Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.123 - Bug fixes and improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. craigp Trainee Engineer

Keep in mind that ALL the priorities are backwards. I also moved battery charging to the least important thing to prevent brownouts.

2. Riph Trainee Engineer

I'm not 100% sure I agree with you there. I'm seeing two possible targets,

<DistributionGroup>
    <Id>
    <TypeId>MyObjectBuilder_ResourceDistributionGroup</TypeId>
    <SubtypeId>Charging</SubtypeId>
    </Id>
    <IsSource>false</IsSource>
    <Priority>60</Priority>
    <IsAdaptible>true</IsAdaptible>
    </DistributionGroup>​

and also

<DistributionGroup>
    <Id>
    <TypeId>MyObjectBuilder_ResourceDistributionGroup</TypeId>
    <SubtypeId>BatteryBlock</SubtypeId>
    </Id>
    <IsSource>false</IsSource>
    <Priority>90</Priority>
    <IsAdaptible>true</IsAdaptible>
    </DistributionGroup>​

Both of these appear on the surface to have quite low priorities. In my mind, the better fix is simply moving Thrust higher in priority, since it makes no sense to have to rush over and turn off your refinery in order to get all power to thrusters to dodge an asteroid.

3. Safrguns Trainee Engineer

Ahhh performance improvements!... well now my game freezes when drilling with a small ship on planets even faster now!
    This is now at least 4 weeks on this bug that makes planets pretty much unplayable.
    Bout time for me to move on... i'm tired of waiting on this.

Your adding planets to this game is what brought me back after at least a year.
    Even with the bugs, what you have accomplished with planets is nothing short of amazing!

But you are not fixing the problems that make people want to quit playing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

Please explain fixed air-vent conveying items ? generally speaking any object with a cargo door can and should allow items to passively route through it i know for a fact that vents are generally placed inline with conveyors for compact convenient systems

After all air vents were designed with 5 extra doors i assume for this purpose

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ponydawg Trainee Engineer

can we get a fix for the cargo issues that are crashing the game? btw thanks for the fixes, keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sakanax Trainee Engineer

I'm having an issue with 'Convert to ship'. Firstly, the option shows even if my ownership is not set. Second, the game crashes once I click convert, whether or not I change the ownership to 'Me'. Can anyone else confirm?

7. Morndenkainen Trainee Engineer

So, I'm not really feeling the new update. I started the game up pretty excited to get in to it quickly, spent about a minute waiting. Got up went to the kitchen to get a drink. went to the bathroom, took a leak, came back and sat down and the game was still loading... A min later, the music kicked in and the game loaded... Doesn't seem any faster...

Also, I noticed while playing that about every 10-15 seconds, the game would lag and freeze for a second or two before resuming it's normal 100fps. Not sure if it's caused by the update or a mod i've got loaded. Just my 2 cents...

I think KSH needs to focus on adding a few new blocks, Maybe just grab the top 10 block mods from the workshop and give the authors due credit? NPC space engineer pirates to man the NPC ships or neutrals to spawn on your own ships from the medbay (using a jumpdrives worth of power to keep ridiculous numbers down) so it doesn't feel so lonely in SSP. Be great if they could be assigned as guards of a particular block or the player, given a rifle and ammo, and fight off intruders/dogs and just wander around the block in a slider bar set range interacting with chairs or beds whatever.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ame Trainee Engineer

This is what I have seen in my game, whatever power load on the grid seems to be deducted from the source output (solar panels in this case; I have a reactor, but I keep it off unless *it* hits the fan) as well as the batteries. "Make up your freakin' minds; where are you going to draw power from?"

In short, solar panels are charging batteries; but not as effectively as they should. Still a pretty big and annoying problem, especially if you're just starting out and resources are at a premium.

Sounds cool, I'll have to look into that...

9. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

I can probably get some modded oxygen and air vents up on the workshop. It's literally nothing more than changing the code to not play the sound.

10. Marinxar Trainee Engineer

Was excited by all the recent updates, so thought I would try it again. Spent 2 hours mining essential Iron/Uranium/Ice to get my base going. Clipped through my ship, ending up inside nowhere space and watch all my progress roll down the mountain side.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

Bring back IMyInventoryOwner. It disappeared after update.

