Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.112 - Ore in rocks

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Two Apprentice Engineer

"Last week we noticed over 100 people online across all servers. A patch has been released to address that issue."

Keen you forgot to add that to the change log.

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Actually, they are. For them. When they get a bug to go away it goes in the update. They know it's not fixed for everyone. They continue to hope beyond any reasonable expectation that people still having the problem will submit a proper bug report so that they can see what's different between their computers and yours. That is the only way they will be able to figure out what's wrong. Unfortunately people just figure coming here and saying "it's still broke" will solve the problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Lord Starwolf Trainee Engineer

I also have an issue using any higher tier handtools on our survival dedicated server. Planetside only, as everything seems to work fine in space. I attempt to use a tier 3 grinder, only to have it automatically put away the moment it begins to grind anything. Tier 1 grinder works as usual... the interesting thing is if you have a tier 3 grinder selected, and a basic grinder in your inventory, the tier 3 grinder will work, albeit at the basic grinder speed.

This was verified with my buddy using same tools on a multiplayer dedicated survival server. Looking forward to not falling through the world however.

4. Kobura Trainee Engineer

For someone who "got refunded, BYE" according to his profile he sure does seem to be quite active. Bitter much? Got your money back...buzz off...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Bibber Trainee Engineer

There are enough good bug reports. Problem on freezes is that also the logging just freezes. So nothing useful to get out there. But it can be cut down to problems with voxel updates. And I bet falling through the planet also doesn't show anything in the logs.
    It's bad programming, bad collision detection, bad memory management (leaks). And if they are not sure that things are fixed for everyone then they should do more testing, but not just claim it fixed.

6. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Good enough is not, "It's still broke!" A proper bug report includes uploading your SpaceEngineers.log file, which contains the actual information they need to find the problem.
    It's all explained by Phand here: http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/attention-most-useful-way-of-reporting-bugs.6942981/
    "Falling through planet" will not show up in the log. The reason probably will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Volcano Apprentice Engineer

That's why we, players, are here. When buying this game we agreed to play an unfinished game with a high risk of severe bugs. The game is in its alpha phase (feature adding) and WE are testers. So do not assume there are enough bug reports, make your own report for each bug you encounter, ideally in already existing threads, or in a new one ; because every report can give the developpers new useful information on the bugs and help them to fix those.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. wd56 Apprentice Engineer

*takes a bow*

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Bibber Trainee Engineer

Read my post again, please! And when I talk about good bug reports I don't mean "It's still broken".

10. wd56 Apprentice Engineer

umm where did you get that quote from

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Didn't mean you personally. A quick perusal of the bug report forum suggests that many people believe "It's broken!" is a good bug report. Then they... lament... because Keen didn't fix it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Has anyone tried autopilot?
    Mine isn't working, at ALL. Did Keen just killed it now with the update?
    Whatever i do, it will not turn nor move towards anything, and nothing ever happens.

13. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

That's been a problem for several weeks now. Apparently it started the very week I decided to try the autopilot for the first time :(.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

All these issues (talking about bugs which comes with new updates) can actually be fixed by creating a small pre-alpha/pre-release test server. I'm sure keen has enough people on their dev team to actually test what they've made. Either that, or they can simply ask us to help them test it before releasing it as an actual update...

I feel like Devs are coming back and forth in-between "should we add more features before fixing the bugs?" and "should we fix the bugs first before we continue development?"

It's good that they are addressing some of the problems like mining difficulties in planets etc. But before all that, I feel like they need to focus more on optimization and bugfixes. Also I should mention that our comments on here are greatly affecting their approach as well. So my suggestion is, instead of ranting and blaming, if we can put more constructive criticism and suggestions in here, I'm sure they will follow it.

This last update is -in a way- shows how KEEN devs are confused at the moment. At least I'd like to think it this way. Otherwise I'll start to think that they're not putting too much effort on these fixes.

Keep in mind that I'm not defending devs or players or server administrators. I'm simply sharing what I'm thinking at the moment.

Edit: With the last update, due to their "hidden" change regarding simulation speed synchronization between the clients and the server, our server is now empty...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Devon_v Senior Engineer

You have more than two cores. CPU percentage is reported as the average of ALL cores.

16. GrinderFurax Trainee Engineer

No core is at 100%

17. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for that. It saves me a lot of effort.
    I too was trying it for the first time. I've been sitting here wasting 2.5 hours on getting something to work that's fully bugged... *dOh*.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Φ Hero Φ Trainee Engineer

DEAR GOD! People! THE GAME IS FUCKING ALPHA!

This community is starting to erk me! You guys bought a game that is not complete. Play with your bugs or wait for the game to be completed!

I on the other hand will report bugs. I have sent 2 of them via the auto bug report system so far, seems that the game is thinking I have the lower tier grinder in my inventory when I do not, same for the welder. When it is yellow and should be red, I crash if I use it. CTD

Tommorrow is my birthday, and I wish that I could play SE during it, but alas I might not be able to... THATS OK! I knew the game was gonna have issues BEFORE I bought it..

