Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.117 - Roadmap, Bug-fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I do like the new format better, but demonstrating the mount points would have been nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

-Official Persistent Servers

Its in the roadmap.
    Holy shit.
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. throttled829 Trainee Engineer

Now, this is more like it. I was here ranting at you guys 2 weeks ago about the hounds update and this, honestly, redeems my faith in you. This says to me, you're listening and you care about your game and community of players. Informing us and managing expectations was a necessary step to take and I am really glad to see that you guys put time into doing it. Top shelf, well done.

Space Engineers has laid the framework for a bright future for KSH and that is something I have always known since first seeing the game being played on Youtube. I think packing it in with SE1 and releasing a final product within the next year is a very admirable and practical option to take at this point. All the bitching aside, SE1 is a phenomenal accomplishment and you guys took a brand new concept for voxel based gaming and made it awesome. Contrary to some of the discussion last week I saw in the Change Log, there is no real comparison of this game to any other on the market. Space Engineers is a unique pioneer in a new genre. I think it is now time to polish it, work out the existing bugs, figure out how to get as many players able to play together in MP and release it.

As a development company, seems to me, you guys feel safe to consider Space Engineers a feature rich game with tons of future modding potential for longevity and I agree. I'd like to see you guys look to Space Engineers 2, implement a more capable game engine that will allow for a massive multiplayer experience (hundreds of players on planet/off planet/deep space/etc) and really push the envelope on physics based engineering concepts and gadgetry! Who knows what the future holds and we'll all be here to support you, even if you release another exploding dog that pisses everyone off. :)

Good job Keen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Absolutely fantastic informative update and video - i have no complaints about any of this and the upcoming projects highlighted in the roadmap for SE and ME

as always, and like many of us, will be overjoyed to see our Multiplayer woes fixed for once and for all, in their due time (hopefully sooner)

5. Irish286 Apprentice Engineer

This is definitely a step in the right direction. Having a person tell us about the updates instead of the silent text based ones we had before is much more preferable. This also gives the impression of them actually caring a bit more. Hopefully they treat this as a progress update forum as well. It would be nice to have a weekly report on the progress or problems they have encountered. Hell, it may even help you guys solve the problem. Letting people know what an issue is could net you a bunch of useful suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

Just a note, the gas giants are not provided ? For if one tries to make a gas giant planet with the current script, it is not yet possible (I speak as the diameter set is the rocky core and has a very thick atmosphere and its clouds several high altitude).

7. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

"In-game server admin tools (with GUI) – take the best from Midspace’s SE Toolbox and Tyrsis’ Server Extender; assume players want to become space masters"

They heard me!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Loldielol Trainee Engineer

s-weeeeeeeeeeeet, keep 'em coming.

9. R9000 Trainee Engineer

Fixes! Yes. Hallelujah!

10. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Yeah I really like that one. Because when they face the same stuff that us server admins face everyday, things will get fixed faster .D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I think the format would work better if they hired a PR person. Someone young, energetic, and eager to talk to a camera. Xocliw seems cool, but he doesn't seem comfy talking to a camera. Every bit of footage shows Keen employees as being somewhat awkward in front of camera. That's fine, they only have to be good behind a computer.
    The company needs a speaker for their presentations, preferably someone female and probably with performance experience like theater.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  12. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

m8 it was a throwback to my post last week in last weeks patch notes. It's just banter.
    You may want to re-read what that image said.

13. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

I like the video format.... Now... how about a beautiful young hostess.... I am not partial to beards! LOL. Thanks for the updates and communication with the player base. Love it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

I prefer to see someone who knows what is he talking about.I don't think we need a hired actress for that...

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Wizlawz Master Engineer

i didn't see compound blocks(?) for the SE Road map....shame....hopefully this will change and be added.....

