Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.124 - Rotor & Piston Safety Lock, Echo System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SunGod Trainee Engineer

Keen crew, thank you for the continued focus on bug fixes and performance optimizations, ESPECIALLY the mention that net code is being worked on. I've tried multi-player on dedicated servers previously, and the performance was horrendous, basically unplayable, so it's great news to see that you're dedicating time and effort on this front. Multiplayer games are basically where gamers are these days, so this is a very smart and much appreciated move.

Keep up the great work, stick with fixes and optimizations for a while, please, we've got plenty of mods to keep us happy, so appreciate you continuing to make the core game stable and fun! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Aragath Trainee Engineer

Before, there was a dust trail particle when the player walked over the surface of mars. making it look like he was farting

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. frannic Apprentice Engineer

but is the glass fixed.............?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Intruder spotted at 0:43!!
    Haha gotta love these vids :woot:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Potter Apprentice Engineer

That's funny. I never noticed that

6. Nosocalypse Trainee Engineer

Still no "trolldrive" abolishment?

7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

So how 'bout dat Glass Feedback?

Yeah i thought as much :(

What's up with those teaser, we know Treebe- HOLY SHIT DAT VISOR!
    Ah... does that mean the helmet doesn't come off anymore? Cause it looks like it means the helmet doesn't come off anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KissSh0t Master Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Riph Trainee Engineer

This also happens on earth deserts. Or happened. I'm not sure if this got removed too in today's patch.

10. ThyCrusader Trainee Engineer

What have i missed?

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Lord Wraith Apprentice Engineer

sorry guys but for me the only thing on this weeks bug fix list is the small grid hydrogen tanks being improved, at last, well done, now we are get some where, as for the rest, still some major problems out there (landing legs hmmm) so looking forward to the next fixes, would like to request that pistons not be so weak ie the heads don't snap off so easy and that rotors have more power, other than this well done guys, you're getting there

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Thank you guys :)

13. tharkus Junior Engineer

Nice list of fixes
    also the memory leaks you fix makes me happier :) for the sake of performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

Ummm, Fixed or added? O.o lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Are you willing to send me your world? Because I just loaded up the live version, created a new offline survival map, put down a battery, solar panel and an assembler, and everything is working as it should be.
    Seeing as your world is apparently still broken, I'd like to investigate your world to figure out what is causing it and hopefully fix it quickly by tomorrows patch. :) (Though no promises.. ;))

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

Ummm, Fixed or added? O.o lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. posthy Apprentice Engineer

Very nice list. Very nice indeed.

18. ghofmann Trainee Engineer

Amazing patch guys. Well done. We're getting so close to Beta, I can feel it!

19. Sigurd Hansen Trainee Engineer

But I suppose this will not fix the bug with scripts reading solar panel values in DS?

20. Aracus Senior Engineer

Heh you always seem to read my mind, would've expected something else than treebeard with a...new? Perpetual stare of horror. Of course it wasn't femgineer...

And the glass...

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Nexarius Trainee Engineer

Hm when I loaded my world the solar panels didnt give any energy to the batteries but now they do -> I must have done something wrong the first time sry :/

22. megapro Trainee Engineer

As far as I know the batteries have (unlike real batteries) 100% efficiency. Meaning they can output the exact same as the input. So you shouldn't waste anything unless your solar panels have a higher energy output than the max battery input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

ModAPI now exposes CurrentOutput on IMySolarPanel, IMyBatteryBlock and IMyReactor. Batteries additionally expose IsCharging, OnlyRecharge, OnlyDischarge and SemiautoEnabled. Hopefully, these should allow programmable blocks to read them even on DS. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. OrfanKrippler Apprentice Engineer

Should've left that in. Added realism and slight boost to flight speed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well, it never was going to be a FemGineer; see the last Monday Stream for how we're on that front (basically Marek wants the modders to do it and he may include it as a mod (nothing solid on what that's exactly supposed to mean); i tried reaching Amidala for comment but i hear she threw her phone against a wall). I'm just... I don't get the teasing, tbh. Not seeing a difference in Treebeard's suit other than the new trashcan-mechanism visor. Which was only showcased today. And frankly i'd rather keep the old suit. But hey, maybe it's a totally redundant second way to vent some oxygen...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Sigurd Hansen Trainee Engineer

Ah; Perhaps I should update my auto align script then.

27. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

"doubled the capacity of the small grid hydrogen tank" - Sounds more like it should belong on the Features List (I'm a *big* fan of small grids) but other than semantic jokes, I am very pleased with this update - can't wait to get into the game and see if this new rotor/piston changehelps some of the explosion situations I run into on planets. Also I like that you actually released content on the day after my bday - that makes me very happy. Thanks for listening guys!

28. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Solar panels also report MaxOutput, I forgot. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  29. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

KSH staff answering questions in the Change Log. What's the world coming to?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  30. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Well Considering the current helmet option is an instant change from "Helmet On" and "Helmet Off" - I think it's at least a step in the right direction, still - I'm not a fan of helmets so...I'll probably stick to using my modded character models (especially with no female main-stream engineer coming)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.