Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.112 - Ore in rocks

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. khalysto Trainee Engineer

Still falling through world while hand mining on planet. The only difference now is my avatar remains in its last 'surface' position regardless of what I do when I'm under the world. If (when) I die, my corpse simply collapses where it was standing. The bright side is my allies actually have a chance of recovering the ore I had gathered.

=Khalysto=

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Devon_v Senior Engineer

One quick thing you can try is using SEToolbox's "Repair" feature. I'm at work and don't recall where it is on the UI, but it looks for common problems and resolves them automatically.

Space Master mode in game is also very useful because you can visually jump from object to object and see if anything is being obviously wierd.

You can sort all the data in the save by clicking on the column headers, so you can do a distance search and see if there are a bunch of coliding debris somewhere or a craft clipped into an asteroid or somehing. You can also just delete any exploration content that may have spawned to reduce the server load. Another thing to look at would be "Floating Objects". A few patches ago the system that cleans them up when they exceed the server's limits broke, and although they fixed it, it might be a problem in old saves. It's generally safe to just delete all of them, they're usually just ore chunks that drifted away during mining or components lost after a collision.

Do keep backups of the save in case you break it worse. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Bumber Senior Engineer

You have to compare based on the scope of the games. Neither KSP nor Prison Architect (lol) can boast the impressive physics modeling, voxel planets, multiplayer, etc., that SE has. All these complexities add to the development time.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

That hotfix must of patched oxygen too as I had a room where I could not figure out why it would not hold oxygen. Loaded the save after this hotfix and now the room fills fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DiggaTron Trainee Engineer

To assume that we are going to get multiplayer with out it being re purposed and reshaped on SE's end is just plain idiocy, you have a fine day angry man with no constructive argument to be seen.

6. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Hate to say it but multiplayer and SE don't go together in one sentence.
    SE multiplayer is a very very bad joke.
    Dedicated servers running on one core of a 16 core CPU, just wtf, 2 years later, seriously if alarm bells haven't started ringing about SE's multiplayer you have rocks in your head. No offence.
    KEEN are simply not interested in fixing it properly, it takes more than just creating there own net code, it needs opening up to the PC's recourses if its to have any chance of survival if you want any chance to have a faction war.

Do you see KEEN doing that this late in the game ? I don't.

Why is KEEN so slow ? At everything.

Because the money Pre-Alpha backers payed to develop Space Engineers did not just develop SE like it stated it was for when I and thousands of others purchased. It is developing 2 or 3 other projects.

Its an insult to be honest.

That's why, like myself, thousands of people have given up on SE ever getting any better performance wise, and without performance the game is dead in the water.

Pay attention KEEN.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

I wish SE had orbit and reentry mechanics like KSP ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

I eliminated my CTDs by reducing my OC settings

My rig:
    Asus M5a99fx pro / AMD phenom 2 @3.9Ghz (now 3.7ish)
    12gb ram @ 2000mhz now 1866mhz
    Nvidia GTX 960 4gb vram <--my Christmas present to myself. I love it.

9. Two Apprentice Engineer

Last time I did a constructive argument it was taken down by fanboys saying "You say you are so smart, but Keen is smarterer!!"
    Last time I did a negative comment it was taken down by fanboys saying "You say you are so smart, but Keen is smarterer!!"

Recently I came up with a similarity between fanboys and certain viruses that the immune system is not prepared for: once you have attracted them, you cannot get rid of them anymore, and then they kill you very slow and painfully.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. InvisibleLobster Trainee Engineer

So i have never died spontaneously while flying in space. Guess there's a first time for everything though. Also after update lagging like crazy.

11. cle Trainee Engineer

it is not ok.

we tried it for over 2 hours and nothing worked, very frustrating....we will test it tomorrow again after the "hotfix"........

12. Rin Trainee Engineer

New tools are broken in this update, not only do the colors not match up but if you use a welder the game crashes, if you use a grinder it unequipts once you get components, and if you switch to the tool or any other block it thinks your still holding down the button and will ether place a block without you clicking or continue grinding until you hit the mouse button. Ship based grinder and welders do not seem to be affected but it is still quite annoying.

13. DiggaTron Trainee Engineer

The hell you talking about? Do i know you? No. Fanboy?

Stop taking out your random issues on me. You directed your negative comment AT me, calling me blind in the process. What do you expect as a response? a hug? Jackass

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the fixes KSH guy! Rock on!

