Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.121 - Bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. » Bilky Trainee Engineer

Wow, you came up with all that from a leather glove. The fact that it is not a rule set in stone and I myself have an ever so slightly longer index is enough to tell me that your 'issue' was barely worth the time spent writing about it. You really gonna go running around insulting people simply because they're not aware of some abstract piece of information regarding a profession they've clearly had no experience with? What an ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BentMetal Trainee Engineer

We will have to agree to disagree here. I put the blame on the people making money off their product, not the end users.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nayos Trainee Engineer

I don't put the blame on end users, but on impatient users and on Keen to follow this impatient, that's it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Yeah... more new bugs... yeah.... anything important get fixed yet?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Adrian175 Trainee Engineer

I bet the teaser is something not quite so cool (e.g. a dx11 charachter model) But, if it is either atmospheric charachter model, armoured astronaut or new charachter cusomization it would be ausome!

6. sniper23 Trainee Engineer

Still have grinding lag problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Buckle Bill Trainee Engineer

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lord Wraith Apprentice Engineer

One of the bugs that i forgot to mention is the resetting of tool bar which as has been stated above, it resets to empty each time you reload into MP, this is one bug i would like to see fixed ASAP, mainly due to the fact that it is a pain in the rear end to have to do this each time i log on to play, but i do understand that may not be a high priority for the devs right now, however, i would state that this is a simple fix to make for MP which can be done, and would improve game play over some of the more cosmetic bug fixes that are with this week's release, i have to wonder though, if like me, people even bothered to report it, i know i did not, so maybe some of the fault is mine, if we don't report the bugs that annoy us (NOT JUST THE ONES THAT CRASH THE GAME) then there is every chance we could see a list of bug fixes that would actually mean something to us all...

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Galenmacil Trainee Engineer

The bigger the world, i.e, the more planets/moons and the longer you have been playing it, the worst it gets in regard to memory usage. I too have 32GB or RAM and, given enough time, SE will allocated all of it and crash the system in the process (I play under Windows 10, 64 bit)... In my opinion, there is a memory leak problem somewhere... No, I am not going to upgrade to 128 GB of RAM just to play SE thank you very much!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BentMetal Trainee Engineer

The game has had plenty of memory leaks before so it's possible, however as I mentioned these crashes happen with plenty of RAM available. Most admins also have restart times to combat memory & SIM issues. I have seen the server crash minutes after a server restart. I do not think the problem has anything to do with not meeting some kind of minimum RAM requirement as the OP said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Grapefruit8706 Trainee Engineer

Sometimes I don't understand what people want. When new features are added everyone complains that they aren't focusing on bug fixes. Then when they do release a bug fix everyone complains it doesn't have enough changes or only fixes bugs no one cares about. The solar panel battery bug has been an issue for a long time and complained about often, but now that it's fixed people complain that none of the fixes are useful. They aren't making the game for one person, they are making it for everyone. You can be critical but think about what you are saying. For some people this fix may have repaired the bugs preventing them from playing. Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with some small, insignificant fixes thrown in. It all just contributes to a smoother, more enjoyable game.

Sorry, about the huge rant. I just find it frustrating when it seems like everyone wants the opposite of what they have. Personally I appreciate the large updates of fixes and they have made the game much more playable. If they stop releasing updates and the game breaking bugs are still there, complain all you want. Until then, report the bugs and give them time. I'm pretty sure they know what needs to be fixed and considering the battery bug they patched today, it seems they are listening.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. Tybot Trainee Engineer

*peeks head in*

Did they fix multi yet? No? ...kay, wake me up when they do.

*goes back to lurking*

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Tig Trainee Engineer

I just run an app called RAMRush in the system tray. If it sees memory becoming limited it "optimizes" and usually frees up some memory. You can also manually trigger an optimize. Take for instance Firefox leaking like a sieve when new windows are constantly used.

Seems to work good on Win7. And also on my old junky Vista notebook with 4 GB of RAM I use to stream stuff I watch via HDMI on the TV.

14. Robert Trainee Engineer

I am with cutlegg when are they going to fix the major issues. Like he mentioned exploding pistons and connectors how long has that been going on?

15. Maniac Trainee Engineer

Well, now, when I quit to the main menu, to reload the latest save, it often crashes during loading.

And before you start mentioning quickload, I stopped using it, when I realized that the game will still autosave while "downloading mods" after pressing quickload.

