Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.118 - Planetary Tutorials, Improved lighting effects, Bug-fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mexpex Apprentice Engineer

Finally, my drills works as intended! :D

2. Hunzibunzi Trainee Engineer

Nice update, only thing is SE now crashes everytime I load/start a game...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Sweet. More fixes and optimizes please. :)

Hold the phone! There is a gyro sound??

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

Make sure that you don't have any custom skins installed. The O2 change will cause crashes on load.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. maliqua Apprentice Engineer

What did they add this time it looks like it was bug fixes and some tweaks, which seems to be exactly what you wanted no?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Hunzibunzi Trainee Engineer

Not using any custom skins or mods

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stylou Trainee Engineer

I used SESM for my server and i don't have the update. I can see that there is an new update but i can't install, somebody have a solution ? thx

[​IMG]

8. achedb0b 2 Trainee Engineer

Same here, It did this last time, No idea what fixed it but the only thing I can assume is that a reboot did it. Gonna test that now.
    plus I have an insane amount of mods, which may be the problem.

9. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

More resilient everything....feel like all vehicles are made out of cardboard boxes, getting deformed and breaking with the smallest collisions...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

That exclamation point abuse makes me highly interested in the content of this post. If only i could read it....

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    gyroscopes had sound? That's a pleasant surprise.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ukpython Trainee Engineer

these fixes are all well and good but what about the fixes that need to be addressed like the game bloody crashing while loading a world.....every....damn.....time, this has been happening for a few months and with every bug fix i try to play again and get the same issue, even after you released a bugfix for dedicated server crashes this has had no positive effect for me......GET THIS FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Thank you for fixing the spotlight glow.... it was driving me nuts...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Deathraye Trainee Engineer

Awesome Job!!!! I am loving the Fixes and improvements over new features here of late... Its really doing the game justice and making it better to play.

I would like to see improvements in the admin features and Dedicated Server... Server Admins really need a bit more support in and out of game.

DeathRaye

PS, One good example is the Permanent Death Feature. No matter how many times I turn it off and save, when I reload the game, it is turned back on... Would love to get that fixed. Maybe getting the cargo ships back online as an option...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Deathraye Trainee Engineer

Have you thought that it may not be a bug and just an corruption or error in the game you are trying to load?? I had that problem a couple of times and it ended up being a problem with the game files.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Hopefully, they've fixed the client and/or server crashing when you dock a small ship to a station. That was very annoying.

Hopefully, they've reversed their decision to nerf/throttle ship speeds do to server sim speeds dipping.

Oh... and can always hope that they fixed the "permanent death" option always getting checked when starting or restarting a server. It's annoyingly costly if you're not double-checking every single time you start a server up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Thanks KSH.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Ethan .S. Trainee Engineer

good bug fixes, but we need more like additions, such as like the jump drive and planets, AWESOME
    don't get me wrong, really good bug fixes (tho i didn't have any bugs) and nice improved lighting, but maybe like add more weapon systems for ships, add an official energy shield for ships with cosmetic effects when hit? some things for decoration? (i.e bed, work desk, etc.) and maybe like holographic displays that show speed and things, or even better, what about a holographic map?

thx for consideration keen, u guys are the best :D

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

Ironic, this update was mostly optimisations and bug fixes.
    Besides, they are going to continue adding features until its labelled as beta (aka, the time when they polish stuff, which is not now).

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

For your convenience, I posted a Star System world where the blue brick is replaced by a dinky small ship > http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/world-star-system-alt01-hard.7378634/
    It's meant to be hard, but not brutal. It took me 3 tries before I got a base with a powered medbay + assembler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Problem Trainee Engineer

IMyInventoryOwner,IMyInventory interface no longer reachable since update in visual studio!!!!!!!!!!! Please fix that or if you changed that please notify the script changes

22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

So Interior Lights are still shining with the power of a broken Sentry but i noticed a slight increase in performance. A rough guesstimation is about 5 to 8 UPS and about 8 to 10 points for Sim Speed; the Tapping is now scraping juuuust under 60 UPS and 1.0 Sim Speed. SO close. However, we seem to have lost a few FPS. Fair trade, i guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Harrekin Master Engineer

Did you check the documentation?

Plus, the scripting will change repeatedly throughout development as it has already, just wait for the info to filter down.

24. hi5kba Trainee Engineer

That's roughly what I was thinking... With the addition of short RP at the end

25. Dampiir™ Trainee Engineer

DS seems broken, server says it updated but its not the same version as the clients!!! KEEEEEEN ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

The gyros have sound to begin with?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. hi5kba Trainee Engineer

I don't if any one else noticed. But pirate turrets for some reason act as if still powered when disconnected from bases. I know sage has this problem too??

28. hi5kba Trainee Engineer

If you got Windows.
    Go to power management and set to highest settings. It,s under "system"
    It may be in your system tray too

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  29. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Technically it hasn't been 'released' yet, only in early access.

Did you post your world in the bug report forum? Cause the game doesn't crash for me, like ever. So post your world so the devs can repro it. Also submit crash reports if you haven't already been (still post a topic though).

Those interfaces were already marked obsolete months ago (showing a warning in VS), so removing them was already expected. You'll need to move to the new format. I know because I used them and had to change.
    Look up MyEntity.GetInventoryBase().

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. BentMetal Trainee Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.