Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.113 - Atmospheric thruster animations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

Dear Keen.

Please tell me how you are able to drive so smoothly? I am not complaining but am confused, try as I might I always seem to wreck every wheeled creation I make. I play on single player to get the best sim and I don't normally see it dip below 1. Will you tell me what settings you use for the wheels? I want fluid motion just like yours. The issue just seems like I am driving a solid frame with wheels no matter what Strength or dampening I choose, how do I make it less like so? Anyone is welcome to PM me an answer as I would greatly appreciate the help. I want to be able to cruise around without bouncing so hard and crashing. Also what orientation should I make the wheels for the suspension? That was another thing that confused me, Normally I have the little piston pointing / like that with the flat tip pointing down, but I'm thinking it does not matter as long as its not sideways.

Also is there a world seed? My worlds always seem to be filled with mountains and I'd like a world where there are some flat locations to play around in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

Let's see if today is the day this game is optimised enough to let me play it with the computer I bought for it.

(Back when the specs were more forgiving and the immediate goal was "get it working and make sure it doesn't hog too much memory.")

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Than ks KSH.

Ayrton Senna RIP. Great avatar there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Echillion Senior Engineer

Keen Keep up the good work :tu:

5. xBlizzDevious Trainee Engineer

Tonemapping option seems to have been removed - please put it back! I can't stand the over-the-top vibrancy and the fact that lights never look right.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have checked through the config file - the option is still there and set to "False" but it's enabled in-game and is not visible in the options menu.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

+1 to this. much prefer the lack of bloom.

7. Varangian Trainee Engineer

Hint: Don't put strength up above about 6% and you'll be fine with cars. High strength = lots of bouncing.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Love it! Thanks Keen!

9. SuperBaldMan ∞ Trainee Engineer

The lighter the vehicle the less strength to use in the suspension, try adjusting this slowly until you get the right amount of sag in the suspension. Also increase the dampening to decrease bounciness.

I like to use somewhere around 40-60% dampening, and 10% strength for light vehicles, or 20-50% strength for vehicle with a load of ore. Sometimes I bind adjusting the strength to a toolbar hotkey, so I can adjust on the fly, for when I'm loading vehicles with ore.

But as a rule of thumb I adjust it until it's sagging just a little bit below my set suspension height, or one-step up from sagging.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Knsgf Junior Engineer

Finally they've fixed lights on an air vent.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cle Trainee Engineer

...now we have NEW holes in the ice-plain at our HQ right at the point we must docking on.....nice work....again endless hours of gameplay are gone.....there, they were never holes before......also logging in now the 20th time to can spawn at the health station from the host. because there were no basis/medical station from the host at all.....

....even a ALPHA-EARLY-ACCESS-GAME should be playable, but in multiplayer it is right now NOT POSSIBLE.... it is like "OMG...WTF!!!".....

- lights & many more tools/blocks are still useless on planets

- the client has the ass-card...nearly nothing works for him, while the host has no problems

- ... the host has said me "here i am"... but i saw him anywhere else....but not here, where he was.... [2 blocks too high and 2 block too far to the right] .... or i saw him still in the vehicle while he walked around elsewhere ... this is high-optimization you talked about, thank you!!

....we need a break from this game right now....see you next week after the new "patch"!

we are playing now to this time "endless legend" and something else.... *disappointet* .... see you next week when you hopefully fixed THE REAL MAJOR BUGS !!!

...actually it is NOT a multiplayer game for SURVIAVAL ON PLANETS.....sorrowly.....

head downed and disappointed....
    cle

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bistro187 Trainee Engineer

Kind of makes me glad I just play Single Player.... All these people moaning and groaning about DS and MP problems... Gee Whizz :munch:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. SweetPorkSlice Trainee Engineer

The whole point is that you can play MP. You can fight, trade, cooperate, build together, share ideas and so on and so fourth. This is interesting, i don't understand how people can have fun playing SP. IMHO

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. cle Trainee Engineer

lot of people are only "disagreeing" my post, but do not post their reason why....very simple to them....but meaningless........they can not post why they disagree, because thay have no arguments....funny....

... do you have other arguments????

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. SuperBaldMan ∞ Trainee Engineer

I agree playing MP is more fun, but SP can be fun too. Even if it's just to practice for when MP is stable :woot:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Bopkasen Apprentice Engineer

That stutter! :stare:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

My argument is that you have no argument. Fin.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Xanyk Trainee Engineer

Yeah, here is my argument. You, just like every other person coming on here to complain about the "broken MP" when it had been clearly stated that MP will be a major update and that the current MP code was hastily placed together as a temporary, let me say that again, temporary placeholder until they can make a more stable net-code. But, you all ignore this and week after week it is "the MP is broken, why you no fix keen? I am done with this game that is not playable". Patience, you bought an unfinished game. And why are people spending so much money on running a DS when it is known that the MP is a temporary fix? Just seems foolish to me.

