Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.118 - Planetary Tutorials, Improved lighting effects, Bug-fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. hi5kba Trainee Engineer

I think it's good being able to see who speaking. A faceless voice in my opinion while better than no sound isn't as personal. that and if your good enough you can pick up things from a persons expression. e.g whether the devs are happy with the new fixes they implemented and that its more re-assuring that they now what bug / fix works.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

Yes, i think that the video should be Xocliw presenting the features, then we have a small video bit that shows it in game like in the old vids, then the next feature/fix we see him again talking about it, and we see the video in full screen etc, so maybe a bit more cut and edit, then just Xocliw talking with a cropped video, the video how it is now could pass for a "summary of whats next", then we can see a more in depth video with Xocliw narrating whats going on.

I think it would be more balanced and helpfull, because in this vid i cannot really see how the new Ligthning fix works from that small bit.

The old vids while been more unpersonal and cold, where in fact much more informative with the comparaison of the old Vs new feature( in case the update was about a feature that was fixed/changed and also that little bit of "RP" montage.

think next time it will be better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Tommyk Apprentice Engineer

Very nice patch/fixes and I like the new vid format very much!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. K1ll3rM Trainee Engineer

I really like where this company is going now! Can't wait to see what's coming next week :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Please stop wasting times in no senses like tutorials and use this time to fix bugs or add all the workshop awesome ideas like official (to get official updates) and more content

• Disagree Disagree x 21
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. enriuy Trainee Engineer

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Not seeing the fix for the crash when connecting to ships/stations with landing gear attached. Hopefully it made it in but just isn't listed otherwise it'll be another week of no playing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

You need to realize by now that portions of that new netcode is being implemented slowly. It's not like they'll gonna change the whole thing in one go. They're just implementing fixes and improving synchronization. And hopefully, soon, they'll include localized data stream since right now, we're getting the whole movement information and every little bit of change in all of the map. Maybe they've already changed that, who knows...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. hi5kba Trainee Engineer

I can kinda agree with you there.....
    the old vids were more informative.... to a point.. yes you could see whatever the footage it was about. but the music and having to read the subtitles takes away from that as by the time you read it, its moved on.
    the montages however I feel didn't make a good opening.. that and they took up most of the update content of the vids.. however if we were to get say 3 to 5 minutes of what's been changed and then whatever montage after that as an outro would be better.
    id say its more of finding a balance between the two

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Nemesismax Trainee Engineer

Here's what I can suggest:

1. Introduction: Where Xocliw appears after a short "Space Engineers" logo etc. etc.
    2. Update Information: This is where Xocliw starts explaining the updates (voice only) while that small screen covers the whole window.
    3. Extra stuff: Window shrinks down to that small screen, Xocliw appears again, continues to talk, finishing up, saying sayanora, the end...
    how's that sound?

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. boumans.m.j Trainee Engineer

Hey,
    First of all I love space engineers and I am glad that lag when loading a world with planets is gone.
    But I don't know if this is fixed yet or not but since the update before this one I had trouble when I connected two connectors. It caused the game to crash.
    Maybe it is gone but I just wanted to let you guys know.

12. noname42 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 20
  13. maliqua Apprentice Engineer

What if the patch videos were similar to the live streams? sitting at desk with game graphics appearing behind. Should please everybody, more room for game video and still a talking head to make people feel warm and fuzzy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. shimurai Trainee Engineer

yea that was one of my thoughts :( i got super excited cuz i though "WHEN DID THEY ADD WEATHER TO PLANETS?!? THATS AWESOME!" though to be fair even basic weather effects do a lot to helping me dive into games :3

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Sinces Trainee Engineer

WTF Keen whats up with ur guys. i bought the game at release. we could not play in mp. how long must we wait for netcode patch????????? 10 years???
    Sorry but now i deinstall the **** game!
    potential of the game 20/10
    at moment 1/10 only bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs.
    i'm out

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Krougal Senior Engineer

Don't see the need for any of it. If you're watching an update video, you generally know what and why.
    Honestly as long as the changelogs are detailed I don't care.
    My time is valuable to me. I have plenty of time to read when I am otherwise busy. Time when I can watch videos? That is cutting into my gaming time.
    So if I need to watch a video to get information, I want just that information, not a warm and fuzzy.
    If I want to see people blathering on and on about nothing I will watch the news (or youtube)
    "Just the facts maam. Just the facts."