15. Echillion Senior Engineer

Can I suggest something? If your going to use a cockpit on a wheeled vehicle instead of using a oxy generator place a air vent on the front access port and set it to depressurise and it will suck oxygen into the cockpit so long as your in a high oxygen atmosphere as this works on the Earthlike planet.I hope this helps?

PS thanks to whomever about reassembling the hand tools to fix the problem I'll pass this on to my server admins.

Btw Keen have had ALL but 2 of their staff working on planets for the last 6 months to get them released at all? their just now swinging back to working on everything else cut them some slack but I do agree that the changelog patchnotes need to be a bit fuller of detail and forwarning of the link between sim speeds would hav been nice as mine went from FPS 60 UPS 60 and Sim speed 0.9 - 1.0 to FPS 15-25 UPS 30ish and Sim speed 0.2-0.6 But I thank them for all their hard work and wish them all A MERRY XMAS :tu:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lavertag Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    I have experienced the same fall of the FPS and Sim Speed. Hope it will be fixed soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Jas Apprentice Engineer

Rocks are disabled if you disable Flora density, please fix!

18. TinfoilChef Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Legolas6531 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Hehehehehe, we're in ur cells, rewritin ur dna.

But...there's no bait... :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Lavertag Trainee Engineer

What is CTDs? I also have installed a GTX 960 recently but i get few fps and sim speed. (Rig: i3-4GB RAM). Thanks for helps.

22. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

Crash To Desktop

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Julian Trainee Engineer

I have i7 6700K CPU, MSI GTX 980 Ti SeaHawk, 12 GB RAM and SIMULATION SPEED: 0.3 !!!!! - Update 01.112
    FPS is good, 40+
    Update 01.111 - Simulation Speed: 0.8-1
    Please! Repair!

24. cle Trainee Engineer

after 1 day of testing as client on an MP game with 2 players after the hotfix (we started a complete new survival game 1-1-1) -->

- falling through planet is NOT FIXED!!! ... i loaded my vehicle full and driven back to base on a plain ice-field....after 30 meters i fell into the f****** planet....the useless autosave was naturally off, so thank you, it was not funny......

- host's server crashed 1 time after a few minutes on the first run

...but hey, we got new ores in rocks what nobody wanted it.....thats more important......surely.......

EDITED --->>
    we built a few hundret meter high tower for our solar-panels and at the top i was pulled to a imaginary point of gravitiy....very "funny" to build as client :(

PLEASE fix your BUGS before adding new useless/buggy things, thank you!!

regards/gn8
    cle

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

CTD=crash to desktop. Mine was caused by too much overclocking. I upgraded from a GTS450 to a GTX960. On a planet, my rig with the GTS450 gave about 15FPS and with the GTX960, I am getting 45-60.

If I may offer some constructive criticism: I have not used an I3 to run Space Engineers, but 4gb RAM is inadequate. Your system must usual virtual memory (the hard drive) which is about 1% as fast as RAM. 8gb is much better, but there is also an issue with SE's memory management. I am running 12GB and every few hours I have to close and restart the game. SE's memory allocation reminds me of WINrot. The allocation gets bigger and bigger and bigger until your sim rate and frame rate fall off because SE overflows into virtual memory, which is bad.

Anyway, if you have the ways and means to increase your RAM even to 6gb, do it. It will help dramatically. I am not sure what OS you are running but WIN7x64 uses about 2GB, leaving just 2GB usable by applications on a machine with 4gb ram. Increasing from 4 to 6 gb effectively doubles your usable memory. I did this on my son's computer and it made a huge difference. Then I went from 6 to 8 gb on that machine and it made a big difference again.

8Gb does well. The nature of Space Engineers as I see it is that the more memory you have, the longer the game will play smoothly without going into space master (ALT+F10) and "cleaning up."

See Also:
    http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/4gb-client-machines.7376382/#post-1286906380

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

The new multiplayer will be here any week now, they said it would be less then a month when planets released, which is now

27. Ulfsark Master Engineer

There's your problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. histidin Trainee Engineer

24.12. is Thursday .. I hope We will open some BIG xmas gift from keen :woot:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Out0fAmmo Trainee Engineer

Any word on what was in the 35.8 MB patch that just dropped?

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Titus Trainee Engineer

maybe the hotfix that just dropped was for client crashing on respawn which was getting out of hand

EDIT: it seems to have made the server unstable, it just crashed...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.