"Official persistent servers"...... what does that mean?, will they be world wide?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

Not every life form requires oxygen to breathe (or the capability to breathe). Its entirely possible that an organism could evolve to live off solar radiation, filter hydrogen and other elements from gas giants and nebulae etc. I'm using 'Space Whale' simply to describe a large organism that would function much like a whale, but in Space. Also Space Whale just sounds cool Ok. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. jazzman Trainee Engineer

That interiour picture has me both drooling and confused. Is this art assets we will see someday? Or just tech demo? I see there is a SE container in the back but literally all the rest of the assets are new/unseen, at least by me.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. shadowhunter501st Trainee Engineer

I just read the blog, and and did like most points of the plans.
    However there is one I don't get at all:
    Nvidia GameWorks – consider HBAO + Antialiasing (speed up)
    Are you serious? After that technology screwed up so many games? Besides the closed source prevents AMD from optimizing their drivers.
    Why not use GPUopen? With that Nvidia can optimize their drivers as well. You should know how much everybody benefits from open source, don't you?
    Also I hoped you would support Vulkan some day to improve performance and accessibility. (Since I switched to Linux I'm unable to play SE anymore...)

So I hope you read this and consider my suggestion......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. rottielover Apprentice Engineer

* Applause *

You've listened!!! OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

20. Rizzitoni Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for another great update. As I mentioned on the "exploding cyber dog" update, keeping the players informed as to the roadmap and plans goes a long way in winding us down from our soapbox episodes. The new format is very good and welcome. While community spotlight is a great way to highlight some of the player creations, you might want to intersperse some modding highlights as well in the future. Both have their merit.

It is great to see so many issues being addressed. I hope we will retain some of our functional blocks (pistons and rotors) and that the future bugfixes addresses some of the multiplayer issues we've been suffering from over the months.

Thanks again!

21. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

No mention of THE new netcode supposedly being worked on in the roadmap....

What's the story there?

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

I'm guessing that Boss Marek put on his ass-kicking boots this week. The new update format should help quell talk about SE becoming abandonware.

Feedback - Close the presentation by telling us one Big Thing you're excited about that is almost ready.

Please move this up the queue. Automated tests are an excellent way to encourage programmers to test often. More frequent tests will detect bugs sooner so they can be fixed faster so programmers can continue working on features.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Obsidiancakes Trainee Engineer

Actually, I've managed to take sabiroids into space, and they survived (though, they don't seem to like it)

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. striker_lord Apprentice Engineer

I like the new format! also gives some more feeling as to WHO KSH is.
    Personal tip, you look a lot at your cheat note, takes practice, but try and work on it, gives you a bit more of a natural feel instead of "reading out" the news.

also, the updates and bug fixes are very focussed on the Game experience, i noticed you guys do WAY MORE under the hood of the game. Keep us update (even if just a little) on the parts that have to do with overall performance, Server behaviour and the likes for us techies that are hosting the game.
    That would help us to keep a better eye on the changes in server behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Peavy Trainee Engineer

ME roadmap
    Add planets to ME - this will unify the technology in our games and make future improvements easier

Planets in ME? Can someone explain this.

I hope that is the future of Space Engineers, if they overhaul it to look that great I'll play a lot more. The game currently lacks luster unless you load your world with a ton of mods, even then it's meh

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

since a lot of the game is based on mp components,does that mean they're converting the game to an mmo, reducing the dependance on mp, or just simply setting up house-supported servers?

27. Savino Apprentice Engineer

Yep, instead of limited maps, you generate planets (or planet for that playtime).

I do agree.... Planets looks awesome, but are ruined by the current blocks design(Vanilla)!

Now, in another completly diferent topic:

I WANT TO BUILD A SPACE TAVERN TOO!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

In another note I must add: What fantastic material you got in your hands, keen!! I simply loooove the reflections!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Station in voxel pasting? YES!

I like the new format as well! A good idea would be some bullet points of what's being discussed though, other than that it's great. :)

29. Bahroth Apprentice Engineer

Minecraft, is probably the closest representation of the idea.
    Probably tailoring it as they go.

• Like Like x 1
  30. tharkus Junior Engineer

very nice update!
    ive read the roadmap and i love it, but i didnt found character customization, between the features coming, i hope you add it, at least a basic one in both games.
    :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.