But hey, keep coming back each week to make huge posts complaining about a temporary net-code. That's cool. You don't come across as entitled. At all.

• Agree Agree x 15
  19. Coolz8 Trainee Engineer

1. Don't complain if you don't know how to fix it or do better.
    2. Some of your sentences are difficult to understand so your idea might not be conveyed as intended
    3. Please read up the early access disclaimer. The game is not complete, it is a buy at your own risk disclaimer. Buying the game is your decision, not theirs.
    3.1. At least be thankful Keen is still updating with fixes/minor features on a regular basis as contrasted to some other early access games where the game is bugfixed much less frequently so people have to deal with the same ones over a longer period of time(but hey, they find a way around those or endure longer)
    4. We've gotten tired of trying to explain over and over to people like you and you tend to whine immediately before considering all perspectives.

On another note, cheers to autopilot and simspeed fixes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. LittleTerror Apprentice Engineer

- fixed autopilot not working

Nice one, been waiting for that so I can continue working on navigation script.

Also I think we are due a bug fixing and performance improvement period, features are nice but the more you add the more you will break :((

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Nice one Keen. I love bug fixing, much more than new features> I speak for myself but I know many people agrees with me, many also don't but that I don't care lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Yup, autopilot works like a charm :woot:
    And those fans look good when animated.

I have discovered a bug though :((
    Whenever i have unmerged a large ship from a station, the large reactor on that station still gives out energy onto that large ship.
    My Large Reactor is completely overloaded due to the atmospheric thrusters on the large ship.
    ... kinda weird

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Goldobsidian Apprentice Engineer

Was going to say I am kinda disapointed with the lack of content brought in the recent two patches but seeing the sort of bugs your fixing and how much of an issue theyve been to us all, Thank you for your hard work.

24. yrogerg77 Trainee Engineer

Hey guys... I hate to be "that person" but when you added this debug thing and permanently bound it to F12... I think you forgot that Steam by default uses F12 as the "take screenshot" hotkey for the steam overlay. Yes I know I can rebind this to a different button... or use SE's built-in screenshot hotkey... but I'm pretty used to using that button for years now and it keeps popping up with debug info in front of my screenshots!

I'll rebind it for now, but the reason I'm mentioning this at all is not because I'm a whiny brat, but because it might be nice to allow users to re-bind the F-keys for these in-game functions, such as Space Master Mode, Blueprint panel, etc. Currently I don't know of any way to affect the keys used to activate those functions in order to prevent conflicts like this in the future. Just a thought!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  25. Ulfsark Master Engineer

My group of friends and I ended up making a great base on one server. MP then started to turn for the worse, so we switched to another server. Then the client/server simspeed issue came about. We kept blowing up ships because of the LAG-skip issue. Someone joins the server, next thing you know your ship is being placed inside your base. Is it frustrating? Hell to the MF'ing YEAH! Was I pissed? Beyond words. So, i put the game down for a few days, then started playing single player. As others have said before you, they are WORKING ON A WHOLE NEW NETCODE. Yeah, i think we ALLLLLL can agree that it can't come fast enough, but I want Keen to do a good job on it, and not rush it based on the whiny childish rants of a few.

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. Ulfsark Master Engineer

its not f12. Its SHIFT or ALT f12 .... or CTRL. Only if you press it without the proper modifier key does it take a picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  27. roothorick Trainee Engineer

When I saw notes about mining I was hopeful... but no. I expected too much. Mining is still far from practical, and survival unplayable by extension.

I'll once again go back to other games.

28. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Nope, it's not. Not really going to be for quite some time.
    Might help if you understood that all that stuff you're mad about won't be fixed next week, either. I promise.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I watched a bunch of people on Twitch playing this unplayable game in survival. Guess they didn't get your memo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. TStarnes Trainee Engineer

Is anyone else experienceing new crashes since the update? My game was sluggish but working before. Now the longest I have been able to keep the game playing before it crashes is about 5 sec.

I removed all the mods, started a new vanilla game with the lowest everything setting, and it is still happening.

Is anyone else seeing this and if so, any idea of how to get around this, get the game working, or when it will get fixed?

I am bummed because it was working and I was enjoying the game and now it is unplayable (meaning literally unplayable)

As a note, when it loads up, it is veeeerrryyyy choppy, cleans up, then crashes right after. None of that was happening before the update and I hadn't added anything.

I am really bummed by this.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.