16. keeblster Trainee Engineer

that seems like more of a your end of things than anything else
    that's what I run and get 30-80 fps, it rarely crashes. usually when it dose crash it's cause my comp has started running something in the background. this is in sp btw, I've just avoided mp and ds because they are obviously not complete or ready for use.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Nice fix list, thanx Keen! :)

18. Chelsea Trainee Engineer

I have 16gb, and SE never used more than half to me.
    in fact, i can play for 14 hours in a row without mining, the game will always remain at 3.2gb usage very stable.
    But the moment i start mining, i will eventually freeze, from a few second, sometimes i can mine longer than 20 minutes, but at the end i always freeze.
    and guess what ?
    My memory usage is still around 3.2gb.

So no, nothing to do with my computer, I never had those with planet on the first iteration, they changed something at some point that caused this issue.

Nothing related to MP, DS, or whatsoever.
    You people need to stop making thing up, especially like that "you need 16+ gb of ram" bullshit.

Start a new scenario, earth easy for example, start mining, you will eventually freeze for those who get that.
    On a brand new MP world, with no build anywhere than the one given, no additional planet, no mods, nothing, and ram is under 2gb. no matter what option you set, low or high graphics, and no matter what you change in both client and world settings wont change the fact mining will freeze you.

This is a issue that is very specific to a combination of events related to some hardware as well.
    But if it was know, the dev would have said something about it. even themselves are clueless to why and how it happen, except the fact that it happen when a planet voxel is being changed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. KissSh0t Master Engineer

New Jetpack sound is good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. malteins Apprentice Engineer

I would hope the same, it most certainly will be that way. Also did you notice the rotating skybox???!!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. tharkus Junior Engineer

agree, also the way we equip /wear the suits and helmets should be managed in the inventory, i mean, you are wearing suit "A" and have in your inventory item suit "B" then there should be slots in the inventory window
    for suit , helmet (and maybe jetpack ) to drag and equip/unequip. that system could be cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. SunGod Trainee Engineer

Bzzzzt, inaccurate. I have 32 GB of memory on an i7 with an NVidia GTX780 and the crash happens ALL THE TIME in single player. I can't go for more than a couple minutes mining with a hand drill without the game locking up and having to kill it with task manager. Reproducing this problem is a no-brainer, so I'm pretty shocked that the developers haven't figured it out by now.

This is my #1 irritant with SE right now. Well, that an vehicle wheels basically suck (I don't need 6 different wheel tuning settings, I just want the damned things to grip immediately and work - why on earth would I ever want a vehicle wheel to slide and not grip?)

23. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

V.A.T.S. confirmed!

24. blooddestroyers Trainee Engineer

Hey KSWH, I have been noticing that if I build something in creative with wheels, my turrets, whether they are vanilla or not, will try and shoot the turrets. My best guess is because they are naturally, in creative, set as neutral targets, and I sadly cannot set the Wheels (Not Wheel Suspensions) to my own. IF you guys could find a way to fix that it would be great. I would set the turrets to not be able to target neutral objects, but that means that anything not directly set to an enemy would not be targeted. And that would kinda suck. I could be derping really hard right now, but I just tested it and that is what happens. My proposal: Set the default setting to newly created objects in creative to ally/yours status.

Hope this is fixed soon and I am not screwing up!
    -blooddestroyers

25. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

after the last patch while in the main menu my screen goes off and flicks a frame for less than a second the repeats haven't been able to get in game to see any idea if there is a fix for this.(in a particularly addled tone) I still need this game to reach 2nd most played game on steam.(end of addled analogue)

26. Vigo the Dudepathian Trainee Engineer

Or no? The chest IS the best part. As long as they get space bewbs right I am keeew with that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. Damadark Trainee Engineer

Another good bug fix though I am hoping for Rotor and Piston bug fixes myself. A feedback for those gloves which look wonderful i High Definition is missing 1 thing I saw. It's a leather looking glove but has no grip finger points. Look up Astronaut gloves and you will see they all have finger tip rubber gripping surfaces to even some that are all finger and palm designed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

They forgot to include the zip with dedicated server stuff...again .D

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. ghosttr Trainee Engineer

• Inappropriate Language
    That teaser better be a pic of the arm you fuckers lost writing the new netcode.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

I lol'd but do artists write network code? Sounds something like a roofer doing plumbing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.