• Late Late x 1
  12. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

Agreed space engineers already has inappropriate overly loud and annoying sounds

We most industrial equipment will create background noise but it should be white noise and not jarring repetitive ear rape

for example make air-vents only hiss when pressurizing or pressurizing a room and give them a soft continuous fan sound more like calming white noise

Also the oxygen generator ..... does not sound like its generating oxygen it sounds like its going to break down and kill everyone if you so much as breath on it

decrease noise level falloff so you aren't hearing sounds from 50 blocks at the same time

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. NewGAMEMASTER Apprentice Engineer

The Source Code got updated :woot:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

A few weeks back I tested your mod with the hopes it will really fix the solar panels. Unfortunatelly it didn't work or at least it was not what I expected.
    Although reordering may have been a good thing it surely was not enough. Every time the required power is more than the solar panels can provide it shuts off entirely and depends on other power sources for everything. Not just the missing amount. Thus needing constant power supervision with or without your mod. And since I like to play without mods or with only a bare minimum of them I had to remove your mod as it was (almost) irrelevant for me.
    Thank you for the good intentions and for trying to do something about the problem, anyway!

All of this becomes tiring at some point. It is part of the reason I am on a pause at the moment and will stay away from playing this game until I start seeing some more positive comments confirming that what's been written in the change log is acctually fixed. Because I remember a few weeks ago they said they fixed batteries... But they kept behaving the same way. And with so many other things they claim they've fixed but have not...

15. PiTM0N Trainee Engineer

Seems like, they made it to whenever you press that button, it crashes the client for you. Atleast, for large grids, in DS survival. However, the rest of the things are nice!

16. chrisb Senior Engineer

Yep.. I like it.
    :)

17. retep998 Trainee Engineer

Every time I have a world loaded for a while, I start to experience a steady periodic 200ms freeze every 2 seconds. Reloading the world fixes it but after a while it returns again. I don't recall having this periodic freeze in previous versions. I think your "optimizations" might have backfired a bit Keen.

18. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Best update this month. A lot of annoying bugs fixed and some performance improvements. :D

Air vents with 5 extra doors? Are you thinking of conveyor blocks?

An air vent has 1 door (which you need to connect it to the network). It sucks/expels air only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Knsgf Junior Engineer

He probably means Digi's inline air vent mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Ah, nice.

I never knew that existed :stare:

*installs*

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Again we have no patch notes for today's hotfix. Who's flying this thing?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Well, it DIDNT fix these things they introduced yesterday:

Flickering lights on moving objects.
    Overbright spotlights bleeding out backwards.
    IMyInventory IMyInventoryItem unreachable without full path (except the hotfix has now broken that even).
    I'm trying to spot things that did change/fix, but am seeing nothing.

23. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

The explanation is simple: Air Vent's are for conveying OXYGEN only! Not parts.

Anybody who thought otherwise was just exploiting a glitch that wasn't meant to happen.

I always wondered why they allowed that kind of stupidity to start with :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

change:
    fixed crash with convertation

25. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

I think the hotfix fixed solar panels in SP!

My panels are actually powering my WHOLE base with all my batteries and reactors off... I havnt seen that happen in ... forever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. UrbanLegend Apprentice Engineer

Kind of like the heat pumps in my RL condo!

27. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Keen is finally on bug hammering mode alright?
    They're squashing all the bugs they can. If i'm right, it's almost all they're doing now.
    And if you can see the big picture, you'll know that it's unnecessary in that situation, to report back the fixes of previous fixes.
    You'll get those next Thursday on every week's freaking Christmas.
    So what can i say? Play with your toys, design a new blueprint or do some homework assignment. I don't care.
    Just don't ask to report on the things they've just reported. That is just weird. It's not like you're going to do anything special with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  28. Kham Apprentice Engineer

That's a very silly attitude, I have to say.
    This game is in Alpha development, we post hundreds of bug reports on a weekly basis. When they release any sort of patch, hotfix or not, it should come with patch notes as this is the only way we can tell if any "fixes" they've introduced are working as intended or not.
    By not telling us what they've actually changed in a hotfix, we may leave bug reports open which could now be closed.

Not to mention, there have been several instances over the years where new 'features' have slipped in via hotfixes which have no patch notes. It's hard to tell if these are actual features or a bug which managed to worm it's way in when they simply don't tell us.

• Agree Agree x 6
  29. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Agreed, proper program development relies on valid documentation of what has changed, so that all involved (even us pleeb testers in the world) know what to look for, what to expect, and what to double-check to see if indeed it IS fixed. Throwing updates out and saying nothing, is a pretty bad format... especially with HOTFIX updates (which occur after the bigger ones). Like, what was hotfixed? What ELSE did they change? Should we even be looking at X, or Y?

There are oodles of people playing this game without even offering up an ounce of feedback, or reading any news items. So those who take the time to followup, should be given good accurate change notes for every patch, big or small. Its not too much to ask for.

• Agree Agree x 6
  30. retep998 Trainee Engineer

Doesn't seem like they've completely fixed power grids yet. Solar panels with sun + batteries in neutral + machines running and the Current Output is still significantly lower than where it should be.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, and that freeze every two seconds that gets bigger and bigger the longer you play? Still there, even after the hotfix.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.