Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.122 - Hit Confirmation, Bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

Also that new character looks boring. Pouches on the lower half of the body are still wip, right? because they looked just like the ones we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

Assemblers still don't function on batteries unless set to discharge. Jet packs still don't allow you to "Ascend" and instead rocket you to the ground.
    Speed is tied to Server sim and since almost every sever has to go to the extreme to keep the sim up, most who have a lower sim have crippling flight speeds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. pillobre Trainee Engineer

Did they fix the bug of ships randomly falling to destruction while flying on planets?

4. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

this was already fixed on a previous update....

that asides, when i heard about the MP changes to save bandwidth, i really got excited to think MP will be viable pretty soon, whereas theres a lot of glaring issues with it, im sure they'll all get fixed in due time, and ill dedicate a good deal of time towards MP gameplay (as i originally intended) than any other game, for the sake of destroying an enemy faction with lots of drones + frigates, ships, and carriers, in a true epic space battle, thats what i yearn to do in this game.. and when that happens, i know itl be a good time spent with nearly 2,500 hours in there, designing, preparing, adjusting.

kudos!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Laeconian Trainee Engineer

Happy to see the fixes going in! It's going to make the game playable (by my definition) over the net soon at this rate!

6. Riph Trainee Engineer

This is not fixed. On my other monitor right now I have space engineers running with my test base. It is a small reactor, a refinery, and solar panels. If the small reactor is turned on, then the solar panels output is zero.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

1.) For FUCK sake stop fucking with glass unless you change it back to be clear from both sides. It's a WINDOW it's two only purposes in life are to be seen through and hold atmosphere in. (By all means keep the ugly and darksided ones as options, but, cheesus. You'd think glass design would be easy now that they got it to work...)
    I mean look at this shit:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry for using harsh words but LOOK AT THIS. That's supposed to be a freshly placed window and it looks like a ten year old scratched-up CD.
    2.) Manual Lock for Rotors and Pistons i approve of. Will make it easier to weaponize them.
    3.) Having high hopes for the fixed Memory Leak actually being fixed! Fingers crossed. (edit: looks good so far!)

• Agree Agree x 29
    • Funny Funny x 5
  8. drkrieger Apprentice Engineer

Piston locking? Like... pistons/rotors working like landing gear? This would be sweet. Must test.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Venom415 Trainee Engineer

The scratched glass is nice but i think it needs to be a little less, or maybe an over time effect that more scratches accumulate

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. chrisb2e9 Trainee Engineer

I can't agree more. Make it clear.

Anyone know if there is a mod for glass out there that I can use instead?

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. GT500 Trainee Engineer

For the windows I would be ok if they started to look scratched and cracked if they were taking some damage... but a new window should look like a new window.

• Agree Agree x 18
  12. Krypt Junior Engineer

Can somebody check, "Linearly Moving" option in Space Master is turned off by default?

13. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Looking good but I personally don't like the new glass effect. I think it was fine the way it was.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

hey.. yes i dont like the new glass, too... those scratches are to visible... (reminds me of MS Paint :D) Sry^^
    As a suggestion, make the glass thicker :) Or add some interior glas blocks with clear view from both sides.
    And one more question why is the jetpack sound changed back? Do we have stormy weather in space ? this wind sounds make me crazy :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Thorn Trainee Engineer

Patch seems to have broken Landing Gear? New small ships just fall over on planets now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

"added control over rotor and piston locking"

How is this done?

17. Rizzitoni Apprentice Engineer

Thank you for the bug fixes and the manual locking for rotors and pistons!

The glass scratches should be a damage texture effect if the window is damaged. Not the effect on a brand new window. Please focus the art team on things that ARE broken... like missing textures when mixing double angle blocks (45° with 27°) blocks. This is still reported in the bug section but not fixed as of the last build.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Seriously, if this is leading to bloody dog pets I am calling this Minecraft in space with the ultimate texture pack :woot:

Good work on the fixes as usual guys, it all leads to good things :)

19. noname42 Trainee Engineer

I think you have overdone it a bit with the dirt and scratches...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wizlawz Master Engineer

when i saw the first teaser i thought NPC AI besides the spiders and dogs, this time i see a full space suit on a planet....full space suit on a planet...
    make it an "alien" space suit and i will believe it.....nah we has spiders and dogs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

even better!

• Funny Funny x 4
  21. simplicity Trainee Engineer

At least give us a choice....
    1) Glass block with no scratches
    2) Glass block with scratches..

Sorry, but looking at the picture above it seems to me glass has taken a BIG step backwards, it looks horrible..

• Agree Agree x 8
  22. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

There's an option slider in Pistons to determine what speed they will lock called "weld speed" and there's a force weld option

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. JOHNBELLOw Trainee Engineer

While some people are focused on the glass i'd like to know if anything has been done to fix the weird freezes that would lead to dropping with a spaceship like a sack of stones? This is a serious and gamebreaking issue.. Not seeing anything in the patchnotes about this issue makes me pretty sad, unless it got fixed with some other issue and simply isn't noted..?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

It is 2077 and our engineers still haven't discovered the magic of Windex...

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Istead of the glass scratches, could the windows simply display a reflection as the player nears them? This way they dont look horrible and players will be able to see the glass. I'm thinking the soft reflection only starts to show for glass within 20 meters of the player.

• Agree Agree x 5
  26. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

The cuts look like blood veins.

In case we're talking about the same issue: this has been vastly improved. It's still happening every now and then but it's by no means as bad as before anymore. (Same for the Memory Leak btw. It's still happening but soooooo much better than before.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  27. anders w Apprentice Engineer

cant find it for rotors though.

also it would be nice to have an option in the cockpit to overide it.. simply on/off. for the entire grid. :)

28. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

I've been playing with it and seemingly it still has issues. Sometimes when i force weld, the ship will turn off all thrusters for no reason. If i undo the force weld, sometimes it ends in catastrophic explosions around the ship. Pistons still push your ship towards the earth if in natural gravity =/ seems like all my hopes were crushed.

29. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

The fact that they specifically mentioned "NPC characters" but in reality the universe is still just sabiroids and one single human in an entire star system... that's just cruel

EDIT: Oh, and dogs... those dogs, I still can't get over them. It still seems like something Jeremy Clarkson would have done if SE was a Top Gear challenge...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  30. Synyster Gates 2 Trainee Engineer

What the actual f***? I and many other people have a problem placing the multi conveyor block. Whenever trying to place it it crashes your game! Game is unplayable if you can't use the conveyor system. PLEASE INCLUDE IT ON THE NEXT UPDATE!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.