Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.124 - Rotor & Piston Safety Lock, Echo System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

That small grid hydro tank increase is a step in the right direction.

Now all I want are high quality models, high quality textures, better light renderer and more glass block/armor block shapes. Then you may as well start calling it a beta. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

What was that "teaser" part about?

3. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Nice! Time to rewrite my station's status script.

I dont know if I should be happy, or outraged... after spending so much time fine tuning a small grid ship in survival to get into space with ample hydrogen fuel to go platinum hunting... now my ship has double the fuel it needs! LOL!

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

They broke gyroscopes for small grids. Neither of our codes work now for small ships.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

With Regards to the earlier chhanges to glass transparency - I think if Keen is going to dirty our windows they ougta atleast give us a way to wash them. (Neat Freak Confirmed) Till then Clean Windows Mod Away.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Aracus Senior Engineer

Started watching at work only managed to see 30 min of that weird game(another showing of Marek not grasping basic intuitive steps and generally being a noob) but I guess it will be the normal Marek we experience then? A drawn out disapointing let-down? Because spending the time to make a new, much requested face(to fairly represent roughly half the population) for the model you are completely redoing(if ever so slightly on some arts) is too much effort, and or would make too much sense and be too appreciated? Tsk.

7. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

Awesome guys!

8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Apparently Good Guy @Xocliw spoke with the art department and they say it'd be easy; Marek says he's not against it but he doesn't want to waste the time. I'm still waiting for a reason why he's rushing SE other than that he's no longer interested. The game isn't exactly old, not even in terms of development time...

Edit: i guess he has the same thoughts about other character customization option; i went to bed before the stream was over. I agree with @Stardriver907 - FemGineer is only a start. Skin color picker and maybe a few facial options would be nice as well but it appears this is going to take mammuth feet to accomplish baby steps, so... get onto that, modders, 'cause you're literally finishing SE now.
    I might disagree a bit with a fat Treebeard. Not because i don't see the merit but because that's actually starting to get into more technically divers and complicated issues. FemGineer is a simple head swap (i mean - we got a fucking EngiDeer before a FemGineer, wth?), skin colors and eye parts could be done with simple texture swaps or color pickers. Body type then goes into actually altering the entire model. That's a bit ambitious for now. Good stretch goal though. But let's start with small bread and see if we can get it baked.
    (Booked. Baken? Bucked? Buck? I'm tired.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

10. Geneticus Senior Engineer

Client extender doesn't "register" anywhere. It's just part of the shortcut. You can have one shortcut for "with" and "without" the extender. No need to reinstall the game for a shortcut.

11. Geneticus Senior Engineer

It's probably because sales have dropped off and they need to do a gold release so they can start the next title. All games have a sales curve. Eventually the number of new sales drops to the point of no longer being able to sustain a full development team.

12. Aracus Senior Engineer

Very much agreed, and so what if it takes a little more time with the model? Is not like it really prolongs the rest of the development process, those models will be done long before the coders have finished everything they have to do and it's rather unlikely the models will affect the coding progression significantly if at all. And again, THEY'RE ALREADY WORKING ON THE PLAYERMODEL! PERFECT OPPORTUNITY YOU BLIND OAF! /rant

13. Echillion Senior Engineer

Especially since on a birth ratio ladies make up 66% of the worlds population? and yes I know there's guys out there that given the chance will play as a female character but given equality legislation today you'd think they'd make a female face for the astronaut given the fact we have had female shuttle mission commanders and pilots?

Plus I do hope they sort out the god awful cracks on the windows otherwise I'm gonna have to add a mod to my vanilla builds just to get rid of it!

