Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.125 - Updated Character Model, New Ambient Sounds

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

Sooo. Did grids, small, large, multiple. Have their vibrator function removed this patch?
    And does that mining fix apply to singleplayer as well?

Also. Can someone just make a workshop mod that reverts the glass to its original state, or makes it clear. And then toss a thread onto the forums about it.
    I am saying this without checking because I don't feel like combing though every forum thread at the moment, if someone has, please direct people to it.

• Late Late x 1
  2. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

Here you go, clear, tinted and heavy tinted glass. Personally, if I can only have one, I'll take the heavy tint.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=628727250&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630070903

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630310371

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

And I'll just say that the only problem I have with the windows is that the pattern repeats and it look weird when you have a lot of adjacent windows.

I really do believe, though, that the scratches will get replaced either with a blue tint or something around the edges. I think Marek went with scratches because he likes the used/worn look. The original windows had crud next to the frames and perhaps he believed that wasn't sufficient. The windows have never been pristine. Even newly built ones.

I do wonder why highlighted stuff has to blink, though.

4. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

The term worn may be relative but THIS worn look is wearing thin! LOL. I do appreciate that they like beat up looking things, and honestly my only gripe about the original yellow respawn ship is that it takes so much rejigging to make it look airtight. The grime on the window edges was if not nice then at least logical. But the current window look would get even the laziest bastard off their bum to take care of it before they had an accident, same as if your window starts to ice over in a blizzard and the wipers and antifreeze aren't cutting it.

Please by all means pursue the look that you want your game to have, but don't punish those who choose to disable third person view for a more realistic game without using mods.

As for tint, yes please for the love of all that is logical bring it back. The original heavy tint is needed for UV and glare protection. Give us options for choosing what glass we install, dirty makes no sense for a clean interior medical room.

Perhaps rather than cluttering the G menu with more options they could add a special paint mode just for tweaking the look of glass and armor blocks.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

What, is that actually a concern of yours? LOL, we're gamer geeks and nerds, of course we'll tell Keen exactly what we think about their fantastic game! Heck even the "similar" games are not as good as this one from all I've heard.

6. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

Having used the new blink, I can say I prefer it wholly over the previous solution. Whether or not it's the BEST solution is a different debate but my vote is that this is clearly a better version than what we had.

7. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

Major step forward with today's patch. I can run my dedicated survival server again without having to fear it just outright stopping when someone decided to poke around too much with the diggy stick.

Oh, and glass should be dynamic. Frost should build up on it in colder climates when the interior is pressurized, and grime should build up on it when it's in a dusty area. In space, if no interaction has occurred, it should stay crystal clear and clean, but with the radiation shielding tint on the exterior.

I suspect volumetric water is something they're looking at, but we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

THIS, yes please listen to the man he knows what he's talking about! Dynamic glass is a much better option than anything else I can think of. I know you are trying to make the game run more smoothly but would it really add any more strain than what happens with armor blocks already?

PS, points for anyone who can name the movie in which the cryogenically frozen villain gained the ability to regenerate by absorbing any glass using nanites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I have to agree that Marek's meddling in the game has been mostly negative. At least give us the option to turn off the highlighting. Perhaps new players like it... Marek has been out of touch for a while, so rather than relearning the game he wants newb derp features that everyone must suffer through.

Can't figure out if there's a pain of glass there before flying into it at 100 m/s.... derp.
    Let's make everything glow yellow and blink because we might not know how to use it.... derp.

Options, people... options... people like options...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

That is going too far. We asked for planets, they are quite good, 7/10 due to lack of water and food, we asked for jump drives, that's a 9/10 because they can be off target by 2,000, seems a bit much for a buffer zone, but they look amazing. The glass update and red alien ice giving rock instead of ice are negatives, but I'm sure they will be fixed soon and that the glass was some sort of communication gaff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

It is NOT going to far. The topic isn't the overall direction of the game. It's the micro-managing of the game while not being involved for quite a while that is the issue. If you watch the Twitch streams, he's continually asking how basic game-play works. Then makes whimsical decisions that affect the entire game without consideration of how it will affect actual game-play. Being the boss is one thing. But helicoptering in, pushing developers or having them cower to your ideas because of your position is pretty bad.

