Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.124 - Rotor & Piston Safety Lock, Echo System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KitsuneSamurai Trainee Engineer

My understanding is that charging batteries through reactors is only 80% efficient, but solar panels are 100% efficient.

That is to say, the power penalty only applies to reactors. Charging batteries with batteries should be 100% efficient, too.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Ok, I have managed to reproduce the bug.

Some requirements to reproduce it:
    1. Have station voxel support disabled, if it is switched on everything starts charging correctly.
    2. It only seems to not work for stuff built on planets, when things are put in space it behaves correctly.

So, there seems to be something wrong with disabled station voxel support, planets and solar panels.

Thanks for the report, I will try and work out a solution for it asap. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DragonHalo99 Trainee Engineer

Question is their a way to get exploding cyber hounds back? I LIked em better that way made game more challenging.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. DMATH Trainee Engineer

- fixed character farting when running on alien planet

Lol wat don't take it out, it was a feature.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Riph Trainee Engineer

Ask a workshop modder.

Keen was flagellated for months by angry thousands of fans, myself included, for making dogs explode. They're nowhere near tone-deaf enough to touch this one again.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. malteins Apprentice Engineer

I'm having the following issue:
    In a newly created single player world, specifically talking about the "Empty World" option, somehow the game does not save any of the progress, wether I save from the save button or I use the save button on exit.
    Any ideas, has anybody stumbled upon this as well?

7. histidin Trainee Engineer

hotfix not listed? again?

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

It'd be nice if we can get the follow-up patch notes...

It helps to know what was fixed so we don't end up reporting the same bugs over and over. :p

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Wayne Barraclough Trainee Engineer

"- fixed spotlights blinking"

That right there is worth the price of admission. =)

10. Julian Trainee Engineer

Thanks guys!
    Performance is much improved.

Only, unfortunately, an error occurred elsewhere.
    After loading the backup is always this:

11. Potter_4077th Trainee Engineer

We really need the mining bug fixed. Having dedicated servers lockup because someone went out to hand drill is a major problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. KissSh0t Master Engineer

If you have a bug make a bug report in the bug report section.

13. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

You really should try things before voicing concern over them you know. Waste not Want Not and all that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Not everyone can be bothered to hunt down an adjacent forum thread. If the mod's think it inappropriate they are likely to take action themselves. I for one think it's perfectly fine to give fair mention of bugs that crop up in new versions IN the update section for that version.

Edit: Of course that said, I do believe the proper manner of bug reporting *is* to file a detailed report in the appropriate bug report section. Still if you don't have enough information a bug report won't help anyone; by mentioning it here they are likely to find someone who has more knowledge and/or similar experiences.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  15. ghosttr Trainee Engineer

Maybe if they fixed the netcode more people would want to play?

16. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

That would be pretty stupid of them when they have the Xbox One version in the pipeline too.

Most of what I've seen so far is them adhering to the demands of the community, which was pretty much "MOAR BUGFIX UPDATES PL0X!!!!1!!1!!".

Now that we're getting exactly what we asked for... people are complaining.

However, if they do end up rushing SE to release and then dropping it right after release with no further features, that would be extremely stupid and almost an exact repeat of Miner Wars. In which case, they'll be denied my wallet (and most likely many others) in the future. Permanently. :p

As the saying goes: "Once forgiven, twice forgotten".

SE has so much potential left in it yet.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. spacecadet Trainee Engineer

Is DS playable: NO, DS is NOT playable.

^ I hope that changes next week!

Specifically, this is how a playing session often looks for me:
    - attempt to load into DS, 'Server Host has left the game'
    - attempt again, loads to respawn screen, long wait for a Medbay to become active...click respawn button...10minute wait, not spawned....quit game
    - attempt again, 'Server host has left the game'
    - attempt again, 'User is already joined'
    - attempt again, finally get in and spawned...cannot enter cockpit other than the first time entered per ship, actions only occur in a brief window every minute or 2.
    - F5 just to get into a cockpit...server crashes...

^ that's a lot of data being wasted in having to attempt to reconnect, in an effort to test. The game is currently a liability w.r.t. data quotas (for people that need to worry about them).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Can you be more specific?
    Was just playing on a dedicated running on a friend's machine, was like I was playing singleplayer, ran perfectly fine, not a single problem...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Harrekin Master Engineer

Bandwidth?

Seriously...?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. spacecadet Trainee Engineer

You're right, updated post. I'm using it as a desperate attempt to raise the priority of fixing such problems ;)

21. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

The vocal Community at large...does not support simplification, because they are among those who actually have brains to work with, instead of push-button finger twitching. THAT said - some room for improvement could be made.

22. Shabazza Junior Engineer

Hm. I guess wou will still need to secure a grid on a grid with landing gear to prevent drag from those "external" parts during flight.

I would tag this as "funny" - if it wasn't so sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

Even lack of information can point out there's a problem. Also, since you can post the world to Steam and have a link to it in the bug report, you can give them a chance to see it in action, and tell how you got the bug to appear.

Lack of information or not, anything will be helpful, and maybe someone else can provide more details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

WTF? Did we jump back to the 70s with Disco Station?

25. Wisest Man Alive Trainee Engineer

Am i stupid? Cos i dont get what is the teaser all about. Its the same dude in the same suit from what i see...

"Pretty cool, right?"
    Is he trolling or something?

26. w0lf3y Apprentice Engineer

instead of the engineer helmet getting removed, his helmet glass flips up. This is cool ( IMO ) because it opens the suit to modders for having suit animations.

*edit* Also it's a high texture suit. you can see the cloth weave when the camera panned over the shoulder area.

27. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Consider my take on it (purely my own personal opinion here too)...

- I never actually see my guy 'cause I'm in FPS most the time unless flying a ship, in which case you dont see your guy... so a new helmet ? *twirl finger*

- If I try to set textures to high in this game to see some new suit that I never see because I'm in FPS mode... it eats up all my pidly 3gb vram, all my pidly 8gb system ram, spills over eats up all my 16gb page file, spills over and eats up my computer and comes to a screeching halt... so again, *twirl finger*.

I can appreciate that some people may be super excited about it... but over here in my seat, I'm going like yeaaaahhh the graphic guys at Keen are bored.

+ Now if this means I can take my helmet ON / OFF while IN A COCKPIT... WOOHOO!! I am genuinely excited for it! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

If the graphics guys at keen are bored, maybe they could put the windows back the way they were before they got dyed and put through a wood chipper.

I am happy to see that this update hasn't broken anything major though, nice when improvements come without drawbacks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It is much higher detail.. with some parts redesigned, and the helmet didn't come off, it slid up.

I hope there will be more faces or customizable faces including female face because beardface pisses me off... :D

30. Lunaris Tenebrae Trainee Engineer

Did they fix grids becoming un-controlable from your ship when their attaching piston/rotor becomes "safety" locked? Or a method to prevent desired rotation stopping when at max speed?

Sooo who exactly is wasting what now?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.