Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.125 - Updated Character Model, New Ambient Sounds

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gampersnaz Trainee Engineer

When I am first person in a fighter cockpit and I thrust forward, my helmet clips in front of me and it blocks my view. Has anyone else run in to this?

2. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

I noticed this problem back when DX11 was first introduced. I haven't seen it lately as far as I can remember.

3. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

All "Wow Cool Nice Suit" bots MUST DIE!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. firestorm29 Trainee Engineer

I wanted to second this concept, but simply making damage models for glass using the scratched surface for damaged glass like how reactors bellow out green smoke. It'd help not spoil immersion by having glass damaged right after you're done or interior glass look like exterior, make it easier to maintain glaas by seeing which ones are damaged and won't put the models you made to waste.

5. Riph Trainee Engineer

Yes. Also when walking.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

What this game really needs is a button to disable camera spring constraints alltogether there are many incidents where just being too close to a station and rotating your camera snaps it back to first person usually triggering this bug or just preventing the character from using third person from inside a station

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well you can rest assured that there is a team devoted to bugfixing and code optimization, or more likely a team devoted to each. Then there are other people tasked with providing features and "artistic development". When those people finish something, and it's been determined that what they did doesn't crash the game (at least for them), it gets implemented because there's no reason not to do so. The fact that those types of things appear in the updates seems to suggest to some people that those things are some sort of priority and no one is paying attention to the real problems. The real problems are being addressed, and I hope to God no one is rushing them. I hope you are not one of those people that thinks the real problems have easy, quick solutions.

The glass is more a perfect example of the fact that every block in the game is a placeholder. Every last one of them is likely to change one way or another and probably several times. In that sense they're all half-finished. Your suggestion about the glass might be a good one, or it might crash the game. The fact that they haven't changed the glass back show's just how high a priority the glass is. It got changed because apparently that's what the Boss wanted. Not everyone was happy with the old glass. Many people didn't like the tint. I don't think people want to go back to the old glass as much as they would like to get clean, clear, scratch-free glass, which is not how the old glass was. Rather than waste time changing it back, they just moved on. Some day down the road it'll change again. It's not that important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Covertkiller70 Trainee Engineer

Could also be they are testing cosmetic damage for glass. I have a funny feeling that down the road when you build your glass it will be perfect. As it takes damage or as you drive through the planet, then you get your scratches/dirt/smudges. Idk how far down the road they are with being done with polishing things, but if they add one more thing for glass that would be my hunch.

As far as wasting dev time to get the new helmet in place, I don't think much had to be done. Many of the values of the effect of taking your helmet off is already in place. All they had to plugin was the animations and models, so all cosmetic, no front end. Don't need a dev for that really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I don't know if it would be an "over time" thing. It would probably be related to damage, if anything. The glass answer to block deformation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

The new updated space suit is a pretty cool addition for the game I think with the more polished suit detail and reflective visor, but I'm hopeful perhaps later on the face will be more customizable such as no beard or no frightened face expression? As for the ambient sounds I'm not sure what to think on that yet as I haven't heard too many so far, but I have some different questions I'd like to find some answers to.

First Question:
    Does the burst entry in the weapon code have, or will have, a setting in the code to allow single-press bursts or is this mainly limited to holding the button down? Really if there's going to be a burst mode it should be single-press to fire the full burst instead of holding it down and waiting for it to fire each shot in the burst. It doesn't make any sense to me how a weapon with a fixed burst count still requires holding the button down to fire the full burst. Instead of that, have it fire the full burst from a single trigger pull and if the trigger is pulled again, fire the next complete burst :). The only place that holding the trigger for bursts really belongs in-game is on a full auto weapon without any burst count limit applied to it, or if the burst setting fires complete bursts and holding it down just fires the next burst.

Second Question:
    Is there anything "possibly" in the works for new weapon projectiles such as gravity-effected grenades and rockets (mainly planetside, but maybe inside a gravity field too), seeker missiles from planetary rocket turrets, flamethrowers, very early plasma-based weapons, etc.? It would be awesome to get a little more variety for turrets (and player weapons too) that were not strictly limited to gatling and dumb-fire rocket types or, at the very least, new variants of them with better piercing force for bullet-based ammo that can break through more armor layers (and I mean more than 1 block deep at a time), or missiles/grenades with a projectile that scatters into a cluster at a fixed distance :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thales M. Senior Engineer

It scared me when I first saw it :D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Ok that's just creepy, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr_w Trainee Engineer

this is getting realy old.

messing things up with a giant **new** sticker .... about every 3 weeks.
    and trying to fix things you broke ages ago, with limited succes.
    while the game is getting more random 'n random. that you start wondering what whas in that drink you just had.
    im getting only more wonders of wth is gona become of this game and what the hell the devs are thinking.

please pleae fix things like randomness and netcode of this game, as it currently is take 5-10min till something random happends, like a unexplained freeze it does recover from or conectors being more explosive then the actual explosive. or wheels falling off at a server restart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Potter Apprentice Engineer

Those eyes...:stare: yikes.

Had this happen to me a few times as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

*eyes slowly peep over desk*
    It's almost time, people...
    *slowly sinks back under desk*

• Like Like x 3
  16. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

I am either seeing things, or we have a late update on our hands yet again.

If it is the latter, prepare the F5 squadrons and fleets.

17. Potter Apprentice Engineer

As if the fleet hasn't already been warned!

The Titan drF5es are already warmed, and the F5ghters are already making their second patrol pass.

We always knew this was a possibility... :woot:

18. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

Looks like this update is a late one. Mobilize all F5 Cruiser fleets to investigate the source of update tardiness.

F5 Dreadnoughts, standby for further orders.

19. Potter Apprentice Engineer

F5 Destroyers en route. Weapons ready, shields charged. F5ghter wings red, gold, and blue are scrambled. Awaiting further situation development.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.