Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.128 - New Animation System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Ohhh, I get it, I'm so slow today... I thought they'd do something in game, then I noticed it was just the DS -console-.

I think I need to get some coffee...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

pls add ability to deactivate the LOG that we can toggle it when the logflood goes wild

• Like Like x 1
  3. xiojade Trainee Engineer

I wonder if he means that this will fix the odd issues on my DS where if I leave an area for a while, when I come back I see half a ship clamped to the ground, and the other half sitting motionless in the sky. I'd love to think that it fixes where things have fallen off of connectors and blown a hole in the base... That'd make it a worthwhile fix for me because right now it seems dangerous to keep things clamped (because of the odd bug where they sometimes just float away) OR on a connector - which used to be the "safer" way...

Also, I completely agree. I haven't had it quite as bad as some people, but after 6 hours I had like a 150mb log file filled with spam. It does seem a little excessive, since even opening the file takes a handful of seconds... seconds that would be better used to accidently destro.. I mean, 'test' some new creations ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Zanzikahn Trainee Engineer

- fixed some cases of ships synchronized, DS

What exactly is this fix? Is there somewhere I can view details of these fixes?

Overall, good update. :) Excited about the animation feature!

5. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

Yeah I know they need to get them to stop crashing into planets, I mean more along the lines of allowing us to enable them in asteroid worlds etc again... Needing to constantly start up a world and such, close, edit the save file etc is just a nuisance. And the option for people who don't know how to edit this, their option was to load a world in dx9, close / reload dx11, which with the removal of dx9 support in future updates, means that method is now shut off no?

Just my thoughts, but as you said some modders have gotten them to work, and there was even a mod I messed around with that does MOSTLY work with or without planets to do just that, and they avoid crashing into planets for most part. So that being said, it shouldn't be to hard to add an exception to the code to prevent them from spawning within say 20/30km of a planetary body when the check process happens to create the new spawn drifting by.

Anyways I think my 2k + hours of playtime on SE will remain as such till those are added back in, not a fan of the spiders nor dogs, and pirate stations are to random. Guess I'll continue checking patch notes till my magic patchmas comes around....hopefully....

6. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

idk but now when i run on ground with gravity i just slide there very slow :woot: and jumping like no gravity. So animation looks like dancing when going :')

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE !!!

I hope thats a bad trolling Joke for 1st April? Or do you guys don't check your updates before releasing it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Could be addressing the sync issue that some ships would be invisible as a player was flying them toward another player. Speculation of course.
    It would be nice, because that bug also causes a client crash if the player who's ship is desynced gets damaged.

9. Deathstalker206 Trainee Engineer

nvidia broke the 500, 600, and 700 series on their own....

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Thanks for the fixes :)

11. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

guys???? pls check the new trolling bug on DS....... jumping in gravity is like no gravity, jetpack is slow and unsmooth, u just slide on ground and can't sprint in gravity.

So why?

There are 2 Possibilities:
    - 1st: Keen is trolling for tomorrow 1st. April
    - 2nd: Keen fucked up very bad

I hope it's #1 but i think it's #2

don't understand the instant like on the thread withou checking it before

12. tharkus Junior Engineer

Awesome update ! i would love to see teasers about the new DX11 models.
    also, " dont drink and jump drive" ... why? .. is so funny to do that :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nosocalypse Trainee Engineer

Still no "Gravity Generator recoil" game setting checkbox?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

Unfortunately, no, that hell continues...

• Like Like x 2
  15. xiojade Trainee Engineer

Ohhh I didn't realise it was still disabled for asteroid-only worlds. Admittedly we haven't really tried asteroids only since Planets was introduced. My bad, sorry ^^

16. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

How are the sim speed issues looking on DS? As of last week, it was nearly impossible to escape a gravity well with the sim speed constantly tanking and resetting your craft speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. lovebird_mic Trainee Engineer

YAY! More updates! I'd like to say 2 things:
    Not sure if this has been brought up or if this is even the right place. I just wanted to get this down before I forgot what I was going to say. Anyway, I made a fighter (Star wars, clone wars V-wing with hyperdrive ring. Hyperdrive being 2 jump drives) and I used a merge block to connect the ship with the hyperdrive ring, but at times, I'd disconnect from the ring and I'd loose my tool bar. So I'd have to press G and put everything into the toolbar again. The ship's tool bar, not my player's. Like, main engine on/off, jump drive "jump" option, etc. I was using a few mods in the ship, so possibly a problem with the fact a mod added the 1x1x1 merge block for small ships. Whether or not it was the mod breaking or not, on to my next point, a small ship merge block. I know there is a merge block already for the small ships, but having on in the vanilla game that is 1x1x1 (or .5 meters cubed) might open the door for more builds, along with smaller builds! Anyway, thanks and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I just joined the forums and I don't normally use forums. Again, thanks! KEEN up the great work, devs! (Heh heh?)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Nice! I hope that wheel replacement also covers wheels that had to be placed and then copy/pasted onto vehicles because of the large box boundary obstacle, can't always get a decent cover above them and have the wheel appear otherwise. Nice going on the new animations there too, its looking much better. :)
    On another note though, I really would like to know if any plans are in place to still add new projectiles soon? specifically a shotgun spread tracer effect and single click bursts?

19. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

Still no change to the hideous windows?

• Like Like x 1
  20. lostjounin Trainee Engineer

Great update KEEN!! Good riddance to DX9, that is still a thing? Lol!

21. Devon_v Senior Engineer

You realize that would actually make them LESS realistic, yes? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. ThyCrusader Trainee Engineer

The planetlander now spawns 400km away from earth in the middle of empty space... Thanks, an update broke my server again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  23. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

pls guys u can't tell me u have no problems on DS with sprinting doesn't work, jumping is like no gravity, just sliding on ground(no animation), jetpack is not smooth.....pls tell me we are not alone, but saw that also on 3 other tested servers.....pls tell me because i hate this update :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. deathcat99 Trainee Engineer

God I hope you are right. this is ridiculous did they even test it on DS? i know they didn't test it at all last week either....

• Like Like x 1
  25. Kerovan Trainee Engineer

I hit CTRL-Shift-N, but it didn't create a new folder! New Folder support is broken. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Well, good news as always.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. Bolex Trainee Engineer

Hello!
    Thanks for the new fancy animation Update :) Here's how it work on our Dedicated server <3

my jetpack just won't fly upwoards maybe just ocasionally but most of time hitting Space just makes me decend uncontrollably

...sorry for my english

\Best Wishes your big fan

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Haldarion Trainee Engineer

Can you fix bug? We can't play on ALL servers

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

I still ask myself everyday why people still have 32 bit, or windows XP...

Win XP I can sorta get, because some people just like it that way, but it is not supported anymore, no updates coming, so why should the rest do it?
    32 bit, that is really a joke these days and thank god for deleting DX9 support, now you guys can really focus on DX11 and maybe even DX12?

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Inaptitude Trainee Engineer

Doesn't moving to 64-bit make it impossible to host servers under Wine?

I've read at this site: that Wine doesn't seem to like the 64-bit version, which I take to mean; it won't work.

This would make me very upset, and I will have to cancel my rented server today, before I end up paying for a month needlessly :'(

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.