Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.126 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

It's not the Enterprise!!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Can you verify if conveyors are effected also? Last night I was checking the conveyor system on a small platform in a test world with all the refining and production blocks on it, and strangely enough the assembler seemed to not pull the refined materials out of my refinery through the conveyor when I queued up a weapon/tool. The assembler was right against my refinery so there wasn't very far to go. Is it a matter of deleting and replacing conveyor-using blocks or is that fully resolved now?

3. Kham Apprentice Engineer

I haven't run into any issues today so far, though I doubt that's fixed sadly. There have been on going conveyor issues since a few patches ago with things not updating properly or pulling through when they should etc. I've been running into them constantly, usually it's ok if I just never leave a base but if I go anywhere and come back the conveyor system stops working until I relog.

4. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Damn right, It's a pretty Galaxy class ship, not necessarily the Enterprise ;)

Beautiful construction though I have to say, but it has one of those horridly newfangled STO-esque 6-digit registry numbers by the looks of it. I am not a fan! D: (Who cares though, that's some lovely craftsmanship)

I really want to get into building some stuff like that. I miss mega-building! I wish I could get my ass in gear and build a D'Deridex, but it'd probably take the rest of my life! That's why I've put Babylon 5 on hold.

5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

100431-C. You're hitting the jackpot with STO, actually; i named the first SE-Galaxy i built after the Torpedo Boat Galaxy i used over there: U.S.S. Amanda Tapping, NCC-100431 (she was a Dreadnought, though).

Do it! NOW's the time!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

now all I need is an Lantean Cityship.
    And first thing to get that are radial shields

7. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Ahh, the wonderful Amanda Tapping, a great tribute to name your ship after her ^.^

And I would, but I need to find the time to actually do it. I was considering building a Danube class runabout on my server to finally take me to the stars, but it might just end up turning into something odd and unnecessarily large - like my creations always do!

8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

You gotta name one Queen of Science Fiction after another. Everything else'd be heresy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. xiojade Trainee Engineer

That is of course, very very true! yes! it is!... yep... *quickly changes his ship name* ahem!

10. Sjonnieloper Trainee Engineer

9 drills, connected to 4 conveyor sorters set to whitelist ice and stone,they unload the goods into 16 ejectors to drop, the fifth conveyor sorter is set to drain all specified ores iron,nickel.. all specified... behid the 5th conveyor sorter is a large container, another conveyor sorter is set to drain all ores into a second medium container(it drains the large container) this was the conveyro i set to blacklist stone after i found the stone was moving through the whole inventory.

Game is a survival mode 1-1-1 dedicated server,

If you guys need Beta testers ill be a volounteer!,

This way you destroy the fun of many of youre fans, some beta testing before uploading the patch for the main public could save us alot of trouble trying to rebuild broken stuff, or in this case resorting my whole inventory in my automated factory..

It took me 5 minutes after the update to realise stuff was going BANG in the dark... a Beta test ..

Well now im ranting..

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

Drui can you please update the changelog with the hotfix notes? It'd be nice to know what actually got fixed and what we have to wait a week on.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Nope, it just leads to the forums via steam overlay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Just tried it.
    Wow! the glass is really clear now.
    Thanks for the tip!:tu:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

I asked around and got you guys some patchnotes:

here Update 007 (James Bond!)
    - fixed crash when connectors where throwing items out
    - fixed crash when players were joining DS
    - fixed crash when one mod was added twice or three times into the console
    - fixed refineries not pulling items
    - fixed scripts are broken on DS services

Can you send me a blueprint of your ship? That should be working just fine, I tested double and triple sorter setups. But maybe I missed out on some very specific edge case.
    One small part of the friday fixes was a very specific edge case involving multiple grids, connectors, pistons, the whole shebang. :)

I lolled :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

Has anyone else noticed on Dedicated servers ship speed is linked to sim speed? I tried joining a server for the first time and was immediately turned away by that. Oh well.

• Late Late x 5
  16. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Pile of bugs fixed that I never came across. More new bugs introduced that I do come across. Nothing fixed that is currently halting my progress. Looks like another week of not playing. Good luck with the next patch! Try not to break more than you fix next time, yeah?

(enter the fanboi hate disagreements in three... two... one...)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Riph Trainee Engineer

My game's running pretty great. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Omega Ryu Trainee Engineer

@ Any KEENSWH Dev.
    I run a high end DS setup with multiple worlds and we used to only have issues with the well known bugs (realtime renderthread fullups with useless stuff stalls your occasional batterie and solarpanel bug also some landing gear rotor piston abuse).
    Where no bug would crash the world so i was glad the dedicated server was really robust. (mostly stuff crashed the client and after rejoin the world would just keep on goin)
    However i had to pull all servers offline due to a massive problem!!!

The log files created by the DS setup write aprox. 2000 (yes 2K) lines per second! making a log of 3MB(MegaByte) for world that has been online for a minute.
    I had to pull the populair servers offline because i run on SSD's for performance. however space is limited and log files for a couple of hours take up as much as 10GB (GigaByte)!

Multiple forums are also discussing this and we need to have this fixed (nearly 9/10 servers are offline due to this)

Please make another hotfix for this! players do not want to wait nearly a week for a fix.

19. Obsidiancakes Trainee Engineer

I've noticed that setting catwalk blocks to be as 0° S: -100 V: -100 makes them turn grey instead of black. And any color coordinates slightly above those work as expected.

20. Devon_v Senior Engineer

They realized that replacing the code was a waste of time because they could actually do a Steam/Raknet hybrid that would work as well, so they've been rewriting objects in the net code patch by patch. As of this one, all the block messages are now in new code. They still need to multi-thread the functional blocks (that is being done right now, but it's still crashing) but MP is way more stable than in used to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. MGiannaris Trainee Engineer

Keen Space Engineers is best game out. I like spacesuits, but on Earth like planets and inside oxygen filled rooms do you need spacesuit on. Need jumpsuits like NASA has or a lightweight suit.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. cfssteve Trainee Engineer

Conveyors seem to have a problem since the 'optimization'. The smallest amount of damage renders them inactive and you need to replace them entirely end-to-end to get them to work again.

23. chrisb Senior Engineer

I would agree with that. Some sort of casual type gear would be nice.

Update wise.. Another positive move forward. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

i have the feeling they are trying to push it to beta...
    but one thing...
    The Desync will find you, and it WILL kill you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Pro3Display Apprentice Engineer

engineer need his space suit on to stay alive, i'll explain:
    have you seen your power unit's output?
    have you seen any wires on your ship/station?
    obviously electricity is transferred directly through the steel hull of your ship- engineer would die if he touch anything without his suit on
    immersiveness confirmed

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

D:

I'm probably going to repost this in several places. This is on version 1.126

I will gather more videos of the insane shenanigans that have been taking place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

nice.....finally they work on netcode - pls Keen tell my why u add these ugly highlightings? It's just ugly and if u are not very dumb, u know where u have placed ur doors :')

//EDIT:

Server-Sim-Speed on most Server with 5+ people is <0.5

This game needs a 1.0 sim speed sry -.-

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

Yeah our server have a same problem some car and ship do this i need to remove becuse the sim speed 0.12 is low as hell , we dont know is landing gear or wheel problem or anyelse but really annoying joining game and massive slowdown

29. shmafoozius Trainee Engineer

This "feature" was implemented quite a few patches ago which should have fixed rubberbanding.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

You should reproduce this bug in a new World. Then write a report, please.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.