That isn't going to far. That's simple observation.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Void Stitch Trainee Engineer

Apparently I need to find these streams to watch them so I might have a more informed opinion.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MagicalFungi Trainee Engineer

which is why i used finches as an example, they are small enough to use as particle effects at a distance. Get close they fly away, you never see the shitty 2d effect. Extremely easy to do.

Their editor was a nice start, but isn't enough. Not to mention you can't play scenarios in MP as far as i know, never seen one or played one from the server list, and if its not in the MP it doesn't exist for most players. Seriously, what is the point. I can't dogfight myself. They have already said they want to have in house dedi servers, there is no reason they can't have a couple of them reserved for specific gameplay or team based gameplay, or even competitions like MBL (that they said they would get behind and we've heard nothing since)

even in a shit sandbox game like minecraft you have goal oriented servers. (yeah thats right, screw minecraft)

it seems many of you on here don't get my point and think i want some huge mmo experience or some shit. Not the case. My suggestions are valid and are to improve the gameplay experience and longevity of the game. Not like it matters though, as Phoenix points out here, Marek seems determined to piss off his community and ignore our suggestions, replacing them with his own shitty and very permanent suggestions.

And to those of you who say this is just what you have to deal with until SE2, that they already have my money so they don't have to appeal to their consumers... you have a very shitty attitude that is very incorrect. If you make a great game, people will play it for years, long after a sequel, and those players still contribute to the wealth earned through word of mouth, servers, youtube and twitch awareness.... you make a shit game and everyone will know it, no more sales.

To ignore your current consumer is to jeopardize your next, i'm sure keen understands that... at least i hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

You are kinda missing the point of batteries. They are supposed to be recharged. It is not practical to use them without the infrastructure to recharge them. The initial charge is an extra that asks for far too much.

The initial charge paired with the inability to recycle power cells makes them into very poor reactors. Reactors get about 950 kWh per kg of Uranium, while batteries (thanks to the initial charge) get about 1.2 to 0.6 kWh per kg. And batteries start out with only 30% of their maximum charge. Experienced players know that with a 30% charge, you should return home to plug the ship in before it runs out. That is really the point of the initial charge isn't it? To make it possible to fly a ship to a connector so you can recharge it. That problem could have been solved with something else like power cables or battery packs. Experienced players (such as myself) used to use temporary reactors and solar panels to make a ship able to do what the initial charge does.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MagicalFungi Trainee Engineer

nowhere did i say i wanted a giant mmo, these are suggestions to improve the game. It is why we are here on this forum, to comment on changes and improvements to the game and suggest our own. Why you felt the need to look me up on steam i have no idea, the bulk of those hours were from over a year or 2 ago. Most accumulated on a server where we focused on combat and dogfighting. That was the most fun i've ever had playing the game and have yet to have the same experience since. I want more people to have that same experience, to see what SE is capable of beyond building a giant ugly ship. Shortly after that server went down a wave of unstoppable bugs killed MP. I was on at the time to see their fancy shmancy suit and the flappy duck visor, then with a heavy sigh stared longingly at the Join button before crashing my computer trying to exit.

The point? I love the game and want to see it continue to improve. a fancy visor and scratched up glass are not improvements. Giving your players more ways to enjoy your game and control their experience is.

Its not like what i suggested is game changing or even difficult to do, all of the systems exist already in one form or another. What i'm asking for is more control over gameplay and more avenues for creative team based gameplay. Their current "scenario" system is a good start, but it falls short as these missions are single player only as far as i've seen and are often more than what is necessary.

Seriously, spawn me on one of 2 factions with the simple goal of kill the other side. Give me a few nice workshop ships to fight with. Destroy the rebel scum. Repeat.

