background processes. the game is not highly optimized yet but should be playable with your system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. menalaos1971 Trainee Engineer

No, quite the opposite. Now instead of completely freezing my game after several blocks being welded the game is completely crashing if I try to weld anything.

10. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

ok that is getting pretty annoying

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

You can't expect every update to be from the community - think about it - how many Mods have been added to this game, if Keen fixed *everything* the game wouldn't be fun (kinda like ME)

Edit: Also I believe I heard the github version of SE still predates planets - making community fixes harder to test/apply.

Another Edit: Although I say if Keen fixed everything the game wouldn't be fun it's also true there are some very real problems with the game mechanics (things that are more of bugs and less of limits) Pistons are a long standing problem for example.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  12. Hawklight Trainee Engineer

More performance improvements would be very nice as the game still has a lot of lag on my computer.

13. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I'm not sure what question you need answered so I'm going to over-reply.

In SURVIVAL, use CTRL+B to copy a ship for blueprinting. Just remember B is for blueprint. Then pull up your Blue Print menu (F10) and create a blueprint from the clipboard.

It also come in handy when you're play-testing one of your own designs and you make a tweak in survival mode. You can also update a blueprint on the fly. Just remember that a new blueprint will overwrite the old blueprint and the cargo contents. If you've staged cargo for some purpose in creative mode, that cargo will be gone.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kobura Trainee Engineer

Do you mean the thrusters and controls occasionally being in molasses mode until the xyz of the grid is changed significantly?

I've always wondered if that was just me

15. Tallinu Trainee Engineer

Thank you, I did not know about that one!

16. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

no i mean this guy posts his shit like 5th time

17. Legolas6531 Trainee Engineer

I am so sad to see how many people suddenly lost all patience after this patch :(
    If alpha was available to the public for many popular games, (Skyrim, Fallout series, etc.) those who participated in it would experience similar bugs and even game-breaking major bugs at some point. This is how the game development progress goes.
    If a blacksmith was making a sword and shaped it all out and then began polishing it, but then began hammering on it again, the time polishing it would be a complete waste of time, as it would be ruined by the new hammer blows.
    Keen still has hammer blows to make and it's not quite ready to be polished just yet. Planets put a great point on the tip (I'm done with the sword metaphor now) but there is still more to do. I can't wait to see the final product this game will be.
    Also, as many have done before, just gonna drop this right here for people who haven't seen it to read over...

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Raetac Trainee Engineer

This would be a great idea :D Include player inspirations to the main game

19. Raetac Trainee Engineer

I'm getting 60 on medium settings low foliage on a polar lake, running a gtx760 main gpu (got an AMD R7 370 taking care of my additional monitors) with also 16GB with an i7. What version of windows might I ask? I'm on Win10

20. Two Apprentice Engineer

Funny how it is currently more reliable to land on a solar panel than on a landing gear...

I currently use stationary wheels as cushions for landing. They do absorb some force and have a good coverage to ease landing.

21. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

I think it's funny like realistic wleding/grinding setting is technically somewhere around 6-7x, since tier 3 tools takes only 1 silver ingot (basic tools are total garbage after few minutes of gameplay - just disassemble old one with one motor and piece of glass. Then build second tier). Please, make it at least 100. Progression is fine, but if the high level tools are almost free, it's pointless. Now, hard setting is easy and easy setting is near to instant build. Hard setting needs to stay hard. I think grinding/welding speed scaling of tiered tools on realistic setting should end BEFORE it reaches basic tools speed on 5x setting and so on. Just spread difficulty settings, don't move it into easier setting area.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. _P_ Trainee Engineer

when my firends log on to my server, they keep falling out of the planet when they are drilling and get hit by the smal chups of rock and other minerales. A fix for that wold be great :)

23. Heavynator Trainee Engineer

Do you have Hyperthreading enabled? Space engineers is only using a few cores and when you enable HT, it will cut your CPU performance in half.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Can't download it yet but I love pink grinder, looks pretty awesome :). As I said somewhere regarding lack of generators girls in space - there is not enough pink color in space. Nice update BTW.

25. Konscience Trainee Engineer

Would love having girls at all in SE, like:
    -Having a reason to turn into 3rd person (for another reason than high fov)
    -Avoid seeing my "not shaved since last month" face

I guess beard is a strong trend in the future...

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but right now, 3/4 of progression consists of disassembling single oxygen bottle right after the start. :) One bottle gives you enough silver to upgrade 10 tools (not the rifle) up to level 3. So you could say tier 3 is the starting tool and elite tier is problem just on the planet start.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

No, no, I didn't have skin type on my mind. I was thinking of women playing SE as they do 7dtd for instance... Although they might kinda need female skin to feel comfortable. For example my girlfriend loves to play with me (hehe) 7dtd on certain, favorite server. At least 25% of that server population can't have beard for obvious reason. It's kinda nice to meet girls in game, they bring fresh air into games, other perspective for a gameplay. I'm trying to convince my gf to play SE with me, but she can't find herself decent (in her opinion) goal, reasons to play. We are playing cause men like to build stuff, girls like to colour, grow plant, forcing 2 Sims into bed to have a sex after one date. That's why I'm supporting any progressive suggestions which are going to alternate gameplay a little bit making game more universal to other, less interested into construction people. Plus if product meets most people needs than is successful, and I wish keensh a lot of additional money for their projects.

Sorry for off topic post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. WeirdWizard Trainee Engineer

In that case I mean progression would be good. ;)

I agree there really isn't much in the way of progression on the gameplay of SE, well there is in the sense of building up a fleet of ships capable of performing various task but you can pretty much do everything on day 1 it just might take longer to gather the mats.

29. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I've rolled over using a drill as a pivot before. swung the whole ship over the drill to right it by planting it and then pushing until it was vertical. when planets were first announced I hadn't thought you would do that,so it seems like durability of many things has gone up when planets were released haha

30. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

It just needs some love :). Put new tools in game and make them work is first priority. But I somewhat disagree about "no progression". There is progression, but it depends on world setting and your style of gameplay. If you set inv. size to 10x for example, you loose inventory management part of the game. If you set refining time to 10x, you don't need to build more than one or two refineries and also solars/reactors to power them. If you set everything to max value, you don't need to progress by building better and better welding ships, because the first one has enough cargo and welding speed to keep up. Realistic setting is about hard work and progression, that's why I want it to be balanced so much. Easier setting is more about building, saving time and all the fun with crazy creations without waiting days for refineries.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.