Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.112 - Ore in rocks

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

Game works fine for me. DX9 isn't gonna happen.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hyppe Trainee Engineer

- fixed falling though planet

Yey! *Goes to move his mining tower thingie, falls thru the planet surface in less than minute*

:((

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Krypt Junior Engineer

So... What is brocken now? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hald Trainee Engineer

Ough, comon guys! Thet's not realistic!! =( It is not so hard to fly around on lander and find all thet you need!! If you can't - bad luck, try again! Really disapointed by this update! Say "hello" to Rust! No guys, really bad idea!

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. bisthebis 2 Trainee Engineer

I don't understand what's the matter of "ore in rocks"
    How different is this from previous worlds ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sourly ( っ '๐')つ Trainee Engineer

multiplayer netcode?*hmpf* More wait....

client simulation speed fixed? omg!!! game in slow mode... very nice... pfff wtf!!!!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Krypt Junior Engineer

We don't have ores on surface on earth just because humanity mined all of them

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Devilwarriors Trainee Engineer

oh nice finally!!

• Late Late x 1
  9. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

Not gonna lie, i'm dissapointed, that Boulder thing could have been proposed with some other things, but hey.

Also was expecting in the fixes the fact that ships are like papier macher, you just lightly graze something and its freakin obliterated like you had dozen of warheads.

or better my character dies constantly when he bangs his little toe on the corner of a block, i know it hurts, din't know it could be fatal.

Sometimes batteries doesn't switch modes properly.

Also loosing periodically health for no reason.

And a minor nitpicking, could you extent the hydrogen reserve of the suits to 3 minutes?, i was thnking 5, but that would be too long and you'll forget about it, 3 minutes is more balanced, keeps you on edge buts allow you to do things.

Also please rework the mass of certain items, some of them weights way too much and its a Pain in the arse to move them around.

Also...NETCODE UPDATE!!!.

thanks see you next week.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  11. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

This will make early game a bit easier. You know.. when we dont have massive mining contraptions to support progression :p

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. Xech Trainee Engineer

YES! THANK YOU!

• Late Late x 2
  13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Happy for two things:
    1.) Fixes! Yay!
    2.) Considering the lack of huge features left (New Netcode is a fix in my book) it's good to see them winding down for the festivities. After the frantic slave labor to get Planets running i just want them all to take a few weeks off and relax.

Not really anything to say about rocks in rocks since i don't play Survival. I guess it's nice? Let's say it's nice. Nice sounds good.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. StormField Apprentice Engineer

Nice update KSH!

I don't understand the problem with batteries, I will check bug reports but they have always been 100% on this end.

When I read the Ore in Stones title, I got really excited because I thought they brought this into the game: Better Stone Mod

15. Kittani Trainee Engineer

So I just discovered right click tunneling after 600 hours not knowing it was a thing. Now mining is so much easier, even by hand. The boulders are a nice gift of a free resource once in awhile but I'd rather see increased ore detector range (Or maybe upgradable ones?) Nothing is more annoying than HAVING to construct a large base near a deposit to see what is below because the crap's 150m below the surface and the small ship detector sucks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sagan Trainee Engineer

It s even worse i fall 4 time in 5 minutes :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Well at least your honest about not knowing how long it takes to make a game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Try a new world.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MegaMick Trainee Engineer

Yes!! Falling through planets and exploding connectors were really making us go insane on the server, thanks for the fixes guys!

Batteries not charging from Solar Panels is now the only bug that really is cranking on our nerves, but we have a work around on our faction:
    1- Go mine nickel
    2- Refine your nickel
    3- Make new power cells
    4- Grind the batteries that don't have charge
    5- Build new batteries, for more 30% of battery usage each
    7- Use that newly found battery energy to be able to go back to step 1

The other bugs were really hindering our ability to workaround the batteries bug.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sagan Trainee Engineer

Well i will try, but now i have a Schrödinger 4x4 in this world

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. shockr Trainee Engineer

Nice update. Bunch of fixes and some early game easy access ore.

Sure, we all want netcode so our DS' are more stable and less likely to lose your elite tools because of the server dying when you're not in a cryo.. but I'm gonna second what Rotal said... KSH deserve a bit of a festive break :p

Still seems to run smooth on an i5 4690K, 8GB, GTX970 in DX11 with the settings on medium and the grass at 1.0... so I'd say if anyone is having trouble running this, they probably just need to buy a new rig. Let's face it, DX9 is pretty damn old.. it's like asking why your xbox can't play your xbone games.. c'mon people, you wouldn't join an F1 race in a Fiat Punto. (And your Fiat Punto might look great racing Fallout 4, but it's not trying to get into space now is it!)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. ★AW/★ Trainee Engineer

Game still crashes when a voxel is removed at the moment of autosave.Fix the problem,or let us turn off autosave or at least the posibility to set a custom time to it and make the game alert us before it.Next week. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Well you can allways make a Blueprint of the Vehicle then past it in a new world with the Space master command. =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. shmafoozius Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the patch, but there are some new sad bugs... I cannot use any higher tier grinder or drill handtools anymore. It automatically gets the tier 1 tool even if I only have tier 3 in my inventory. Even adding the tools again through the G menu does not help. Also if I use the handdrill, my character just stops using it after 1 to 2 seconds and puts it away. I then have to press the key in the quickbar again to get the (wrong) drill out again. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. coonsaa Trainee Engineer

DS crashes every 20 mins now, fell through a planet within 10 mins of driving. Nice fixes Keen lol. My DS was up completely stable and now won't stay up 20 mins *facepalm*

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

Therea a mod for that

Edit: for the guy that dissagreed...
    (DX11) Concrete Tool - placing voxels in survival
    Fact! it exists. I think it should be included in the game.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. Kittani Trainee Engineer

Odd because mine recharge fine now that I have a reacotor in play. I just have to manually switch them between recharge and discharge. Also the reactor has to be turned on regardless of if it has uranium or not in it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. JamesL86 Senior Engineer

Maybe try just carrying the tool you want to use? That is what we do but then again we play on a 1x hardcore survival server so, yea.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. Devon_v Senior Engineer

The ambiguously Nazi guy with the floating head from Mazinger. :)

Basically solar panels try to power your whole base rather than charging batteries which could later do so for limited periods, plus the batteries try to charge each other, which means they just throw your power away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. CowCompressor Trainee Engineer

Is this the "Character falling through the world while mining" thingy?

Thanks for the fixes!

• Late Late x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.