Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.123 - Bug fixes and improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Krypt Junior Engineer

How it related to glass?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. CowCompressor Trainee Engineer

I would like to see a single solar panel charge a single battery...

3. Ghazranka Trainee Engineer

Yep this. I can't even get off Earth due to this crash. Mine for a couple minutes crash and set back 5 minutes. It really is unplayable in survival.

4. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

no relations. but when they need to fix critical bugs and release "sese by keen" as quick as possible, they place sh*t on glasses)

5. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

how many players do you have?

6. fartmans Trainee Engineer

It is undeniable that this game with would have absolutely no multiplayer community like it has now if it weren't for mods and other 3rd party code. The vanilla game is unplayable and anyone who has lost 12 or even more hours of work to glitches knows this.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vaagventje Trainee Engineer

if this mod is now broken, i wil die the sec i load in to my world, all my oxygen is based on that mod... ty ty very much for letting it know

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Krypt Junior Engineer

I don't know, actually. Not tested yet. But in changelog it looks like that.

9. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

Spotlights got a secret upgrade! 120m range for both small and large grids.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

What?

Thats like ... really far for a small grid! Hmmmmm coool (?)

11. Capac Amaru Trainee Engineer

The highlights around items and doors are a really cool feature...

But they can really hurt immersion, especially when you are seeing them with your helmet off, or in spectator mode.

We have run into a few minor problems with unwanted highlighting when recording video, and adding this to doors is going to increase that exponentially.

Highlighting should really be either affected by the UI visibility options (UI background opacity slider), toggle on/off with the UI using the TAB key, or have its own controls in the game menu.

I think having control over the highlight color would also be a useful feature.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

Wow. my performance really is much better than prior updates. Call me impressed.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

wow good find!

14. shuff Trainee Engineer

Thanks to the dev, but... i'm always in trouble with framerate suddenly and randomly drop from 60 constant to 5~15fps until i get back to main menu and load save again.
    my rig : 5960x / 32GB ddr4 / titan x, latest nvidia driver.

15. Krypt Junior Engineer

16. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Thankfully the second post in this thread wasn't someone saying "first".

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. GeeBeeEVE Trainee Engineer

CTRL is still hardbound for changing hotbars - really want this re-bindable to something else. I use ctrl for downthrust and crouch, this is not changing. I do not use ctrl to change hotbars anymore, i ended up rebinding tilde and tab to cycle through them like a crazy person. Please bring back some of my sanity and allow me to bind the function back to shift. I don't know how anyone ever had an issue changing hotbars while running or how it was a reason to change the hard binding from shift to control. I do not agree with hard bindings and believe the more players can bind controls the better.

Ctrl is my crouch / downthrust key in pretty much every game i play. I am not changing my keybinds or muscle memory for your poor design choices. In case there is any question on why i don't use it, if jet packing or piloting a ship it causes unwanted movement to change hotbars, on planets this usually means smashing into the ground and in space it also moves you down, not certainly to the ground, but somewhere that you don't want to be just to change a hotbar.

Link to my suggestion of a gui representation with it rebindable from the update that caused this situation http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-120-highlights-bug-fixes.7379406/page-7#post-1286935270

Thanks Keen!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Has anyone noticed that connectors recently changed? Last patch, I noticed that connectors have a strength slider setting. After testing it, it affects how strongly 2 connectors will pull 2 ships into alignment. It will use the weakest setting that the pair have, so if you are worried that the force will cause 2 ships will collide in a way that will cause damage, then only one needs to be set to low. It can be set from 100% (far right) to disabled (far left).

• Late Late x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

I use it extensively and everything seems to work just fine.

20. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

But... what about the terminal screen updating :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

I'm beginning think that people who use servers and multiplayer should mention that they are using such stuff when reporting bugs. I play single player so I rarely have problems with batteries and solar panels working together, but people who do use multiplayer do have problems with them. Multiplayer has loads of problems, so I think it would be helpful for devs to know if this problem is in the base game or if it has something to do with multiplayer.

