Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.124 - Rotor & Piston Safety Lock, Echo System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sigurd Hansen Trainee Engineer

Oh no. My auto align script working great (in non-dedicated mode) for over a year struggles to get a lock on the sun. Looks like the data from both MaxOutput and DetailedInfo is delayed somehow.

2. Riph Trainee Engineer

However, recharging from any source will only work at 80% efficiency rate which incurs a 20% penalty on recharging, meaning the block needs 20% more power for the amount of power returned to the grid.​

Wiki could be wrong I guess, but everything I've heard says that there's a battery penalty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. craigp Trainee Engineer

Bug report: single-sided solar panels cannot reacquire the sun. Dunno whether this was introduced this week or last week.

Battery inefficiency is on the books, but I don't know if it actually exists. I think they took it out when they put in batteries charging batteries automatically.

4. Clunas Junior Engineer

Lol wtf...

Also, everyone involved with this week's video should feel bad for that last line :woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. VanGoghComplex Apprentice Engineer

Sorry if this had been asked before, but real quick: if I lock the pistons and rotors on my theoretical atmospheric ship, will it hover? Will it fly in a straight line? Or do locked pistons/rotors still have separate grid masses and inertias?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Very strange, I am seeing all batteries charging up as expected.. I will do some more testing in the office tomorrow morning.

7. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Is that loading it up in singleplayer or on a dedicated server? I'm only seeing this on DS.

8. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

I'm so glad I'm not first. Thanks again KSH.

9. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

nice batch of fixes.

space weed hotbox in the suit

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

It was a locally running DS. Batteries were behaving correctly, but I will look into it more closely tomorrow. This issue has been plaguing the game far too long, and I'm gonna make sure this will get fixed, sooner rather than later. :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Very nice updates! Not sure what that farting is about though...I like the sound update. Can't wait to have more of a look of that new Engineer model and wow those textures! Looking good Keen!

12. [KuT]Sabbie Trainee Engineer

Yes!! Finally!

I can play the game again!

13. Wizlawz Master Engineer

ohhh so THAT is a Klang!:stare:

"work in progress"...aye yep still in Space Suit on a Habitable Planet......yeahp pretty cool :p

NICE on the Sound changes! :tu:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

I love me a list of fixes... but, there are some new issues brought in with them.

Two steps forward, one step back. It may be progress, but it sure is a roller coaster of a ride! :)

15. Pnut Trainee Engineer

Testing the MaxOutput of SolarPanels in programmable blocks on a dedicated server. MaxOutput is available and does output a value in mW which is nice. The value returned matches the value you would get if you use DetailedInfo, the problem is that both MaxOutput and Detailed Info are (still in the case of DetailedInfo) returning values that are simply wrong or out of date.

It is dusk on my planet at the moment, the solar panel has one green light and in the console the max output reads as 31kW but the programmable block is reporting 97kW using either DetailedInfo or MaxOutput.

Disappointing.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Castle Builder Trainee Engineer

YES! I've been wanting a rotor lock for months!
    Now my vtol and retractable weapon crafts will be much safer.

Edit: - doubled the capacity of small grid hydrogen tank.
    That's nice too.
    small ship surface to orbit shuttles will be a lot easier now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

You know, that never occurred to me but you're absolutely correct. Maybe it's because there are no female characters in ME either?

For the record, I use the Hammerman Prep Station mod because it has both male and female suits displayed. Right now it's the only way I can show that I have both male and female crew.

18. PurrfectBlinky Trainee Engineer

Cool, now I don't need to add landing gears to all my rotor driven x-wings to make them fly properly :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Are these batteries and panels that were in existence BEFORE the update. Sometimes only new blocks are affected by updates.

20. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Not to double post, but sometimes existing blocks aren't updated but new instances are... such was the case when cargo block inventories were expanded from my own observations.

Has the OP tried creating new blocks and testing?

21. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

I have tried quite a few things:

1. On our hosted DS I created a new station with one battery and a solar panel. During day the battery isn't charging despite showing it has input.
    2. On local DS. Created a brand new survival world. Created a station with one battery and a solar panel. Same result as 1.
    3. Downloaded the save from our hosted DS loaded it as a singleplayer save. Batteries charge fine.
    4. Uninstalled SE, deleted all data from steam and %AppData%. Re-downloaded. Repeated 2. Batteries still wont charge from solar input.

22. SolarScavenger Trainee Engineer

Keen, thank you for getting rid of all the red enemy text on the screen. I can see again!

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Mobiyus Apprentice Engineer

Just noticed... Xo has the same overlay as camera's

24. Lunaris Tenebrae Trainee Engineer

Please include an checkbox to DISABLE Piston/Rotor locking, the video clip you used with this patch is a perfect example of why you would not want your rotors to lock at max speed. Clearly someone used a rotor to achieve, well rotation, and then to have it just stop defeats the purpose. Not to mention if this works anything like the piston "fix" it will disable the conveyor properties of advanced rotors which AGAIN defeats the purpose of even using them. Even if you have to tag the checkbox with "use at your own risk" just give us the option to disable this locking feature!

25. DaMightyMage Apprentice Engineer

Wait what??

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. KissSh0t Master Engineer

The sound of rockets exploding in the distance in outer space is cool.

*edit*

Ohh.. I just realized why it's funny..

:D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 3
  27. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

How am I supposed to fill my gas bottles now? :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Probably; they just copypasted Medievalbeard's head onto the original SE suit. Which makes Marek's insistance to not do it doubly annoying; new head sculpts for ME HAVE been datamined a long-ass time ago (i believe it was a child, a woman and an old man, but don't quote me on that). Probably for townsfolk; if they just finished those we'd have an instant source of a little variety.

Probably wouldn't use the kid, though. That'd look kinda awkward.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ethan .S. Trainee Engineer

Nice Updates keen, can we maybe get more weapon systems for like small ships and large ships? such as like Laser Turrets or a Gravity Cannon, or maybe something awesome like a map of the world? what about special blocks for prisons? maybe a few more blocks because everyone loves it :)

nice work keen THX

30. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

Awesome! Great job people.
    Just one thing, will the lighting system get a complete revamp?, the problems that exist with the one in the game at the time of this comment where, lights faze through blocks and behave in generally derpy ways at highter ranges.
    I think the best idea for lights are...

You add a reflection system for blocks.
    and change the lighting system to something like this.

Focus. (adjusts the lights beem focus from wide flood, to downright type. this would allow the lights to behave like they do in real life, more power + focus = a bright and intense spotlight with a increasing in intensity and power reflection on neighboring blocks. or the wide beem (basically 180 beem all around the light) this would give the game a better ambiance and take away from that annoying lighting adjustment bull crap.

Power.

Color.

Hope this helps..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.