Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.122 - Hit Confirmation, Bug fixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

Pis..... tons.......

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Leaping Tortoise Apprentice Engineer

Anyone else randomly dying when they exit a flight seat?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Is that back again? Did they re-enable the ragdoll limbs?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ~Sovreign~ Trainee Engineer

Still no Hotfix Patch notes. your so fracking unprofessional KSH

• Late Late x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

Or... you know, they could have left the damn windows alone... which would have given them time to work on even more updates.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr_w Trainee Engineer

alot of bug fixes that do nuffin, and a few verry good onces
    these guys got the right idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ShadX 2 Trainee Engineer

It will reset Crosshair to default, that's what it did with my custom

8. xxxspotxxx Trainee Engineer

Still impossible to play this game. Easy Start Earth, no flora, minimum graphic settings, 5 km view distance, resolution 1680x1050. Spec: i7-2600 (on P67 chipset, without support of integrated graphics), 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB, OS Windows 10 x64 (on SSD).

9. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

These past couple patches have caused things to behave strangely. If you sit still and stare at a wheeled vehicle, or anything with a single rotor or piston, the entire thing does this sort of super wobble thing. And I've had two times when bumping them flung them a dozen meters or so. Flung one of my trucks off my vehicle lift by tapping it trying to get back into it after triggering the lift to go up. Another case had my truck just sorta spin off into orbit at the slightest touch. However. This was one of my Desert Fox trucks, using the Tow Truck bed, which the bed if unsecured CAN do that. But not when attached to the truck.

Also have some bonus shenanigans that both are caused by the general instability of pistons and rotors, and the super wobble that's recently appeared. The entire time I was working on this it was like it was a giant mass of vibrators. (I can't think of a better way to say it right now so shhhh.)
    [​IMG]
    Note. That thing is wedged BETWEEN the floor, and the solar panel. It literally cant fit that way normally. The thing spazzed so hard it cleaved a chunk of the front off to let it squeeze in. I had to cut the thing in half to remove it.

10. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

You're using the exact same hardware as me, except I have 32GB of RAM instead of 8GB.

It's not going to run well. You have a graphics card that's over 5 years old and doesn't even have enough texture memory to load everything at high detail.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

Try the No Battery Scrap mod. It restores the old behavior of giving back power cells on grinding, but also doesn't give you the 30% charge when building a new one. So it's still balanced.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

what i would personally like is to be able to hack batteries without destroying cells, like spread computers and cells apart or smth

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. xxxspotxxx Trainee Engineer

First of all, let's look at system requirements, my system is satisfy. Secondly, my 5y-old videocard succesfully run new AAA games with normal FPS (such as Fallout 4, Arma 3, BF4, Star Wars: Battlefornt). Also in debug-info on screenshot you can see "Available GPU memory: 2037.67 Mb" — it's not utilizing at all, and with RAM same history!

14. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

debug info shows available memory as your max but GPUz clearly indicates that it is fully used.
    i also can run latest games on decent settings with my gt440
    but you forget one thing: space engineers is(are?) better than any AAA title by a margin, they won't give up that easily

| also this
    V

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Just thought I'd point out, the 'available GPU memory' is just a total, not how much is currently free. I have a GTX970 with 4GB of dedicated and even when it's at 100% use, the game still shows 4GB available.

16. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

Just because you satisfy the system requirements doesn't mean you're going to get 60 FPS. And none of the games you mentioned have their worlds made of voxels and grids made of individual parts. There is a huge difference in the computational power required.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Even if you have a top of the line graphics card, it doesn't mean that you're going to hit some flawless state anyways. There can always be bottle-necks between the CPU and the GPU. I can play medium settings or high and there's no change in frame rate or stuttering. I have a Titan Black, i7, and 32 gigabytes of ram. If the code isn't optimized to run efficiently, you're going to bottleneck anyways (once you are running a card and settings that are above the bottleneck).

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. phill895 Trainee Engineer

Steam will no longer let me play this offline so im forced to update! :(( After this weeks update The sim speed starts off at 1.00 and after around 30 mins its 0.45 so I cant play Space Engineers until this is fixed. Some optimisations would be appreciated thanks.

