Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.111 - New weapon/tool tiers, Performance improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. osusoy Trainee Engineer

the game is still laggy as hell even on pre-created worlds in single player so what performance improvements? i am still waiting for the day when this game becomes playable but don't think it is coming. and you want us to vote for this game? lol

btw, i am playing on a 3770K with 32GB RAM and a Titan. Even massive games like GTA or Fallout work perfectly smoothly on max settings and you can't get this "minecraft in space" to give us smooth gameplay.

• Late Late x 1
  2. DgZ345 Trainee Engineer

Atm it looks like there is some kind of memory leak and other bugs.

This game is more massive then GTA and Fallout. i dont count the ragdoll from fallout as a physics engine. nor does the houses in fallout check if they should crumble. its only static elements in fallout and GTA as there is no need to load NPC's that you cant see. while in space engineers you always need to calculate physics of every piece in space.

sorry to take this out on you. but can people stop trying to compare games that needs physics against Fallout or GTA. as they only have the polycount to calculate.

but i still agree that this can be optimized. i dont know good its using semaphores and multiprocessing. the netcode could be better so its not different from clients vs server.

like something that the server divides work to the clients to calculate so all clients help the servers to work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Legolas6531 Trainee Engineer

I am finishing my final project for the semester tonight, then for the next month is non-stop Space Engineers!
    :carlton:Body status: Ready :carlton:

• Like Like x 2
  4. mainframe Trainee Engineer

Ouch, this update hurt quite a bit. Can't load any of my old games without a instant crash. Tried a few new games with some nice mods, but a crash on load is all i see of those games.
    Feels like there's a lot more to this update than is advertised.

5. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

What :eek:ops:?

Regarding configuration. Have got much worse configuration on a 300 wat laptop and game is playable and in my un-moded case very stable.

I keep wondering all this people report crashes when I can play SE for 6 hours without single glitch. Maybe I'm chosen one with x-gene in my DNA or maybe I understand meaning of taking a part of alpha experience and try to avoid situations known as threat. Game is awesome, haven't played fallout4 yet, but comparing to GTAV... Well, Rockstar doesn't seems to rock so much.

So lets vote SE cause it is biggest sandbox ever, plus this game can train your logic thinking in pleasurable way.

6. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

thank you :tu:

7. Konscience Trainee Engineer

"How to forum...
    1. It's a game.
    2. Take nothing personally.
    3. Report bugs, don't rant."
    by LtTwinkie, KSWH Dev

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Two Apprentice Engineer

I know that fanboys love to defend their favorite game, but sorry this is complete bullshit.

SE is a joke in comparison to games like Fallout 4 or GTA 5 when it comes to volume of work. And then SE and Fallout even use the same physics engine, so in theory they would have the same bugs. The only reason Fallout 4 doesn't have them is the quality of development and testing.

Honestly: if you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, being silent is usually the better decision.

• Disagree Disagree x 13
  9. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

They are using the physics engine only to calculate simple stuff like falling objects. There are no rotors or pistons in fallout 4, there are only very simple interactions between objets (every object is on its own, there is no locking objects toghether). Hmm, I don't recall any gamebreaking bug with components falling down on floor...

• Like Like x 1
  10. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

good advice you should follow.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. Volcano Apprentice Engineer

Fallout is a RPG/FPS whereas Space Engineers is a sandbox engineering game which allows the player to build space ships and stations at a quite large scale. Fallout has no need for a very complex engine such as SE does. In addition, Space Engineers uses a voxel-based engine, and as far as I know this is not the case for Fallout 4.

So please, only compare what can be compared, because it's not the case between SE and Fallout 4. Those are two games with very different purposes and complexity.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

Also how long did it take to develop Fallout 4....4-5 years??? yea thats about right

13. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

Plus more employees (about 250 vs 50) and game engine with long history and development (based gamebryo engine). Also, Bethesda is not a new game studio (2002 vs 2010), so they they don't need to make games in early access "mode" to decrease cost, risk and time of development.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

GTA 5 and Fallout 4 are Triple-A titles backed by MILLIONS of dollars of investment and full-on game-studios.

Keen is a small operation still in its infancy.

GTA 5 and Fallout 4 weren't released in alpha for $20 a pop.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

I think a few other posters commented on the difference in genre, so I won't reiterate. But you should reconsider your comment.

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

did you just compare a finished game in a popular series from a well known publisher to an unfinished game from a newer developer? haha

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Pontiac Apprentice Engineer

Well, if he would have used EA as an example with a few of their recent releases, then it'd be a perfectly valid comparison.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Celestine Trainee Engineer

Actually I like Fallout but seems like post is turned to comparing games.

