Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.123 - Bug fixes and improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. g4borg Apprentice Engineer

I like this bugfixing period a lot. Need to hop in the game once again. Keep it up Keen!

2. Clunas Junior Engineer

And he's also human. You wouldn't suggest people put modding issues in the in-game programming section now would you?

3. gordon.d.kay Trainee Engineer

Still hasn't fixed memory issue for 32 bit build on a 32 bit OS. Pretty basic stuff. Please get this sorted.
    To reproduce, start game, new world, tutorials, first tutorial - game errors on memory. Alt-esc and alt-tab do not "fix" as mentioned in various post.
    If you are going to provide a 32bit build please make sure it works by testing it on a 32bit machine
    Windows Premium 7 Home edition 32 bit
    3.2G memory usable.
    Space engineers 32 bit build 01_123_007 26-02-2016 05:50

• Late Late x 1
  4. gordon.d.kay Trainee Engineer

Still hasn't fixed memory issue for 32 bit build on a 32 bit OS. Pretty basic stuff. Please get this sorted.
    To reproduce, start game, new world, tutorials, first tutorial - game errors on memory. Alt-esc and alt-tab do not "fix" as mentioned in various post.
    If you are going to provide a 32bit build please make sure it works by testing it on a 32bit machine
    Windows Premium 7 Home edition 32 bit
    3.2G memory usable.
    Space engineers 32 bit build 01_123_007 26-02-2016 05:50

• Late Late x 1
  5. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

Ehhh.. Yuck..

6. rexxar Senior Engineer

If you mean that it runs out of memory, there's nothing Keen can do. 32 bit applications are limited to 2GB RAM. It's just a limitation of the 32 bit architecture. Which is why Keen is dropping 32 bit support; the game just can't run with that little memory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Its not true 32bit = max 2GB RAM, but you must know how write applications corectly and its not somethink normal game programator know how to do + there is alot of other disadvantiges why is beter droping 32 bit support.

PS: who realy want to know how its work try search: Physical Address Extension, Address Windowing Extensions, atc... first will show you how unlock for example 5GB ram on 32bit and second how get more then 4GB ram in runing aplications + there are aplications for it, but ( WARNING ) windous dont like it at it must be for testing purpose atc...

Or just check this he explain it well for basic understanding where problem is:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. aka13 Trainee Engineer

There is literally no disadvantege to dropping 32 bit support. Your cpu, unless its older than you can handle 64x architecture. If you are too lazy to reinstall windows 64x version, that is sadly not my or the developers concern anymore. I dont see how your lazyness should hold back the whole game. And, just saying, if you play any sort of computer games and seriously consider 2gb of ram to be "enough", you propably are better off stopping playing alltogether.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I did just write its not true 32bit os can not suport more then 2GB RAM :), but i agree buy and instal 64bit os.

10. aka13 Trainee Engineer

You dont have to buy it, you can use your existing license key to activate your new x54 system, if it is the same OS! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

So to write an application "correctly" you have to use a hack that could cause a BSOD. Got it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

"New" tag removed! Fingers crossed for Bug fixes without the nasty side effect of adding bugs.

Side Joke...
    is the x54 a economy version? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Windows now do hacking programs ? I didnt know it ;)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366527(v=vs.85).aspx
    I did write 2 tags only + video for basic understanding, why is it possible us more then 2GB ram on 32bit os... and you didnt do minimum to read about it. Its normal pc tuning i dont see what is hack in it,but i dont recoment normal users do it. ( its just possible )

14. NewGAMEMASTER Apprentice Engineer

15. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Don't mean to pop your balloon, but I think that the NEW tag expires autmatically. Otherwise it would make no sense to come and remove it before posting the new thread.
    Unless... unless they like to have us wondering about their dark ways to make things...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

The fact that they do not have a REAL bug tracking system and rely on forms.... I think they DO like to have us wondering about their dark ways to make things...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Vigo the Dudepathian Trainee Engineer

While you CAN use more than 2 GB of ram on a 32 bit OS each program can still only use 2 GB (or is it 4? still not enough) no matter what in 32 bit. This fix has been around since XP days and honestly I am surprised they made a 32 bit windows 7 other than for legacy support; even though x64 supports 32 bit applications a lot of devices have to have additional code to function on a x64 system. x64 is better in every way and really should have been adopted as the standard when x64 xp got stable. Why any gamer has ANY reservations about switching is beyond me. Either upgrade if you can, or wish you could upgrade and work towards the goal of upgrading if you cannot. Offering false hope to people who don't understand why it is the way it is will only give them ammo and feed the troll fires.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Im not ( offering false hope to people atc... ) i did write above: buy and instal 64bit os ;) and i too think x64 is better, but its not true 32bit os can us maximum 2GB RAM.

19. Vigo the Dudepathian Trainee Engineer

As a whole yes, each program individually, no. So there is no way for a game like SE to use the ram it needs in a32 bit environment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Flamedramon Trainee Engineer

I just want some dang liquid water

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. chrisb Senior Engineer

Another good update. Its been a while since I fired SE up, will have to have a proper look again soon.

• Late Late x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.