Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.115 - Cyberhound, Fireflies

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nidor Trainee Engineer

I was quite surprised when i loaded up this morning by these guys. I agree the exploding is a bit much, especially since we don't have a legit way of filling in the potholes in the ground yet. But I am not mad with their inclusion, they are pretty interesting. If you wanted them to be thematically correct, I would be completely happy if they were spawned from pirate bases as a sort of scout/stealthy unit. That way you can justify the cyborg theme, and if possible, a means for pirate bases to be a threat even if out of antenna range.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Clunas Junior Engineer

Looking forward to a future update where we can capture/tame them. I neeeeeed a pack of cyberwolves protecting me from the space spiders

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wuxian Trainee Engineer

Hey Keen, you're 4 months early of uploading this video.

Seriously though, I am going to turn this feature off. Makes me think this game is going in the wrong direction.

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

It's not so much angry that we got something new, but that we got something new that just feels underwhelming and honestly a bit mean. People had been hoping for animals or at least some sort of creature on earth-like planets for a while, since the alien worlds had hostile spiders. I get the feeling most people were expecting more of a 'neutral' mob. Something that doesn't attack you right away, but can be dangerous if provoked. Instead we get something that hunts you down, and if you try to avoid it, it just blows up your stuff.

And considering how common 'random explosion' is in this game, I can see a lot of people looking at this as just an added frustration for no reason but to make players have to rebuild everything even more often. Seriously, landing gears still cause random explosions, especially when combined with rotors and pistons which were supposed to have been 'fixed' ages ago. Now we have to worry about dogs blowing up our stuff. I don't think people would have quite the problem with this if they removed the exploding bit.

• Agree Agree x 17
  5. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

People are really over reacting. Seriously, the solution is simple. You add interior turrets to the perimeter of your base and load them with ammo then you don't have to deal with them anymore.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Cyberhounds seem like planetary meteors to me... Either you have turrets to shoot them or all your stuff blows up. Still think the game's hazards need to be less binary than that.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MrStratos Trainee Engineer

Nice, a new update, let's do the usual test...

...sigh. No, I didn't crouch. Any updates about this issue? Because... honestly the game has been unplayable for weeks now. I can't even walk.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

It is optional, it's more of a side track for anyone who wants something else than just building. Or for someone who is bored of year of bulding and wants some action and destruction for a change.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

The difference is you can kill them easy with turret, but when you're traveling it makes the rest of the planet more hostile.

10. Scya Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for fireflies :)
    But i'm not really sure cyberhounds fit into this game.

Happy new year to everyone! :)

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. escape pod tester117 Trainee Engineer

Nice, thanks keen, now get some rest, happy new year everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Otio Trainee Engineer

Fixes
    - Fixed crash when joining dedicated server

Thank you ! Such a good news :)

Question : are we able to stop cyberhounds ? a line to drop in the cfg ? or we have to wait for the moment ?

Thanks again and happy holiday ^^

13. Ovenmit Trainee Engineer

er.. I hope this is some sort of AI test left in for the lulz....

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. frobbozz Trainee Engineer

Actually I don't think it is that simple and I don't think it is an over reaction. Sure, if you have already built your base, a rover or exploration ship, stockpiled ore, and can easily spare the resources it is a nuisance but can be handled. Have you tried starting a new game yet? The lander has enough materials for a couple batteries and a few solar cells. It takes hours to get to the point of self sufficiency. As I said in my post, if it is an opt-in option that you can turn on and off at will, no problem, but adding rampaging packs of exploding dogs was not on the top of my list for "next steps" in this game. I honestly think they should role back the patch until they can put the option in to disable them.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hellothere! Apprentice Engineer

Please tell me this is a joke. The fireflies are great, and I have nothing against ai dogs/wolves, but laser shooting and exploding robot dogs? Just no. That is not even soft sci-fi any more, that goes into cyberpunk territory. Please tell me you guys just missed the month and are doing some april fools right now.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Gentry Senior Engineer

cyberhounds feel like an easier way to try and add a little more substance to the gameplay

I'm all for low hanging fruit

but it simply doesn't work

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. DaveAllen10 Trainee Engineer

Cool edition. I know this is really just a filler update, and I'm glad we got something today which was a pleasant surprise. Fireflies = awesome. Cyberwolves = awesome, but problematic. Considering that making ammunition in survival mode takes a while, I am curious to see how this will balance. The explosions are what really make me a little afraid. In survival, one explosion even damaging your refinery or medbay = game over. No resources to repair. I know its "optional" but I hate having to turn off features.

