Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.116 - Medical room modding support

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. rottielover Apprentice Engineer

"Feedback and Constructive Criticism
    We invite you to post your feedback, either negative or positive. Without this we won’t be able to improve the game and resolve any problems/bugs. Try to be as more constructive as possible by providing reasons why you like or don’t like something in the game and what can be done to make it better."

OK here goes... A) Do some form of testing before releasing an update. This is not the first update that's broken major features of the game. and NO I am not talking about minor things, I'm talking about what's listed above already, like servers crashing / MP survival completely broken etc. You've got the ability to have an intern or two, use them to load up the game and play it on the update for say 20 min. Host yourself a small DS on-prem in your office for them to test against as well.

B) If you're going to continue with the weekly update no-matter-what format, then you I think should be putting in some written or verbal updates around the bigger stuff you're working on to at least let the community know that you've not forgotten and yes your working on it. Big example here, NetCode.... How many times did we hear "soon" after planets, yet there's not been a single update on where Keen is at with it. I still personally think you need to scale back on the updates, maybe bi-weekly, maybe monthly.

C) I do not like the way this update got presented. There were already medbay mod's out there on the workshop, and the way this was worded and presented didn't really cover what came in the update, but made it seem as though you released support for something that was already being done (which to some degree is true, but not the full story).

Hopefully that made sense.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

this more than just compensates for the last updates - at least if there came no extra bugs (which i cant test because i got no time :| ) i like the idea, cant wait to see some heavy battle suits coming up these next weeks

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  3. Ced23Ric Apprentice Engineer

It does not.

Modded suits already existed. Literally dozens. This is not NEW. This is just Keen doing something modders have been doing BEFORE them. Just like rotating thrusters were done by modders BEFORE Keen did those. Keen even said, "it's an engine limitation", only to be proven wrong. Why do you mindlessly give praise to something that is not an update? And yes. There came extra bugs. Game breaking bugs. Such as, Survival MP no longer working. How can you be so ... easy?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

I envision a smoke-filled room so dark that it appears to have no walls or boundaries like the set from Night Gallery.
    There are hookahs and pillows....some kind of bird-like creature squawks in an ornate cage.
    Pastel lighting is diffused into the immediate area from a semi-organic looking control dais.
    There's an ever-present throbbing sound like you'd hear on a Dailek vessel or one of their installations.
    Nobody is present.

-Morloc

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Animal 22 Trainee Engineer

MMmmmm salt, i need more salt. Saltiness over patches sustains me! Complain more about not getting the major thing you wanted right now, that hits the spot!!

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Echillion Senior Engineer

Nice update :tu:

But I do wish my fellow forumers would make allowances for those that don't have English as a 1st or even a 2nd language especially as the nuances in our language are very hard to understand even for some of us natives?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Robinson C. Senior Engineer

Please bring the fixed what already exists and no more new items. While this is an alpha version, BUT also an early access version ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. maliqua Apprentice Engineer

Please please stop with the weekly updates.

talk to the community stop pissing us off every single week.
    I implore everyone who is sick of these weekly failures to change their positive steam reviews to negative.

No matter how much people complain on the forums keen doesn't seem to care. and week after week they keep adding feature bloat and more bugs.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 22
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Meteo Trainee Engineer

nothing happens, it is difficult to communicate. But in short if that meant. a greeting

10. Jan5366 Trainee Engineer

We can't take anything out of a cargo since update o.O (DS)

11. Ced23Ric Apprentice Engineer

I did not want Keen to make playing impossible again, only after two weeks before the last incident. Are you somehow not seeing that this rather inconvenient?
    I wish people like you would stop posting such things as if you're at the doctor's and you're getting your reflexes checked. What is nice about the update? Everytime someone instinctively says "nice update" (etc.), you are oly driving the stake deeper. The time for lenience is long over. Keen has not made a point of apologising for the repeated gamebreaking, or the non-updates (tiered tools, planet modding, suit modding, were all non-feature updates. We had that for quite some time.), or even pushing non-updates for content that does not or ony partially work. Custom ore maps for planets, do those work now outside of local SP?

Man, really. You are the reason games go to shit. Criticism is an important part of feedback, and you are drowning it with your pointless yes-man posts. This makes me even more disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Meteo Trainee Engineer

:tu::tu::tu::tu::tu: The best comment I've read

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Otio Trainee Engineer

Can't even play ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. moomoo42085 Trainee Engineer

I'm glad you guys think planets was such a game changer for a game based around building in space.... IT IS a grand achievement I will give you that, however the MP of the game has been getting neglected more and more, constant sim speed issues, rotors/pistons/merge blocks all going on the fritz [more so in MP] and instead of trying to truly tackle the core issues, it seems you guys are trying to 'minecraft' this game, "just let the moders finish and fix what we don't" and will not go very far for long.....
    I among MANY others, beg you KEEN, please work on the netcode/simspeed/core Gameplay elements, and stop adding *features* like 'cyber dogs' aka Creepers....
    I love this game, and support you guys, but MP and the core gameplay needs your time/attention/love, even if it breaks your 'holy' weekly update schedule, the game needs it.
    Also would like to say, thanks for a great 2015 Keen!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Otio Trainee Engineer

And the god damn song when we are using the medical room [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rabbitsocks Trainee Engineer

well, i have now fully uninstalled after over 1000 hours of gameplay i will come back in a year to see if anything has gotten better.
    got got this award: Somebody Likes You
    Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
    erm, ok keen i don't mind telling the truth that your game has become unplayable garbage worthy of removing from my steam library :D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. bl00dValla Trainee Engineer

Since this update some items disappear from the players inventory from time to time on my DS with a one week old map but in contrast to other posts I am able to take stuff from the cargos.
    Additionally when I weld or grind often my tool deactivates and I have to hit the number key again to proceed - annoying, but not game-breaking.