22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I really have nothing to display on there that'd be worth updating. I'm sure someone has fun with that; it has no meaning to me. Glass takes precedent, though. It's an on-principle thing with this shit.

Edit: oh hey, mini freezes are back! Didn't miss you, guys, do us both a favor and fuck off again.
    Edit 2: on the other hand, this happened:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Wizlawz Master Engineer

reading through some of the replies here and those of 3rd party and mods, NEVER forget you WILL Lose stuff, after all you are ONLY TESTING until "Release".

i can't count the number of worlds and ships i have lost...but it was and is expected.

why do "we think this is a finished game?" {ye i know we really don't, but we seem to come across as if it were}

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

As someone that heavily relies on mods, I heartily agree with this. The game is still in alpha and using mods is risky. I have lost entire ships due to mods not getting updated. Then months later the mods were updated by other modders and I got my ships back. I lucked out. Can't count on that happening all the time. Block mods are one thing. Script mods are another. Probably the worst thing that can happen is a long-standing script gets broken. That's harsh, but it should be expected because the game is not finished. Amidala has a shoulder for those that believe any mod will make it all the way to the game's gold release. It's inevitable that really popular mods will be resurrected or re-written, or show up as standard.

See you next week.

• Like Like x 1
  25. KitsuneSamurai Trainee Engineer

In all my statements of amazement at my different experiences with a mediocre rig (i3-4130 Haswell, 8GB DDR3 1600 ram, GTX 760) being very stable and having much fewer bugs, I've never really thought of this. I've said before that I can't attest to a lot of the multiplayer bugs because I spend most of my time in single player, but I've never thought of non-multiplayer-related bugs that might be exclusive to multiplayer. I mean, I know DS has their own slew of bugs, but I've just always assumed that people talking about bugs with no mention of DS were referring to bugs that happened to them in single player.

I do wonder though if a lot of people's problems with stability might be related to their hardware being too cutting edge. If something's not been around too long and doesn't have the refinement of an older component, it might still have kinks in it that need to be worked out. For example, when I built my PC, Z97 chipsets still had problems, so rather than getting the bleeding edge Z97, I went with an X87. Quad-core and better CPUs might perform better, but a lot of programs still aren't really able to fully utilize them yet, and I play a lot of old games, so I opted for the high individual core speed of a dual core over a quad. Plus, it was only $60. And being able to play Fallout 4 on a $60 CPU is definitely something to be happy about.

Also, why in the world is my steam badge showing a totally different account? EDIT: nvm, was showing the badge from the post above for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Amidala's going to be a very busy little bee until they fix that...

• Funny Funny x 3
  27. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Spotlights are broken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

To me the use of highlights vastly breaks immersion, I like to forget I'm playing a game and highlights remind me I'm playing a game. How about doors that automatically close and open without the use of external sensors and setting them up correctly? (Internal door sensors would have their own settings). Isn't their a mod script for this? Otherwise I love the update, anything that improves performance is an okay in my book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. retep998 Trainee Engineer

Oh boy a new update, time to check whether the solar panel bug still exists. Let's see, a few solar panels with some batteries that are in neutral mode (aka not recharge nor discharge) and a refinery consuming some power. Sun is shining on the solar panels and their max output is around a hundred kW each. Oh what's this, their Current Output is still 0. Come on Keen, how am I supposed to play in survival when my solar panels don't actually output any power?

Also, I'm not using a dedicated server, just playing locally on a world that is open to friends (although no friends are connected and its effectively single player).

• Like Like x 1
  30. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm.

Something has gone a bit wrong.

At the slider of 2.0m for radius, it is close to a basic look.
    At slider position 10.0m, it 'reduces' to its lowest level.
    At slider position 120.0m, its so blown out and vastly incorrect, and not even lighting up much of anything I can tell.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.