Can we get regular wolves that go about their own business in the wild, but maybe attack in packs very occasionally when you're traveling? That way they are a low-level challenge when you are out exploring, but don't threaten your home base. Plus, here's a chance to show off the AI you're working on.

Mainly I just want ambient wildlife.

• Agree Agree x 10
  18. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

robo-dogs that BSOD when cant get to the target..... well played.... i guess?

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. T-Zero Trainee Engineer

What is it? Where are you "Planet Nomads"? You are our last hope...
    The best Statement is: "the Cyberhound is an optional character - you can always turn it off from the main menu and enjoy the survival mode without any NPCs"

Sorry but the last updates from ME and SE are lame. I think you take trouble with this.
    I hope the problem is the turn of the year... Next year it must be better.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

The worst update of the year (ironically the last too). I loaded up the world, within 2 minutes, dogs attack and blow stuff up. There wasn't even time to get any defenses up.

And of course, the option to disable them "is disabled for a few days".

So, we either have to "hax" some defenses in with creative tools (in survival mode) or just not play.

Exploding dogs should really come with an option to disable them.

Please do avoid rushing features like this in last minute. :stare:
    Cya next week Keen!

EDIT 01/01/2016:
    Option was added to disable spiders and/or cyberhounds. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 17
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Ash87 Senior Engineer

So what is the option to turn them off by editting the save file...? Drones?

22. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I don't know where this laser shooting part came from. You're tell me that pirates with automated drones wouldn't have hounds that hide into the environment to steal stuff. Now what would be interesting is have normal wolves and these cyber hounds where you can sometimes find 1 or 2 roaming around near some wolves to throw you off and they are stronger, faster and more aggressive than the normal wolves. I don't think they need to explode though, just tear through stuff over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Meteo Trainee Engineer

At this point and seeing a well, very cool update fireflies, and a new npc ... but I think they are not doing enough ... the game is lagging behind, far behind compared to other releases. I took from the day 1 in the early acces to this great game, and every month I see as the worst game will be surpassed by other in many respects.

This game should have much content as it tries to build vehicles and bases, should not that be little variety of objects, I mean for example: there is only one type of gyroscope, one block lighting (2 for bases and large ships), blocks of existing vault creating a lot limited, different powers and sizes for existing blocks and objects should be a reality and not a necessity as it is. There are decorative blocks or indoor or outdoor ... Developers have a big project, and all the weight you are dropping in moders, who are really nourish the game of choice ... it's a shame to see your game Favorite advance so every week for more than two years ago.

Regarding his IA, let drones will you call to what is today in the game, thousands of games on the market that have something much better than that ... the "drones" that you can offer us are simple propelled turrets, ┬┐ when we drones and other real enemies, using weapons fixed, q more than a mass of blocks and a turret motors that move from here to there ?, because honestly I can not believe that you are "supposed" to develop the project GOODAI call this IA ... thousands of games on the market with IA much higher than that of their game at all levels.

They have released the planets, and it really is surprising his work about them, but they are not playable, the game is less playable than ever on DS, the servers are empty because everyone expects the big day that this great promise and magnificent project they have in their hands, with many thousands of possibilities come to light as something playable, and not a simple environment in which to build and see things explode. The creative world is good to experience, but nowhere is the game we all want.

