Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.126 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. OrfanKrippler Apprentice Engineer

If I were to hazard a guess, not likely ever. C# is a windows-only technology (I'm aware of mono, not sure of its stability).

On a more promising note, it's nice to see that they're taking multithreading seriously. Should put all those cores to good use

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Can someone explain this one? I thought that conveyors are pretty straight forward - you connect them and they work. What's there to improve on that?
    Or does it actually mean the UI for the inventory?

3. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

@Drui @Deepflame MyResourceSourceComponent and MyResourceSinkComponent in ingame scripting is broken, which was added (by me) last week.
    FYI.

4. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

Someone can explain whats the physicsiteration=4 at dedicated server console?
    @Drui ?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Performance. Basically, every block that "does something" is more complex than the standard armor blocks and eat up more performance - one of the reasons why big ships lag and stutter so much. Conveyors in particular are notorious for eating massive amounts of Sim Speed; if i had to guess (and i do have to guess since i don't know dick about programming) it was either some bug or the conveyor system being active at all times instead of only when needed. Small ships probably won't even notice the improvements, but hot damn, big ships will. (This change should not affect the way they work.)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Keen please put good and amazing mods in the official content for not need to search in all the list and update day by day and download all the mods
    or take the ideas and implemented like official content
    Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Not sure I fully understand the "all blocks rewritten for multiplayer" thing or what side effects I should be watching for as a result of this, but if people are claiming faster load times and better world performance, I can dig it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kham Apprentice Engineer

It means how the game handles moving of items and gasses via conveyor systems. Super large grids with lots of conveyors caused a really big hit to performance, this is hopefully going to address that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

Optimization as far as how the game organizes the way everything is connected. It has to keep track of what is connected and in what order, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Potter Apprentice Engineer

What was your sim speed at before the update?

11. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Yes, we are pushing MP improvements for a long time now in smaller dosage.
    As for servers - well, you can actually help us a lot by starting to play again + giving us feedback on the bugsection here on forums. That way we can tweak and hunt every bug and performance issue that is bothering you. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Awesome work guys. =)

13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

0.6 to 0.8, depending where in the ship i was and what i was doing. I haven't done any work or checked busy areas but so far the 1.0 looks rocksolid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Thanks! That's actually very good to know.
    So that's why my performance dropped so much after I built a few hundred meters of pipeline and connected stuff... I thought it was just because of my base gradually getting bigger... Well I'll see how it does now. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. tharkus Junior Engineer

Cool update !
    I like now WHERE the door highlights :) , the part i dont like too much is the pulsing of it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. entspeak Senior Engineer

I remember seeing Marek say that the door wings should highlight in one of his streams. Thought it was a bad idea then, think it's a bad idea now. I don't like having this huge glowing thing occur simply because I'm near to and looking at a door. The console was good enough for me, I get the frame highlight, though - and it wasn't overly intrusive. Having the door wings highlight is just too much, imo.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Synyster Gates 2 Trainee Engineer

I was expecting something to go wrong in this update because whenever an SE update is released it destroys the things that were once normal. My world wont launch, it crashes the game even when i have 0 mods on it. Error:

016-03-17 20:34:05.765 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: Exception during objectbuilder read! (xml): MyObjectBuilder_Definitions
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.766 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at VRage.ObjectBuilders.MyObjectBuilderSerializer.DeserializeXML(Stream reader, MyObjectBuilder_Base& objectBuilder, Type builderType)
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.766 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to deserialize file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\DefinitionsToPreload.sbc'
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.766 - Thread: 1 -> MyDefinitionManager.PreloadDefinitions() - END
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.871 - Thread: 1 -> MySession::Unload END
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.881 - Thread: 1 -> RunLoadingAction - END
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.884 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.884 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.899 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.899 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.916 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.916 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.933 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.933 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.950 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.950 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.966 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.966 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.983 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:05.983 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.000 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.000 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.017 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.017 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.033 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.033 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.050 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-03-17 20:34:06.050 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=

Anyone can help? Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Cool thing with the door.
    Now get rid of the pulsing, fix the glass and let us look at the lcd screen without that annoying yellow thing.;)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Very happy to see improved loading times for heavily modded worlds. This will be a QOL change that reduces the objections to modding. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Is it a Server? Branch name sounds to me suspiciously like an incompatible SE-version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bronxae Apprentice Engineer

Glad to hear you guys focused on the MP stuff, also yay on getting antennas fixed, that was getting bloody annoying every time I connected / disconnected something from a connector it turned my antennas off. Now plz get Occulusion Culling working, its really harsh to force our computers to render things like a whole planet ....let alone 3 if they don't need to, aslo micro stutters (random freezes).

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Please make a bug report in the bug section here on forums and add the log - we will try to hotfix. Thanks a lot for your help!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Synyster Gates 2 Trainee Engineer

Thanks fot the reply. It is singleplayer
    Will do thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. EnjoyCoke Trainee Engineer

Performance improvements ftw.

25. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

Microsoft has been taking steps to make their products work on other platforms, so it might happen eventually.

just when you think everything has been highlighted, somebody will say "sometimes I can't see my glove, can you make it highlight so I can see it better?"

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. Potter Apprentice Engineer

This is great news. Maybe keep us updated on how the big build performance has changed?

27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I will! First order of business: crash the Tapping, as @Ulfsark suggested.

No real reason, i just wanna crash her again. Haven't done that in a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. Adrian175 Trainee Engineer

I ', not sire of its just me but i found the new sound really buggy, with things like not being able to hear grinders from 5 feat away.

29. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Nice - thank you guys :)

30. Riph Trainee Engineer

Hey! Somewhere between last update and this one, solar panels started recharging batteries across grids correctly. That is, if you have a large ship or station with solar panels, and dock a small ship with batteries, the solar panels will output 120/120 into the battery, instead of the weird bugged out state they were in before where the solar panels outputted 40/120 or thereabouts. Woot!

Edit: Ah fudge, it's still not 100%. I was able to make it bug out. Here's the steps:

Make a station with a connector solar panels and a battery.
    Make a smallship with a connector and battery.
    Dock the smallship to the station.
    Set smallship battery to Recharge.
    Set station battery to Discharge.
    Check the solar panels on the station. They are outputting 0/120

Edit 2: The workaround which produces the useful behavior is to set the smallship battery to recharge, and set the large battery to not discharge nor recharge (normal behavior.)

This will cause the solar panels and large battery to both work correctly in charging the smallship's battery.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.