Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.127 - Improved autopilot, wheels replacement

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

My apologies, it was F11.

Here's the screenshots I took with the that turned on:

It seems to move a few cm up, not sure if that would affect it, and I can't tell if that's the model, code, or just the camera angle.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. frannic Apprentice Engineer

The devs know we don't like the glass.
    (not counting the few that do)
    Would be nice to see at least a reaction from a dev if this is being worked on.

Will the glass be changed?
    Do the scratches stay?
    Will it have build stages?

This is the cyberhounds all over again.
    Nobody like it, it took a modder an hour to turn off explosions and how long did we have to wait for the devs to do it?

Just communicate something.
    It has been for weeks now and the only thing we "know" about it is what is being said in live streams.

Instead of this happy patchmas feeling i got before, i feel dissapointed every week because i expect the glass to be changed.
    This is all on me, i know, and you can't do it all and you sure can't do it right for everyone.
    But come on, how much time would it take to put the the old texture back until you have the time to change it properly?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeltaOps Trainee Engineer

Please, KSWH, focus your minds on getting rid of that nasty block placement lag! I can't build properly with it ><'''

4. ThyCrusader Trainee Engineer

I'm still looking for a way to disable this feature.

5. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

You can mod it out by setting UsePositionForSpawn to false in the ship prefabs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. ThyCrusader Trainee Engineer

I did that, and I deleted all but two ships from RespawnShips.sbc, but the changes doesn't take affect, something seem to override it.

EDIT: It works on the dedicated server, but not in singleplayer.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  7. Mikiy Trainee Engineer

Noticing the same on our ds, had like 0.75 before and 0.25 after the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. chrisb Senior Engineer

Another good update. Shame I put the first post in the wrong update thread.
    Still, good steady progress.. ;)

9. Riph Trainee Engineer

So this got me thinking. At time of writing, Schnitzel has 33 disagrees and 5 agrees. Do we have any survey data on how people play Space Engineers? How about how they want to play Space Engineers in the future? I ask because I hear a lot of talk about adventures on DS multiplayer servers. This is a feature that I care not at all about, and every developer hour spent on it is being wasted, from my point of view. I guess I'm joining the wrong servers, but it just seems to be DayZ all over again, with some nameless dickbag grinding your medstation and then grinding you.

What I'm here for is fun virtual legos, something I get in SP just fine.

(Side note, something that might actually get me to play MP is more structure. Space Engineers is just crying out for a Team Gold Rush scenario.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

ohh yeh we need doorhighlighting :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

Its more visible when with small grids and when on vehicles, as it lifts up that entire section of the vehicle. The dev menu doesnt quite do anything useful anymore for wheels. If it showed the boundaries of it then that'd be grand. However it doesn't anymore.

12. Kham Apprentice Engineer

I was really hoping that the ability to "replace wheels" would mean I'd no longer have to strip out huge chunks of my vehicles around where the wheels go, no such luck. :(
    I challenge the validity of the clip in the video too where you're driving a ground vehicle around throwing it off drops and what not without it taking any damage. Last I checked, hitting so much as a graphic glitch on the ground is usually enough to tear the vehicle apart. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, actually, yes. If this were real, your luxury space yacht would be getting constant attention and every nick and scratch would get annihilated by someone you're paying just to do that. Unfortunately, since this is a game, what's "real" is relative. The blocks that come with the game were made for mining machines and structures that have been working, not luxury space vessel and domiciles. You might not go near a mining site, but your ship was made with parts from one. The other thing that's "real" in the game is that blocks look the same throughout their lifespan, and they don't start out "new". Since there is no "ageing" mechanic, the default texture is worn, scratched and dented, the game equivalent of "middle age". That "brand new" block you just welded up will already look like it's been through the wringer. You're not placing a brand new block so much as you are placing, or replacing, a used one.

You speak of space in it's natural state. The game takes place when humans have inserted themselves into space with abandon. The results are... predictable.

Yes, that's what happens. They chose not to make a clear interior glass, although they did chose to make an interior armor block. Curious.