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

It's fine to have him on the video - but the proportions should be reversed.

If you care more about seeing the person talking then the changes in the game itself then there's a problem here... that's all I'm saying. I hope he takes the feedback and makes changes. Honestly the video updates should be about the game first.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wizlawz Master Engineer

@ Marek:

get on a planet with nothing, i want to see how long you will survive and what you come up with to solve a better outcome, i mean if you are going to be playing the game then why not play it in ALL aspects of it,.... i bet you won't go into a game without a refinery and assembler.

good luck :tu:

========================================================

also that is a nice touch to an EVE Online addressing the players with a person in the videos....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DaveAllen10 Trainee Engineer

Oh dear. Is that our previous new tutorial mission?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. tharkus Junior Engineer

*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*
    Yay !!!

very nice update!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

@Xocliw looks like a force ghost.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Robertak Trainee Engineer

well, just tested those lights in game.. and they are simply beautiful! really nice work Keen :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. StyleBBQ Trainee Engineer

Glass is spot on & lighting is greatly improved for me, very, -very- nice!

And I'm running below spec for Planets w a 6850 1GB card, everything at lowest setting, and this update makes it look like I just spend $300 on a new vid card.

Only remaining lighting 'issue', and may certainly be my setup, is when I stand in sunlight coming through window, darker areas are _lighter_ than when I stand in shadow; which seems backwards. Standing in direct sunlight, pupils constrict, making dark areas darker, standing in shadow pupils dilate making dark areas brighter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Stylou Trainee Engineer

I really sorry, but i don't have the update for my server

25. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

I haven't noticed any improvement in lighting...

This has been my biggest pet-peeve since DX11 was added. Please, PLEASE KEEN! FIX THIS!

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. legenkiller16 Trainee Engineer

Too many butt lickers here. Downvoting every post that does not say "this update rocks or cool update" and point out the game isnt optimised or says anything bad and true about this game.

The game is not optimized, it runs like crap nad they are still introducing more useless features instead og making the game playable

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  27. rottielover Apprentice Engineer

I agree with the format feedback. When you showcase a new feature / fix and want to put game footage "hey look at the new lights", then maybe you say something like "this week we fixed lights, have a look!" go full screen and show off a few scenes, then cut back, fade, transition back to Joel/speaker. Adds a few seconds of video, people get to see what you're talking about, and makes for eye candy.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Renic Trainee Engineer

~sigh~ again, they failed to correct the conveyor crash issue, I have posted this in the bug reports, and have at least one other person tell me they have the same error, had this issue for three weeks now, I can't play with this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. defousic Trainee Engineer

Do prdele spustím hru a nic nevidím at se snažím o xoxliv (cokoliv) Tma jako u Mařenky a Jeníčka v lese.
    Opravte to prosím. Už z těch aktualizací mám normálně strach. Každý čtvrtek přestávám hrát a čekám na horkou opravu až do pondělka nebo úterý. Hraju už skoro 2 roky nikdy jsem si nestěžoval, ale teď už se mě to moc a moc nelíbí. Děláte řadu dobrých věcí. Od přidání pirátů a na planety pavouci a psi je hratelnost z důvodů zvýšení hardwarové náročnosti naprosto v (nevyjmenovatelná slova po P......) Tak Vám tedy děkuji že už si zase několik dní nezahraju!!!!!! Jdu hrát Factorio????
    Dědek defousic.

30. Galenmacil Trainee Engineer

Weather... humm... Yes. So, what is the verdict so far for 1.118? Any major regression?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.