Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.122 - Hit Confirmation, Bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BLACK GHOST 147 Trainee Engineer

FIX JET PACK BUG PROBLEM ! ! ! can't fly around worth a damn on planets or moons with out bleeding off speed or hitting the ground bu trying to go up or forward.

• Late Late x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Grennie Trainee Engineer

Maybe a good update, but still not able to launch the game it chrashes in the main menu since the last update. anyone else have the same issues?

EDIT:

Fixed it by my self deleted SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos dir and now it works for me again.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  3. cle Trainee Engineer

there are NO bugs in the game, thats all FEATURES ;) LOOOOOOOL

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Late x 1
  4. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Inertial Dampeners off?

I use my jetpack excessively on my planet while building a highrise... and I am not seeing any problems with the jetpack (other than, no auto-level ability)... so I'm really curious exactly what the jetpack bug is that people keep talking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

they need to let you select multiple ratings,then I'd choose funny and agree lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

No fixes for ship crashing on planets (very important)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

go to the DS, where sim speed<0.7, try to fly up by pressing SPACEBAR))) you will go down))))

• Late Late x 1
  8. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Seconding Commander Rotal's sentiments on the new glass; I have a suggestion that I hope will garner some interest at KSH.

Add a texture/overlay option to the color picker in the form of a dropdown list ("Texture #1 | Texture #2 | etc..."). Let us change a block's texture in the same way that we change its color. Then you can d*ck around with window textures as much as you want without p*ssing off everyone. Note: this doesn't mean that every block needs more textures; trying to apply "texture 2" to a block that doesn't support it can simply result in no change.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Ravz Eerk Trainee Engineer

Thank you for the work on the network code this is a huge step forward, I know that was no simple task.

The glass... Wow guys, That is way to many scratch's. This would look good for a damage model say at 75% dmg it changes to this. However if I build a new ship I want it to look clean not like its a junker with recycled glass.

It would be kinda cool to give glass some damage states so first it starts off clear and new looking then if gets a little damage and it looks like the current build of it and if it drops below 50% it breaks and looks like shattered glass + loses its air tight seal.

The long and the short of it is please change the glass to look newer.

Thank you again for all your work!

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Memige Trainee Engineer

I must say, I'm loving the new video format. The full-screen with narration for the main update is awesome.

11. Maniac Trainee Engineer

Keen, why do you have such OCD over glass being dirty/scratched/frosty? Just leave it alone! Those brand new windows look more worn than the ones on the decade old ISS! I am seriously starting to dread the weekly updates. "Will keen try to make glass look terrible again? Will I have to hope for a mod to bring back glass I can actually see through?"

For those who seem to think that the current glass is too hard to see, go take a look at the borderless windows mod. With that, the glass looks bloody invisible. With the window borders/frames as they are now, I have no trouble telling that there is a window there! Also makes the windows look sturdy.

Looking at this piston welding thing, this explains why my pistons had a tendency to explode at top speed. They explode when this "weld" kicks in. Since it causes explosions, can we please have an option to turn the automatic weld completely OFF?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 6
  12. Beyogi Trainee Engineer

Yeah, not a fan of that either. I'd build a ship with a huge window front for my bridge and now it's all dirty and scratched and reflects the light weirdly and distorts the image.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Thanx Keen! :)
    (btw, for me, jet packs are working well at .3 Sim, Very Nice)

14. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

Jetpacks seems to be fixed...
    but
    No fix for grinding sim speed
    New bug with inventory! i will write bug report now

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. etde Trainee Engineer

Yeah, so now it's not possible to build the first thing on a planet because the landing gear just falls off. But, of course, why would anybody want to build anything in this game when you can shoot a cyber dog with hit confirmation instead.

I wonder have the devs ever heared of testing, dare I mention automated?

• Like Like x 1
  16. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Doushan "sorry if I spelt that wrong".... made me think of this..

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Fixed memory leaks in render: Good.

18. MrTango Trainee Engineer

what about the major bugs i run a server and have had compaints about dissapearing ships i was not sure about this
    untill i was flying along in my ship and it just vansihed poof gone !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Medieval Engineers
    Update 02.055 - Hit confirmation, bug fixes
    Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 9, 2016.

Space Engineers
    Update 01.122 - Hit Confirmation, Bug fixes
    Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Today at 18:35.

WOW thats a lot of work 1 week to implements same engine/source simple mechanic...
    awesome...

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Spavvy Apprentice Engineer

All the FPS show no audible cue for hitting is needed, other than a bullet making a noise if it hits anything.
    Color on the cross-hair lingers on far too long and is confusing.
    Glass shouldnt be more scratched and dirty, considering its SPACE Engineers and its not gonna get dirty and scratched in vacuum. Also that seems like a foothold to making everything covered in mud, just cause there are planets and dirt now.
    If you are gonna redo the Engineer model, why not make 1 or 2 more models for choice? Like something that looks more military and less polar explorer?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Yes, but ... why? Does anyone want that apart from Marek? :stare:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  22. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

So... can anyone reply to me if the Multiplayer is playable again on public server? So to speak, will I be able to have my ship move at a speed without Serversimspeed influencing it's speed? When I hear that player movment is back on the server side, does this mean that I will now always suffer from a "slow gameplay" when server simspeed drops? I remember there was a short period where even 0.1 simspeed did not stop me to have (for me) a fluid 1.0 movement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Blackness Trainee Engineer

When will the Autopilot in the Remote Control be fixed? (Reference: http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/autopilot-doesnt-want-to-fly.7370505/ )

I've been working on an Orbital Missile Station with guided missiles but the Autopilot just orients the missile then doesn't engage the forward thruster. Then you can't use the Thruster manual override, even with the autopilot switched off. You end up having to remove the Remote Control block completely to regain manual override control. I'm pretty good with coding C# but I'm not very familiar with Vector3D programming to code my own autopilot.

(Also, why is it that when you disconnect something from a merge block the object is pushed away. I don't understand this since no force was applied to the object that was disconnected. This almost blew up my station when the missile was disconnected and the missile almost flew into the adjacent missile)

Please address this issue. I'd like to get this thing up and running so I can test it soon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Master_Tinker Trainee Engineer

I would suggest the Type R Glass, Type 2 Glass, and Type 3 Glass done by ergthbeb.
    Between these three mods there is an immense amount of options and you can choose the right kind of window for the right environment.
    I hope this will help you and others who desire clear windows.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Marek keeps bumping into them when he plays.

• Funny Funny x 5
  26. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Space engineers now has hit markers, MLG space engineers confirmed

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  27. DaveC9000 Trainee Engineer

Programmers make some new blocks or something. The art guy's obviously getting bored over here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

does this locked rotor option mean mixed grid constructions will be more stable?

29. DMATH Trainee Engineer

Not too keen on the new windows textures, but hopefully this update will fix simspeed, great job keen!

• Like Like x 2
  30. newtonsolo313 Apprentice Engineer

build a platform first under it

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.