19. XCysC HeikoDePsy(Head) Trainee Engineer

hello all together. So i really like Space Enge. and play many times with m friends in Mp there are some problems you may should take a look on soon couse this is really anoying me and i m shure i m not alone with my (problems) So my Rig is: Amd Fx 8120 4 Ghz. 24 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz Gtx 960 4 Gb. So my Rig is pretty good enough for your game. The Rig of my Friend is the same. So i build a Amazing Ship with alot of Heavy Armor Blocks and Light Armor too. Alot of Engines and many gyros ect. its pretty big but not Huge. So my Problem is that the Gamesimulation Speed is without my Ship 1.00 So when i load it its down on 0.45-0.30. no comment. Next thing is the Mouse in the Game is pretty damn slow... I setet my Mouse Speed on Max and still feels like she pulls 1 Tonn of Mass and its very frustrating when you try to play and the Mouse keeps lagging. So The Game Still laggs after your x Tousend updates but its still amazing how many Gbs of RAM you Game needs to run on a System like my. But i always check out the update News and see that you have problems too escpacily when you shot rockets and Ships are crashing in each other... the Physic engine loads in the Background when its not needed and that is the problem of all this laggs or the most. So i can send you my Devl. Screenshot if you want that but i hope in the future you will take care of this. I m pretty impresed by the game self. But i think like damaged class in a Update dont care the Players.

20. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

My task manager frequently reports SE using 9+ gigs of ram. 8 gigs is last year's gaming machine and SE is next year's game. Get another 8 gigs and see the difference. It won't be great, but it'll definitely be better. Sometimes indie games means easy to run on any machine, SE is not one of those cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. simplicity Trainee Engineer

Thanks for that, will take a look :)
    Hmmm maybe we shouldn't talk about solar panels as we may run the risk of suddenly finding them all scratched (or god forbid) HOLES in them...

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. asialsky Trainee Engineer

I keep seeing people with similar (read: identical) specs to mine, but with a worse gfx card / better cpu.

I can say, without a doubt, the bottleneck is split between RAM and GFX.

Specs:
    Intel g2030 (i3 dual core, 3.0Ghz)
    Sapphire RadeonHD 7790 1GB
    8GB RAM
    Outdated 40GB HDD.

30fps on medium settings on planets (low trees), 55fps in space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mr_w Trainee Engineer

Nother ninja patch? with no info?
    what the h. is going on keen?
    i thought you where going to be more forthcomming with this kinda stuffs?
    However it doesnt suprise me, i pritty much lost faith since planets.

gues i need tobe satisfied it whas fun for 1800h
    but this ninja BS with no info is putting me off, even pissing me off.
    i giveup, after 35 updates gameplay is still poor and im starting to be confinced the game is beyond saveing. least its never going to get out alpha fase this way.
    cmon we want decent netcode! no shaking crap or death by randomness
    il mention it for a final time, if we only had version channels steam provides and keen doesnt use.. frustration be alot lower.
    for the trolls outthere, go checkout 0.081 or older and tell me howmuch better thats playable compared to this recent junk. be4 you go comment with your 10h of play,
    there copies out there you can find with a lil bit of efford.

i meen nothing explodes. even using tracks on wheels worked etc. no shaking maddness. no death touch, decent netcode etc. dx9 might not be that pritty but what good is pritty if gameplay is poor.

Reason edit: some layout inprovements

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I think its not a question of hardware, but how the game is handling content loading. Right now its a steaming pile of mess.

I'm on a HD7850 1GB, the game fills up whatever of my 8GB ram is available. Yet, once its done loading, it drops back to 75% and the game is 100% playable on high texture settings, so long as trees are disabled.

Considering they're aiming for an Xbox One version too, with a similar GPU + VRAM capacity to the HD6970 and HD7850, they have to get their shit together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. newtonsolo313 Apprentice Engineer

That actually looks like a great desktop background

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

Can we get a switch for automatic acquisition of ores in DS? It will keep the object count down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

It'd be nice if ship drills didn't drop rocks too. Or at least an option to disable it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. TheTreeman Trainee Engineer

I've noticed that every time I load up my survival world, in which I have a base on the Earth-like planet, the trees seem to respawn and change position. More importantly, they like to spawn inches away from my base so that their branches extend through the wall, preventing me from expanding. Please fix both of these issues!

29. Echillion Senior Engineer

Yep or cycle through with the < or > keys

30. cpy Trainee Engineer

I still don't know if network optimizations are already in or planned.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.