Before releasing such changes please test it. I don't mind if you skip a weekly update if you were not able to test it. Better than breaking everything. Take your time, there is no deadline.

18. n8frog Trainee Engineer

Thanks Keen for keeping the weekly update schedule regardless of holidays. Last weeks patch was very badly received and made lots of people angry. (Myself included) Now this week the patch seems very pointless as modding MedBays was a feature I don't think I have ever seen a single player ask for, but ok holiday hours patch I get it.

I think there has been a disconnect between the players and the developers. The patches we are getting are starting to look like a big "We don't care" from the devs. As in "we don't care that our game is becoming more hassle than enjoyment".
    I am aware that most of the seemingly game breaking bugs only happen in multiplayer, and I know I can always just play creative mode, but for me (and many many others) the survival multiplayer mode is the only mode I WANT to play, and also the only mode that your development team neglects again and again.

So I will ask you PLEASE stop adding crud like bomber dogs and focus your entire coding team... yes all of them... into making multiplayer survival mode work at least as well as creative single player mode. Don't do ANYTHING else please! Work on the multiplayer code until it works properly and don't stop until it does. Set a fixed deadline to accomplish this, then announce it to the public so we can hold you to it! That is how you get crap done!

Next Thursday I would rather see an announcement that says "No patch this week we are too busy fixing multiplayer!", than a patch that adds... pink fluffy unicorns or some other crud.

I gotta say if I didn't see huge potential in this game, the bugs and lack of any attempt to satisfy the multiplayer community would have pushed me away from this game very quickly. Redeem yourselves Keen and show us your mighty coders skillz!
    I have had many friends stop playing this game already because of multiplayer issues... gotta fix it soon guys! (People are already comparing this game to the Star Wars Galaxies failure... gotta fix that Keen or suffer the same fate)

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. vymasteny_pankac Apprentice Engineer

thanks for fixes! KeenSWH please, if possible to consider taking best/most used/liked mods into vanilla (your poll from time to time) so they can be optimized by you. currently, however good modding support is, most of the mods are complete graphical/functional mess that either don't align with graphics of the game or can break builds with any update or causes high fps drops, also this means we have tons of incompatible workshop items across all the community. anyway, far better update then the previous one, keep it up.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. moomoo42085 Trainee Engineer

boy, they can delete comments but dont have time to okay mine??? some moderators....

I'm glad you guys think planets was such a game changer for a game based around building in space.... IT IS a grand achievement I will give you that, however the MP of the game has been getting neglected more and more, constant sim speed issues, rotors/pistons/merge blocks all going on the fritz [more so in MP] and instead of trying to truly tackle the core issues, it seems you guys are trying to 'minecraft' this game, "just let the moders finish and fix what we don't" and will not go very far for long.....
    I among MANY others, beg you KEEN, please work on the netcode/simspeed/core Gameplay elements, and stop adding *features* like 'cyber dogs' aka Creepers....
    I love this game, and support you guys, but MP and the core gameplay needs your time/attention/love, even if it breaks your 'holy' weekly update schedule, the game needs it.
    Also would like to say, thanks for a great 2015 Keen!

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. Particulator Trainee Engineer

Anything on fixing MP Survival DS? no?! ah well...

Going back to play 7 days to Die and tell my friends there that want to buy Space Engineers to wait before buying it.
    Thank you, see ya next week for an other weekly failure.

• Agree Agree x 6
  22. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

I can see modders being interested in this but NO FIX FOR BATTERIES?(or is it the solar panels that aren't working?) Man sucks I started a new planet scenario a week ago and can't do a thing because my base has no power (the default starter base) and all the ships are sitting there unflyable because they too have no power. All I can do is walk around with my hand drill out swinging in the breeze in the so far vain hope I might stumble over some uranium. Thank god i started it on an earth like planet! :(

23. Harrekin Master Engineer

I hope all the people complaining about problems are posting detailed bug reports...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. maliqua Apprentice Engineer

How does one file a bug report for poor communication, and feeling like the developers are actually now spiteful and actively trying to alienate the community?

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Optimisation fixers... good stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. RushTea Trainee Engineer

To those of you complaining about lack of testing:
    http://www.keenswh.com/qa-tester.html

There's a job opening for that, which means they're more than aware of the need for testing.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  27. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

There's plenty posts about the current battery problem in the bug forum it really knackers new map starts..on older worlds where you have power alternatives already running you can get around it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Ok ... I have to vote this as the most irrelevant update eva.

Modding medical room....er....right. I don;t see why, but perhaps they have some idea that needs this.

Modding characters. Great...fab...just useless as it does not give any clues as to how you MAKE a new model for the character, and I am pretty sure it will need 3DS Max anyway and a rigged model I can't do anything with.

Fixed crashes I wasn't getting.

Did not fix issues with falling through the ice, auto cleanup of rotor heads and wheels, random O2 not being used which is affecting me.

All in all....I am increasingly of the opinion that I would rather NOT have a patch than have a patch which partially implements something, or which has no visible connection with anything useful but might have in the future. Also getting a bit fed up with being told I can 'mod' something, but then getting complex and expensive tool requirements meaning I absolutely cannot mod them.

Being given something broken is worse than not being given anything at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  29. Φ Hero Φ Trainee Engineer

Welp, you fix nothing, back to other games..

To hell with your medbay mod support.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

This game started out so promising.. and has now devolved to the point where I don't even think they're putting much effort into it anymore.

The last few updates have been virtually worthless unfortunately. I hope it's because they have a lot of good things lined up that just are done yet...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.