Oh and @Xocliw Yes you did really say that! and most of us wish you hadn't! well I don't at least...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Geneticus Senior Engineer

If I remember correctly the priority settings for existing blocks are saved on a per block basis in the save file. When a change occurs to the sbc it only applies to new blocks. You get the same issue if you mod the range of an ore detector and re-load the world with a different default range. The original range is stuck on that block until it is ground down and replaced. The same thing happens with Blueprints. OFC it works fine when you start a new world, because you are applying the fixed settings when the block is added to the grid or the prefab is generated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hald 2 Trainee Engineer

Yeah! Love this thing =)
    No more rockets thet more then a half made of fuel tanks =)
    But, maybe it is not too realistic... Who knows.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. ZeroGravity Trainee Engineer

Some nice fixes, thanks Keen !

17. TuntematonSika Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

very nice update KSWH! Thank's for the good work! :)

19. kvt36 Trainee Engineer

Fix the gyro - it's great! Thank's for that.

20. Barlosk1 Trainee Engineer

This update is good but what I really want is more simplified controls, better Xbox controller support, and a stabilizer to keep you level with the ground when using your jet pack.

I think there should be a unified action button that would let you interact with things like the control panel, items on the ground, and pulling things out of containers. Right now as it is you have to use 2 different buttons to interact with things, it should be only 1 button and that botton should only do something if you have something to interact with so if you accidentally press it, nothing happens.

Please tell me you are working on this

21. Rdav Apprentice Engineer

Ahh well, I'd like to say at least they tried fixing some things.
    looks like it's off to try and find a temporary workaround until they fix it, I'll message you if I find a quick workaround/fix although I'm hoping it'll be dealt with in Friday hotfix

22. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Just updated our DS and this is still broken. Sitting watching the batteries and they are losing stored power while showing they have much more input than output. I was so excited when I saw this had been fixed but looks like it's still broken.

Still works when sitting in a flight seat. As an interesting aside, I am using the mmasters lcd scrips and I can actually see the reported input of the batteries go from 0 up to an actual value when sitting in the flight seat then back down to 0 when not sitting in it.

UPDATE: Just added a new station with one battery and a solar panel on our DS. Battery is not charging even though it has 70kw coming in and nothing out. Just sitting at 900.00kw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

I have a single question: When are we getting the Ability to delete planets and blueprint asteroid-stations? these two things are big deals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Geneticus Senior Engineer

Are you sure it's not a display issue with the detailinfo? There was a bug where the detail didn't update unless you clicked off then back on to the block.
    I can't help that that sounds like an IT Crowd quote. :)

25. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

If I select a battery with less than 1Mw stored power I can actually see it draining in real time while it tells me it has 250 kw coming in and 35 kw going out.

26. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

I have the exact same problem....more input than output...battery even tells me that its recharging and will be charged within so many hours but yet the storage amount decreases. I have not yet tried with the new update, just FYI. Also, the batteries are set to neutral, no check marks. I'm having to actually check mark recharge to get them to actually charge up.

Update: Stored power is going up now! FYI, station voxel support is enabled and I am in space.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Can you send me that save?

28. retep998 Trainee Engineer

I personally tested on my world and with some machines neutral batteries and solar panels, the solar panels are outputting their full output, and the battery stored power is going up! Yay! So now I know that Keen probably has at least a few competent developers.
    Keep up the good work!

29. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Solar Panels Not Charging Batteries.zip

Spawn at "SP1 - MedBay". It's an earth station with 50 solar panels on the grid and something like 14 batteries.

EDIT: Also managed to recreate this on a local dedicated server in like 10 minutes by spawning in a planetary lander, landing, building a station with a battery and a solar panel. Waited till day time and sure enough solar panel began showing as inputting power into the battery but the stored power didn't go up.

30. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Clank strikes again, small ship completely tore itself to pieces and exploded half of my landing platform (it was a welding ship, lots of cargo to fly around) the moment I unlocked the landing gears, for no reason at all.
    Done it hundreds of times before, nothing ever happens other than it sitting there, this time it went off like an atom bomb....and I hadn't saved for 2 hours because the server host ist afk :(

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.