Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.123 - Bug fixes and improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Senior Engineer

What did he say about solar panels? I didn't understand.

2. Art Department Trainee Engineer

- fixed "convert to ship" available to anyone

HELL YEAHH!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

I just checked, but this mod should still work. The change that was done is that you can no longer move items into your character inventory via the airvent's control panel. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 7
  4. Blargh2015 Trainee Engineer

Please someone tell me they fixed the "using projectors cause your ship to disappear" bug and just didn't mention it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Nice list of fixes. Have to say for the record though, I'm really not a fan of this 'highlighting' on doors. I can understand it on ores and floating objects, but it just looks stupid on things like doors. Please don't roll this out to every block we can interact with, it's horrible.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
  6. Memige Trainee Engineer

I don't know, I kinda like it, maybe an option to turn it on/off in settings?

• Agree Agree x 13
  7. inventor200 Apprentice Engineer

A public field is any variable, array, class, etc, that is marked as "public", and therefore can be accessed by other external scripts on programming blocks.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ulfsark Master Engineer

\o/

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. ziant Trainee Engineer

Someone knows how to choose ID. I'm not sure how to react to that. LoL.
    Btw, more fixes. YaY!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Kham Apprentice Engineer

If they gave us an option to turn it off, then yeah I'd be fine with that.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. craigp Trainee Engineer

Does that mean that all "protected" or "private" fields are now public, available to the mod/programmable block API? All of them?

'Cause it sounded more like they might have just stuffed EasyAPI into the code base somewhere.

EDIT: Malware's saying it was a big change, but nothing was surfaced except some minor fixes?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Xiga Trainee Engineer

I for one Love the new highlight on doors, though I wonder if a set of toggles in the settings menu for people with different tastes would be a best solution for everyone? a toggle for every class of object that can be highlighted so we can turn them on or off individually.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. frannic Apprentice Engineer

But the scratches on the glass......:(

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 5
  14. SunGod Trainee Engineer

Two big thumbs up for focusing on optimization and bug fixing. I'd be completely happy if you spent the next several weeks doing just that! Hopefully the loading times go way down, right now it takes several minutes just to load up my save... well, as of before this update, we'll see how it improves momentarily. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. w0lf3y Apprentice Engineer

Shouldn't it have been "May Klang have mercy on your grid" ?? Heck add Cluink and Thunk to the list, all three of them terrorize me!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. SunGod Trainee Engineer

Agree, I hate the scratches on the glass, makes it looks way too grungy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Rdav Apprentice Engineer

The difficulty of opening doors is always something that's bugged me, glad to see some updates for it!
    Performance fixes are more than welcome too, and great to see the programming block receiving some long deserved love, looking forward to more P-block features in the coming weeks,
    Overall a great update!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ian-C Trainee Engineer

No mention of fixing the server crashes caused by the memory leak when mining on planets. oh well looks like my clans server will be going off line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Krypt Junior Engineer

Not sure. It not fits well with blocks edges around it. Maybe yes, but with better integration.
    It was very useful is purpose to pressurise old ships, created before oxygen introduction.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. -TK- Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the updates, Keen! Really great. I'm really glad to see the improvements to refineries and oxygen. I've never had problems with opening doors before (at least nothing a sensor couldn't fix for high traffic), but I can see how some might. Please just don't go crazy with things highlighting in the future.

22. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

I still use it in all of my builds. The face containing the vent sits flush with surrounding blocks and blends in very nice. The gaps only appear on the back of the block, just like the standard conveyor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

I dunno man... I'd much prefer this edge highlight system over the giant block of yellow crap that sits over various things, particularly the text/lcd panels.

• Agree Agree x 8
  24. Logi Apprentice Engineer

Love those ongoing sound upgrades/improvements!

Still can't see anything trough windows though :(

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
  25. noname42 Trainee Engineer

"From now on using solar panels won't use up as much performance as before."

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  26. Maniac Trainee Engineer

I just hope this "air vent fix" didn't break my conveyor air vents. They are a central part of my conveyor systems in my ships. If they can't transfer items any more, I'll have to do a big redesign.... ugh

27. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

About door highlights
    I think that making doors highly selectable for using is really useful.
    The "problem" arises with the fact that there is something off with the consistency of highlighting a functional block as well as items.

Perhaps this will be done different in the future.
    Such as highlights options: On/Off and styles

28. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Thanks Keen :)

29. FFaruk Trainee Engineer

when will you add some npcs and some life to planets. game is getting boring as hell, there is nothing to do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Sutima Trainee Engineer

Woow, Every script i'm using is now broken -.-..
    Will have to wait a few days to play SE again when mod and script authors can fix what's broken, unless keen can tell me how to revert to an earlier version..

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.