Is that so much to ask?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. zjn2002 Trainee Engineer

Really liking all the changes, fixes, and things. However, one big question that I have been waiting for some word on is the AI of the npc's. When will pirates, and other randomly appearing ships be able to fully avoid or interact with planets, moons, or anything else that generates a large field of gravity around it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for this Patch, Keen, the mining fix is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge step forward

however my only gripe is the blinking highlight of items, i liked the previous one better, as it was not so intrusive and easy on the eyes, perhaps you can add an option on how items are displayed?

thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Riph Trainee Engineer

On the new model in first person, when I walk forward and right (hold w and e) and then walk right (hold e) I find myself looking out from behind the eye and nose polygons. Can anyone else reproduce this?

19. TomFoolious Trainee Engineer

Hey great update, but now I can't join my own dedicated server without my game client crashing! Might be something on our server though effecting my game client. I'm currently testing other servers to see if I can join and spawn. I was crashing (game client) when the respawn menu came up on my dedicated server. We're doing a server wipe tomorrow anyways, so anything that is causing me to crash will (hopefully) be resolved...Just a pain because I built a ship that I wanted to crash into Earth-like tonight into someone's base in celebration of the server wipe. Won't be able to now though :( All that work for nothin'!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. ziant Trainee Engineer

nope. please remove/revert the strobing highlight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. frannic Apprentice Engineer

These are very nice.
    I am using them myself since the day they were made, because the current glass....
    Well we all know how it looks.
    Only downside side is that we don't have client side only mods.
    If i log into a server i won't have the nice looking glass.
    That is also how i feel about Mareks statement of "let the modders do it"
    You can't use the mods if the servers don't have them.

It's frustrating to build a nice ship with a nice cockpit, use it on a server and notice you can't see shit from out of your cockpit.
    Well....you see shit on the glass, or is that dirt? I can't tell.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Asurada11 Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the mining bug fix, now i can finally mine again.
    Hope to see the new netcode soon because the sim speed on ds…u know

23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

But how will you know what you can pick up, open, enter, exit, program, shoot, spit, sit, slide, ride, rotate, push, pull, or drag?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

weeee horrible DS memory leak!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Turns out there's no option to remove it anymore.

Actually Marek saw them and he want's them more smudged and scratchier.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Wizlawz Master Engineer

Aliester Crowley once said he crossed over the Abyss and the only thing he found was.......himself.

27. vsimoesbh Trainee Engineer

Lets face it, the only thing that really matters at this moment is the drilling crashes, dude this is a minning game! And when you do minning the whole server crash.

So, cutting right to the issue, it is really solved? Is the game playable again? Cause if it still crashing ALL THIS BULLSHIT MEANS NOTHING, we want a freaking game that dont crash.

28. ronsardis Trainee Engineer

logs are still being spammed with roughly 55 lines per second in small ship with drills or welders tool select to mouse button. Off/On toggle in bar does not cause log spam.

2016-03-11 14:10:14.033 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.051 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.077 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.086 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.097 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.110 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.127 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.144 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.161 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.178 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.194 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.211 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.227 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'
    2016-03-11 14:10:14.245 - Thread: 1 -> No physical item for hand item 'MyObjectBuilder_ShipWelder/SmallShipWelder'

[​IMG]

29. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

BAD KEEN BAD BAD you dont need a med bay to take off your helmet that's just retarded
    This will cause problems during emergency situations as well as players cannot protect themselves in the event of emergency depressurization

Unless opening the visor allows players to breathe on planets characters will suffocating to death without a helmet toggle

In terms of explaining the helmet toggle in terms of realism it could easily be assumed that Helmets would be mag locked to the players belt when not in use

JESUS people get a clue its fun to add new things but dont make unnecessary changes that break shit and are detrimental to game play

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  30. chrisb Senior Engineer

Not looked in-game yet. But a couple of things, 1/ not sure we needed pulsating for activate/pickup etc. 2/ removing the helmet, but only in the medbay, sounds a little silly really.
    The fixes are great as usual.

I have an idea where some of these ideas are coming from, like the glass.. but lets fix the fact we can't use the glass when you get too far out from start, rather than throw a few un-needed scratches across it. That would be better, would it not..

On the whole, a good update again. Just those few things mentioned, that seem a little annoying.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.