Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.126 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

Nice update!

But rotors are still derpy. Now they always detach themselves when even the slightest force is applied to them (worse inside planet gravity).

On the flip side, none have actually exploded yet since the update, on our server.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

There is no fixing Rotors.

Yet.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

They're actually close. :D

We've been testing rotors stacked on rotors, with a block of armor on top to throw them off balance. Somehow they don't explode anymore and actually sync properly.

But that's only when they're facing upwards.

Side-facing or downward-facing on a planet, they just detach randomly.

On the upside, at least they don't desync when they detach anymore....

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Shabazza Junior Engineer

Hm. I'm somehow underwhelmed from this update.
    It feels like there should be much more bug fixes. At least if we compare it with the recent Medieval Engineer updates with really long fix lists.
    However, I realy can't judge how many complex fixes are in the queue right now. So in any case I'm appreciating every fix, including the minor ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Conveyor Performance is not a minor fix. This will help EVERYONE.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Nacon Junior Engineer

Some bug fixes are harder than others. But hey! there's always next week! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. theBartoszaks Trainee Engineer

Looks like 95% of the servers got down after the update. Also, dying takes 10-15 minutes now, meaning you can fly around with 0% hp. That makes raiding way too easy... Also the sim speed is at flux after the update, so that sucks aswell.

8. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Distant sounds are GREAT.

9. Echillion Senior Engineer

Nice fixes I hope the scratches have been buffed out of the glass surfaces? pretty please?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. FFaruk Trainee Engineer

BOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIING

• Disagree Disagree x 15
  11. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Keen, lemme just say...The Glass was awful, the pulsing is unneccessary; but this week you really blew yourself out of the water. Nice Job! I play with more than 20+ Mods at a time so faster downloading is much appreciated. Also Good to hear multiplayer is getting some much needed love.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

13. Potter Apprentice Engineer

I'm loading a world with 10+ asteroids, 3 planets and their moons, around 150 floating objects, 5 large ships, 2 of which have over 5000 blocks and the rest are around 1500ish, and about 70 mods in under 10 seconds. And sim speed refuses to budge from 1.0, at that. Granted, this is off an NVMe drive and high speed RAM and processor, but that is still very impressive. It's been a big and noticeable performance improvement. This update was great. I do have yet to test MP, but I left my rig on and the world is open. My buddy is going to (hopefully) get on soon and we will see how he fares.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

A good engineer doesn't ask those questions with words...he asks them with actions.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. BoxxyBrown Apprentice Engineer

Loving the optimizations. Next is threaded world loading? haha. Keep up the good work, guys!

16. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

@Drui - I heard the most interesting rumor the other day, "Drui has been replaced with a cybernetic version of his brain using man-machine augmentation processes. Oh NO! Drui's been 'replaced'"

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Leon_Trippler Trainee Engineer

Yes, please do that.. they were perfectly fine before and now you can't use em as SEE through anymore like a window's supposed to work. :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

I load my game after patch and now when come night its very light,no darkness in my planet,any happen same??im on alien planet

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

I am happy to see the bugfix fest continues.
    I might start to play again if I log on to a DS and don't find a bug in the first 5 minutes of play...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

I like the new fixes and mp improvements that have been added, I'm hopeful this helps reduce the lagging and phasing through ships now. On another note, is there any likely chance that "burstfirerate" will get added as a modifier for projectile weapon data? I really, really would like to get a fully operational 3-round burst rifle working, but at the moment I'm still trying to figure out how.

21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well, I'm glad to be wrong. :)

22. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Loading times seem improved, but suddenly the light bloom went through the roof after this patch. :/

23. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Very nice update! Love the fixes, thanks Keen!

24. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, for the last two weeks I have been unable to stream because SE was hogging my CPUs at 92-98% and when streaming gets turned on with OBS it goes to 98-100% and stream lags out.

As I am writing this today SE is using 58-62% so I might try streaming later.

Oh, and B4 RAM allocation was 74-80%, now it's 64%.

:carlton::pbjt::carlton:

• Like Like x 3
  25. Aurex Trainee Engineer

I really don't know what you did, but after this update the game will crash when loading any savegame - no matter what my graphical settings are, same "out of memory" message I've been getting since last week's update. Apparently, whatever caused this starting from last week is getting worse. Did every kind of hardware and software test (ram test, gpu/cpu tests, cache...) with no issues at all, even performed a fresh install of windows 8.1. with just steam, directx, videocard drivers and space engineers. Game keeps sending me back to the desktop telling me there's, apparently, no memory. Here's the issue --->

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/01...ption-hresult-0x8007000e-memory-leak.7380909/

26. willem.huiskamp Trainee Engineer

For me this update did wonders. It seems like all the small code improvements of the last week come together. Gained a steady 10 FPS in my game. Currently on a planet in single-player. Went from 10-12 FPS to a wonderfull 18-24+ FPS. That is a huge improvement.

Oh, and for those that wonder, my system has an I7-3770 @3,3 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, and a NVidia GTX 650 Ti with 1GB RAM on it. My OS is Win10. So with that GPU I am so glad to even play at those speeds. I am seriously thinking about an upgrade for that later this year.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  27. BlackRedDead Apprentice Engineer

wow, from a decent anoying effect to a shouting "hey you stupid player - do you know that im a door because you havent seen it already? - you can open me, open me now! - i said open me now or i will burn your eyes!!!" -.-#
    or just an option to turn it off!?
    we all agree that the new system to open doors is good - but pls dont trow it on us! - were not stupid! :)
    please fix that, look at S - Realistic Door Highlight thats a nice simple higlighting and remembers on the times where you need to point on the keypad to open a door :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. nateman2000 Trainee Engineer

That is a freakin SWEET ship. ;) Nice choice and design.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  29. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

This is all well and good, but we STILL NEED to be able to delete PLANETS! more then anything, planet spam is the biggest problem in multiplayer! Admins need to be able to delete planets using alt f10!

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. DMATH Trainee Engineer

Autopilot

Will be fixed?

Soon

Very soon

I can almost taste it

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.