In my experience you can't even compare games that uses same engine (game logic and other stuff)
    What you can compare is the way a company takes thing at hand. Like what things are prioritised , how long will they give support. How much the will invest on dev. team. Will they evade fa based request or not , etc. etc.

As for SE :
    In my opinion ( not considering game apa state etc. etc..) the biggest mistake was to put a temporary multiplayer engine.
    But if that multiplayer option was not present ı won't even heard this game. ( We look only to the games we can play as group)

So adding multiplayer was a good idea not prioritizing multiplayer in first is kinda bad .. if we say like that here comes another problem if they dedicate themselves to the multi code then change the and start adding features they will have to refix that multi code again (probably)

There are many good or bad things that can be said in the end we only observe from our point of view and can not see the struggles or the obstacles other people have to overcome.

So conclusion is we can not say anything about this game for bad and good because it is not even beta.
    This alpha thing is like a shield. Nothing is static yet like ok this is how it will be when the game ends so to give proper judgment we need to wait for beta at least.

Maybe companies should avoid releasing games when they are in alpha there are so many abandoned projects or negative feedback.

As for me and my friend we stopped playing the game for a while ( my friend insist that he loves the game so much but because of issues he does not want to hate it). I'm constantly updating server an checking performance issues sometimes even drives me mad but I do not gave hate speeches around. There are many products that I'm sure you all purchased and played in your life with full of bugs problems but at least they were finished so we did not comply that much. Also ı'm beta tester for many games i seen problems dev. teams struggle on performance and bugs many times but nearly all were fixed before the release.

So what is in my mind is when will game alpha stage will end ? What will be the estimated release date ?
    I think you all should focus on these more. When it is released and you have serious problems believe many will support your complains. I think we may need to push the developer on this a bit they can provide us with a estimated development plan.

I'm sorry for my long post this was the first maybe the last post of mine because I do not like writing this kind stuff but I could not help myself after reading everybody's opinion for a long time.

Regards,
    Fellow Space Engineer

PS: Sorry for my english not a native speaker.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Two Apprentice Engineer

I knew that fanboys see things through pink glasses, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. But well... just keep doing what you do, I am sure it will help to make this game even more perfect than it already is.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  19. Peavy Trainee Engineer

Any reason for making players and ships go the same speed? Now there is no way to catch a speeding ship if you somehow fly out of it.

Somehow my speeds are back to normal. Not sure what happened, I tested it a few times

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  20. Legolas6531 Trainee Engineer

These kind of comments always make me laugh; calling people names and never actually making any reasonable arguments.

Back on topic, however, my friend and I have just landed on the moon and we are exploring it with rovers through an antenna array. We are definitely encountering bugs and issues but nothing we can't work around. I like to either role play around it or avoid the situation. It makes nice artificial challenges :)
    I guess there are just two kinds of people; ones that are "casuls" and can't deal with bugs " (which are indeed a pain at times, especially when you are excited to do something) and "diehard fanboys" who work with the bugs and actively Engineer around issues.

• Like Like x 3
  21. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

I never considered myself as a fanboy but I do love the Idea of a completely open destructible world. No other game has done this to this extent. and yes some bugs are for me just undocumented challenges/features. lol ;)

• Like Like x 3
  22. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

All aboard!

23. Tenmujiin Trainee Engineer

People complaining about ther 20 fps and I'm just sitting here with between 5-7 like, this is fine.

I have to say though, the one thing I really want from this game is for cargo/military ships to work with planets.

Edit: only graphical fps, sim speed is fine I just have the worst graphics card money can buy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

One more patch day!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. Savino Apprentice Engineer

Good to know that you had the chance to play those games while they were in alpha!!
    Wait! What?? You're telling me that you played only the finished version???

Oh you little....

• Funny Funny x 6
  26. Neeneko Trainee Engineer

Well, speaking as someone who is:

1. Not a fanboy (my other posts have been pretty critical of their PM and other such issues)
    2. Has worked professionally on games
    3. Has worked professionally on physics sims for actual science
    I see their points as being a lot closer to reasonable than your's. GTA5 and Fallout 4 are both visually very impressive, but their physics models are neither complex nor a core mechanic. It is true that both games did benefit from larger budgets, larger teams, and more of the resources devoted to testing, but they are still VERY different beasts from something like SE.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

So where is all the Hype at today? or....

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. saxmo Apprentice Engineer

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

today, last chance for this game

seems like keen have scared all the people with making a free weekend with a total buggy update.
    Had I play it on Friday , I would have just thought to myself: What a shittty game

Pls keen don't release big updates when u realize there is all buggy as hell, it's not longer a game, just annoying laggy thing

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. shmafoozius Trainee Engineer

kthxbye
    A bit harsh to give it the last chance before it's even finished.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.