Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.122 - Hit Confirmation, Bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Echillion Senior Engineer

I'm Sorry but as a long standing member of this and the prior forum and having played for nearly 1800 hrs I'm going to have to say this on the forum:

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY STOP SCREWING WITH THE EFFING WINDOWS!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. harvester1978 Trainee Engineer

3. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

My windsheild looks like its been bombarded by space bugs :(

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tharkus Junior Engineer

ahahaha so funny .. but he is not dancing, he is cleaning the glass blocks for the next update :p

(out of jokes, i dont dislike the new glass ^^)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. -TK- Trainee Engineer

I think that this comment below is the right attitude to have, but we really shouldn't rag on or discount the people that post their thoughts on the current state of MP when it's more than just a "OMG FIX MULTIPLAYER WTF!" post. Obviously it shows a number of consumers are unsatisfied with the product and as a consumer, they have the right to vent their frustrations - and should. Some posters should probably look a little deeper before posting (both introspectively and through the forums) to realize that this is still considered alpha and that the devs are slowly working on building a better MP platform, but their angst should be understandable to anyone that has ever experienced something different than what was advertised/expected of a purchase. I'm still holding out a lot of hope for MP/DS and don't see a reason to bash Keen or it's product at this point. This is an amazing game and sharing this experience with other space engineers is my favorite part. I hope to do more of it in a stable and enjoyable MP environment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Echillion Senior Engineer

I don't even want to look at my designs as the spawn ships I've built and put on the workshop have all glass fronts for visibility probably look like craked eggshells right now if I saw that on my spaceships windscreen I'd be putting my helmet on and strapping myself in to guard against explosive decompression....

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Lol everyone is talking crap about the windows :words:
    But no, nevermind all the other fixes that were being worked on in just a week of time.
    Not to mention the large project-like features that are taking months behind the screens.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sumyunguy Trainee Engineer

But, it's still an issue. Settling for scratchy windows just because there's some bug fixes with it is a garbage way of thinking. The windows shouldn't have been an issue like this but they are and that, in turn, makes the issue worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. BentMetal Trainee Engineer

No one is saying fix it now. People are saying at least test it. This is not some new and fancy concept and it at least shows some compassion for your player base.

Then again...I am asking for testing when it seems we can't even get a change log updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

What if the window stuff would not have even been mentioned in the video at all, but merely somewhere between the other textual fixes beneath the video...
    ... would noticing the new windows in-game then also be a garbage way of thinking?

Never said i accepted the new windows as in the state they are in now.
    It's just a tryout anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Because its kind of hard to fly a spaceship in Space Engineers, when your cockpit/bridge glass is covered in space-diarrhea:

[​IMG]

Can you see through that? because I fudging can't.

There is a well-lit base outside of it if you're wondering....

• Agree Agree x 15
  12. sgt_jupiter Trainee Engineer

They should just let the evolution of the window texture run its course.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 15
  13. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

It's because windows are not game breaking but keen figured out how to make them game breaking.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Any chance we could get batteries where power cells don't turn into scrap when you grind them? My base kept growing so I needed to move my batteries to make room. It got bad enough that I decided to use space master to simply delete and paste new battery blocks to fix the problem without creating wast. I don't think I should have needed to do that. I only wanted to move batteries, not cheat for easy power.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. simplicity Trainee Engineer

Well I have found several mods for glass, and they all look better than the mess they done this week...
    I ended up settling for this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491331020 - which doubles as solar panels as well.. - Sure it is dark and not clear, but I like it :)

16. Krougal Senior Engineer

So I can't tell you what the hotfix contained, but I can tell you what it didn't
    a fix for the fucking windows.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 6
  17. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

Yeah... I logged in and the windows are still all cut up... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. [segfault]*Choco Taco Trainee Engineer

Any word on switching hotbars? Do we still have to use ctrl?

19. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Those interested in solar power windows should check http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490457592 as well.

20. SuperBaldMan ∞ Trainee Engineer

yay multiplayer improvements. I wonder if having all positioning server-side will fix the wobbles/vibrating/death-shakes :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. K Man Trainee Engineer

You can use < and > to switch bars... but looks like there is a little bug when you iniatially go from 1 to 9 with the < button

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. BentMetal Trainee Engineer

They did! Just add a projector to your ship and all the wobbles/vibrating/death-shakes will disappear...and so will the ship! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  23. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Speaking of fugly glass blocks, does Keen have a bad habit of breaking stuff intentionally? I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but we lost the ability to recycle battery blocks, jetpacks now use hydrogen instead of energy, I've heard that connectors used to work without power, now glass blocks look so dirty that I expect to find that someone has written "clean me" somewhere on my ship by moving their finger through the dirt. I try not be quick to accuse people of wrong doing but I've been here a while and there are only so many times that the devs can change how something is supposed to work (as opposed to fixing bugs) before I'm left wondering what the devs are thinking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  24. Tybot Trainee Engineer

Are they fixing multiplayer yet? *sigh* I guess I'll go back into hid--wait what? Seriously? Well hot dang!

25. orca89 Trainee Engineer

i can confirm this still happens... just lost my mining droid :(

26. Riph Trainee Engineer

Lock a small ship's landing gear to the battery, grind away the block under it, then fly the battery to its new location. Then lock it in with a merge block, then grind away the merge block. It's fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

I tried that once, but it didn't work. The problem may have been that I was trying to do that planet side. Also, isn't it is a rather clumsy way to move a single block don't you think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Personally I have enough First and Third Person Shooters on the market to last me until the end of time. I'd much prefer a game not focused so much on destructive activities, but instead creative ones; Uptill now Space Engineer's has largely delivered; although that's, like everything, subject to change.

29. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

when MP becomes smooth enough that you can see a rival faction's fleet and not cause the server to crash or jitter around helplessly while they pummel and clip through your ships and only get a glimpse of stuff exploding, that would be awesome. SE has a lot of potential but it's in a sticky spot right now,where it can be hard to believe it can be helped; the definition of the game for some people is probably set from experience but if the purity is to be believed then that would be an exciting change for the game,especially for the ones who join, try to play on any server and quit entirely when they realize it's not a good experience.

30. Ghazranka Trainee Engineer

With this latest update I am no longer able to build small ships as the landing gear does not lock to the platform. As of now I am forced to transport myself and my supplies via jetpack which really is not ideal and defeats the purpose of this game. I expect bug fix updates to fix bugs not create even more game breaking issues as there are already an uncountable number of them already in existence that have yet to be addressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.