The need to give life to the planets, to have real enemies in these and in space (not just motorized turrets) to nurture the game with real content, and variety in blocks to use and start doing playable is a necessity and not a request, or this game Alpha will become an eternal, that day and other games today are reaching and even surpassing many major deficiencies that today has the SE.

In my country there is a great saying "what you eat are raised", you have created a very large creature with unimaginable possibilities, now no longer feed it to grow, because if so your future will starve. Enrich your game, nutranlo, playable haganlo or lost in the past going into the background being overtaken by other games that surround them.

MODs are currently the leading variety in their game, surpassing even this much, but are useless if they do not officially adding to his game, very well to create and lead beyond imagination when creating something, but you just have to see actulaes online servers, almost none use them for if a moder stop giving support or just bored and still not updating so created is of no use, but also in the DS that already if They need long to get them online. The moders do a great job, use the time they spend on nurturing their game, to fix what you do not give them time ... they gladly have done much of the work that you can not, aprobechenlo as they officially a├▒adanlo insurance will be proud to see their creations officially added to his great game.

It has always been said that the greatest power is the information esiste, well you should inform your community more, all who day to day and week to week are waiting for changes in our favorite game ... since misinformation , failure to disclose what is being done, or what they plan in the future is getting many to leave and see the SE as the so-called "eternal Alpha" many have even decided that never see the light, because eyes of all the other titles that begin to steal his limelight, so his only choice is to park, leave and abandon him to become the great game that should have been ... I do not allow it, it's okay to go ant ... baby steps need to put more energy into the project and they need already created a game to be playable and my great regret his game today is no more than a beautiful tapestry on the wall.

With all my heart a fan and lover of Space Engineers from the first day ... do not let him die like this happening.

a greeting and heed their community.

PS: I feel my English use the google translator to communicate with you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  24. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

At the moment we can't. Got to wait a "few days" for them to add the option back in..... which is really f'ing stupid.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Nikecow Trainee Engineer

Is this your way of saying you wanted to take a week off with the holidays? I mean, that's fine with me but at least don't add retarded stuff to make it seem like you were busy.

Actually take a week off and come back to focus on what really matters, netcode and optimizations.

Cyberdogs, really? This is giving me some DayZ development vibes.
    And you can't even turn them off yet?:stare:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Wuxian Trainee Engineer

RayvenQ needs people testing his mod Link to the mod
    It should disable them

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Late Late x 1
  27. Gentry Senior Engineer

Yes they wouldn't because that is a completely ridiculous premise.

"why don't pirates build robotic snakes that swallow entire blocks hole!!! Surely that would be easier for stealing right guys!!"

• Funny Funny x 5
  28. Mastersniper56 Trainee Engineer

First time post here Keen..

I have been playing Space Engineers since the day it came out, and I have never been once disappointed, so please keep up the good work!!

But this one....ughhhhhhh

I have noticed something with these new Cyberhounds, they have no AI Pathing built into them... I know this is a new release, and will most likely be fixed next week, but right as I join a server, a couple will attack..(no big deal) but they don't move around objects at all, they just "B Line" towards you and if they get stuck, they just blow up causing large amounts of damage. They one shot kill you, and they take everything that you have in your inventory and I know you stated there is no way to turn them off (So why implement them?).... Definitely something to look into, I'm sure it wont take too long to add in a Code Line for AI Pathing on these predators, remove the explosion on them, and make it so it takes longer for them to find you, they spawn up every 4minutes, two at a time or more.... Definitely needed to take more time on this one or just fix more coding issues.

Thanks,

Mastersniper56

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
  29. Wiggy Trainee Engineer

Was surprised this morning to come across these little f***ers! I didn't even see them at first, i was sitting on my stripped down atmospheric lander, and was suddenly crushed by my solar array falling down after hearing an explosion, upon respawning i saw something in the distance coming towards me, with my weapon no where in sight i took refuge on my medic station, big mistake!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  30. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I'll admit normal wolves would be better and them exploding can be a nuisance, but I think with some modifications it could be an interesting feature.

• Agree Agree x 6
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.