Thats why i tested a copy ....if you get my drift...before buying it...but that test was so fun that I bought the game. I hope to help shape this game aswell, I have a lot of ideas, and I know that 90% of them won't see it in the game, but i am ok with that. This game is exactly what I have been waiting for since I was 13...

I'll be 28 tomorrow...30 is coming to fast...

• Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  19. joustin Trainee Engineer

I am using the featured ship, it is crashing like crazy when the rockets hit or sometimes when it starts welding them. Not sure whats up but its probably my POS pc lol

20. shockr Trainee Engineer

I think it was sarcasm :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Cannot weld anything.

Code:
    015-12-10 21:44:18.660 - Thread:   1 ->  Loading voxel storage from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\VoxelMaps\MediumStoneIronCoreStoneCoverage.vx2'
    2015-12-10 21:44:29.221 - Thread:   1 ->  GC Memory: 2,780,110,368 B
    2015-12-10 21:44:47.470 - Thread:   1 ->  MyGuiScreenBase.UnloadContent - START
    2015-12-10 21:44:47.470 - Thread:   1 ->  MyGuiScreenBase.UnloadContent - END
    2015-12-10 21:44:59.222 - Thread:   1 ->  GC Memory: 2,810,183,208 B
    2015-12-10 21:44:59.490 - Thread:   1 ->  Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyWelder.Weld()
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyWelder.Shoot(MyShootActionEnum action, Vector3 direction, String gunAction)
       at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.ShootInternal()
       at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.UpdateShooting()
       at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.UpdateAfterSimulation()
       at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.UpdateAfterSimulation()
       at Sandbox.Game.World.MySector.UpdateAfterSimulation()
       at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
       at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
       at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
       at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
       at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Run>b__1()
       at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
       at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
       at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.RunInternal(String[] args)
       at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)
    2015-12-10 21:44:59.491 - Thread:   1 ->  Hiding window
    2015-12-10 21:44:59.495 - Thread:   1 ->  Network readers disposed
    2015-12-10 21:45:01.426 - Thread:   1 ->  Hiding window done
    2015-12-10 21:45:01.426 - Thread:   1 ->  Showing message
    2015-12-10 21:45:01.458 - Thread:   1 ->  ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2015-12-10 21:45:01.459 - Thread:   1 ->  ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2015-12-10 21:45:01.459 - Thread:   1 ->  ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. work harder man Trainee Engineer

more crash after update.ether with planet or just space.crash after just get in respawn menu,on which server I played for 2 days.then I get in a new server,always crash in a few minutes.what the hell!!! can't you try your update yourself before you release it?here is my pc,with i5 5490,gtx960 2G, 8GRAM,I never played another game crash frequently like this one. WORK HARDER ! MAN !:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Devon_v Senior Engineer

How about the client GPU?

It could be a glitch needing hotfixing. Is it a GTX 970 by any chance?

24. KA3NMNP Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Late Late x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. phantum Trainee Engineer

I'm not affected by any of these, also they all down voted because said poster wants 3 minutes of jetpack. Are they NUTS? Learn how to make some hydrogen bottles and add them to your inventory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

I just want to be able to remove trees. i built a ship to knock them over and it works wonderfully, but they just respawn later

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. shockr Trainee Engineer

I've just restarted my DS and tested again. So far I have been able to weld/grind with elite tools, but only if they are freshly created. Existing tools seem to have the problem. I was fresh out of cryo and had no other tools. Can anyone else confirm this?

28. Jenky Trainee Engineer

I think a few more rounds of dedicated optimization fixes are in order. This update seemed a little... unsubstantial. And that's not a criticism of lack of patch content, more like criticism of patch implementation. If you don't have much to patch then why bother compiling a patch? I know weekly updates has been Keen's thing and they've done a great job setting the bar, but some of these updates should really just be consolidated into one biweekly update (or longer). I'm not saying all updates should be biweekly, but certainly some. Maybe keep content patches weekly and then announce the longer bugfixing patches so we can just sit tight and wait a couple weeks knowing that Keen isn't stressing about deadlines every week. I don't think many players would mind, because frankly, waiting is what many of us are doing at this point anyway.

I'm starting to feel that at this stage of development, pushing so many small weekly updates is having the net effect of making players happy and keeping public image, at the explicit cost of slowing overall development. It's a PR/development tradeoff. The way Keen is doing things is certainly not my development style, but it's their development and community not mine. They'll do what they need to do.

That's the end end of my criticism, back to waiting, y'all have fun in the meantime.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Don't take things so straight and narrow, BUT yeah, pretty much. You have no idea how un-enjoyable running a space engineers server is...the only reason I do it is because I love the potential of the game and most of all I want it to thrive. It's not thriving right now. It's drowning. In its own vomit. Gross.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

so uhh.... are there any plans to add a small ship driver seat for wheeled vehicles now that planets exist to use them on? because... the existing cockpits both require an oxy generator, even in an atmosphere.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.