Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.125 - Updated Character Model, New Ambient Sounds

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Z0ckerchrisLP Trainee Engineer

The new model looks sexy!
    Not too sure about the pulsing highlights, guess I'll have to play with it for a few hours to get an opionion on that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

Again. when will we get the ability to delete planets, and blueprint Asteroid Stations?

3. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, the bird sounds make literally no sense at all. Wind sounds are great, and some bugs flying around, but birds? That would mean a whole ecosystem of plants and bugs to sustain the birds, and don't get me started on predators who would keep the bird population at bay. Why birds, Keen?

Pulsing is meh, but to be honest, I don't see why the pulsing has to be on doors, I get why the items are pulsing, but doors could have been left like they were.

4. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Glory days are here again - Sacrifices to the gods have paid off! We can mine on planets O' glorious days!!! :pbjt:

5. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

No No No pls remove the flashing light it look horrible!

Other wise good update

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

1.) Finish that Medieval Engineers Female Character head to put on the suit.
    2.) Finish the missing Armor Ramp connections.
    3.) Use more time for the new block system.
    4.) RnD a way to distuingish Heavy Armor from Light Armor without using Camo IN SPACE!!!!.
    5.) Start designing and building the missing birds.
    5.) Try to see if they can contribute to fixing the visual bugs with Armor Blocks becomming see-through that have existed since the Armor Ramps got introduced.
    The possibilities aren't exactly endless but there's got to be something more important to do than the third, practically identical iteration of Treebeard's suit.

The entire eco system of having trees makes no sense, animals would be a given (like the already present fireflies). I don't mind the bird sounds, i like birds. I just find it funny to draw attention to the lack of birdage :D

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mash Trainee Engineer

Invisible but available video buttons...

8. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

Starting my survival world now crashes the game. K.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sigurd Hansen Trainee Engineer

No fix for wrong MaxOutput values?
    -Sigurd Hansen

10. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I don't really like how they keep making the highlights less and less immersive, but I like the steps taken to incorperate PBR into the game

11. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Mining on planets fixed!?!? Can't wait to test that, will be over the moon if it's truly fixed. :D

12. MrStratos Trainee Engineer

Nice, new chair models next please?

13. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

Was hoping they'd add an arm animation which pushes the visor up or down. But idk maybe that far in the future the visors would be motorized.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

If we get birds, would that mean that the atmospheric thrusters will occasionally release a puff of feathers after sucking in a bird?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

Really? New suit model and it still doesn't fire the center thruster on the chest bit? Come on Keen!

Why has nobody else requested windows to be fixed after they got bolloxed?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. vsimoesbh Trainee Engineer

- fixed mining freezing/crashing the whole server

Dude, cant believe in my eyes, it is FINALLY OVER!

We can play again!

Holy jesus, that should be fixed months ago!

Thanks.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

I'm so glad that I'm not the first one to post anything in this thread. Thanks Keen.

18. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Ok, I'll bite. I was going ask about batteries.

Keen. Can you fix windows so they are clear and smooth? Also can you fix batteries so you can grind recycle them like any other part?

19. OrfanKrippler Apprentice Engineer

I liked the miner that had way too many coffee refills.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Geneticus Senior Engineer

I don't like the Pulsing. It makes me think I lost mouse focus when it pulses off.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. ZeroGravity Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much Keen Crew :tu:

22. coolfarmer Trainee Engineer

Mning fixed! WAOUUUU :D

23. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Thank you guys :)

24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Wait... did I just notice clean glass? Have the Gods of the almighty Windex returned?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. ieldanth Trainee Engineer

Well, Potatoes should be happy...

birdy, birdy, birdy :woot:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  26. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 3
  27. Thnikkalemur Apprentice Engineer

Agree with Rotal - The trees already implied the ecosystem. They aren't all wind-born seed bearers. Something is eating and "distributing" those tree seeds around, and it ain't the cyber-hounds!

I posit that the birds are big and have really sharp claws and reeeeeally don't like glass windows. It would explain some things...

• Funny Funny x 4
  28. ATalkingRock Apprentice Engineer

Also hopefully next time, they'll allow us to either lower or disable the UI noises like when you open a menu, there's that loud beep or click. I vamped up my sound settings do hear the nice ambient noises, but the menu sounds are just so loud :p

Small change I also noticed: if you set a GPS coord on your HUD or an antenna, it'll tell you how far you are in kilometers if far enough away. That's a welcomed addition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  29. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

My thoughts:
    1. It's a shame we can't actually take off our helmets anymore, but I understand the decision and it... kind of makes sense? I mean, taking off your entire helmet in space is ridiculous. If a cabin vents, you might not be able to put it back on. A visor you can flip is much safer.
    2. Highlight strobing is ugly. I didn't like the solid yellow fill in the first place, and would prefer a return to the originally shown "yellow tint with solid yellow outline".

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

You might be onto something.

• Funny Funny x 6
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.