This gets brought up a lot. It sounds like a good idea. I just wonder how annoying that would get after a while, running around fixing every window that's not perfect just because the game will ultimately and eventually scratch it up. Five minutes after this mechanic gets instituted there will be a mod to disable it. People want their brand new stuff to stay brand new, without effort. It's a lot simpler for everyone if the game does not have to keep track of what your windows have been through in order to determine if they need to be scratched. They made worn, scratched and dented the default. If you prefer perfect, spend a modicum of effort and download a mod.

I think you will find that when this game gets on the Xbox where mods are prohibited, those players will likely be less interested in the textures and happy to use what's available.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Petite_patte Trainee Engineer

So HAPPY !!!!

After this update i get a message unsupported graphics card !!! I'm wondering how i can play more than 800 hours before this update with an "unsupported graphics card" .... !

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

thanks for the post update

16. Tygra Trainee Engineer

Create a profile in the graphics control panel for SE and force using the dedicated card.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TheNudeNerd Trainee Engineer

Some actual documentation on how to adjust the respawn location would be nice, seeing as how my changing it to true so far has not made the ships spawn at the location given in their .sbc

18. TheNudeNerd Trainee Engineer

You can't just delete the original ships, unfortunately. You have to change the <Ship> tag that starts each ship you want to disable to <Ship Enabled = "false"> and leave any you want enabled with just the <Ship> tag. Make sure you do NOT change the </Ship> tag.

19. Mr_w Trainee Engineer

only the glass huh? ever considered using a mod?

what i find an issue is the game hanging randomly, this crap been in there since planets.. and the netcode also doesnt inpress me much.
    you would think they invest time in some stabilty, dont get me wrong, the wheels not taking off by them own is a good thing. but its still not good enough

all these 'fantastic' features dont meen annything if the game engine remains like this. i meen i can expect the game to hang within 10min..
    on DC servers i can expect to lag out even when im on local network.
    you'll deal with that a couple of times but its been now 45 patches ago since things reasonable worked. and im getting slightly upset here. but ill refrain myself.

let me point out *AGAIN* that version channels would solve alot allowing us to just roleback to whatever we like.

20. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Very fair. I guess the best answer for whatever one may think, is that it's just a game. And there are certainly more mining vessels than luxury space yachts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

There's another update today with 39.0 MB but not mentioned in changelog. What did change? Please let us know respectively take more care about the log -- I'd appreciate it!

22. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Yey updated with hotfix : D

23. Wolverine Trainee Engineer

This is why i run MY own server, so me and my buddies can play together, with the occasional public random player that pops on to check out the server. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Kham Apprentice Engineer

They did actually update the OP with the hotifx notes this week for a change. :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

protip: the funny rating is a positive one, not a negative one. Don't get worked up about it, it's a complementary rating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. firestorm29 Trainee Engineer

I think many people are forgetting the reason why glass was changed in the first place, to avoid the problem of not being able to tell where glass is or isn't. Remember watching Sage for instance on the joint survival not being able to tell where glass was missing. It's simply that super scratched out of nowhere broke immersion too much. So they need to start from scratch yet again (no pun intended)

So what of my interior glass? Should my CO'S glass office wall with many armor blocks between that and space be puck marked simply because we're in space?

Also, I think that scratched glass damage models help maintain glass because I don't need to rub my face or a wielding ship to tell if my glass needs replacing or not. If someone wants to spend hours maintained a perfect surface because of a meteor storm, pirate raid or bumping into an asteroid, that's thier problem to sort out. Luxury looks in space should require the extra maintenance simply because it's in space.

27. jb_aero Trainee Engineer

Exactly! wtf is this BS. I was playing on planets two weeks ago, and my card remains within their listed requirements.

EDIT: hmm, it seems to be a specific world that is crashing my driver. No idea what it could be since I named it "delete me", but I'm guessing I should trust my past self's judgement.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Yes i do.
    And there are some very good ones out there.
    Problem is you can't use them if the server owner doesn't put it in.
    For singleplayer this is indeed a good workaround.
    But nothing more than a workaround because when i place a window, i do so with the intention to look through the window. As it is now, you can't. (well sometimes you can, depends on the light and angle)

29. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Thanks KSH.

30. derpy87 Trainee Engineer

for some reason I keep feeling like he needs to wear a mustache when explaining the updates.

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.