Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.128 - New Animation System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. rexxar Senior Engineer

That's what I'm saying. They can't enable cargo ships in the asteroid scenario because there is no guarantee no one will paste a planet. Breaking saves is not acceptable, so they won't re-enable cargo ships until the spawn code gets fixed. Not even giving a warning is good enough. Permanently breaking a save is not, in any case, an acceptable risk. If you want it that badly, Keen left the setting in your save file. If you really, really want to risk losing your save, you can open it up and manually enable the setting. Keen could have disabled that, but they left it in so people can still get cargo ships.

As RayvenQ said, I already fixed cargo ships. I've been talking with the developers, and my fix should make it into the game soon. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed this week, actually.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

It's all good, we've dealt with these windows for how long now? Flickering spotlights, custom skins choking players of o2 lol.... It's no big deal, I was just getting a little impatient week after week since planets finally rolled around lol.... :D

I think I'll refrain from trolling their discord on a minor feature, especially hearing that it is in fact being worked on, guess I should have just waited one or two more weeks.

3. rexxar Senior Engineer

Since there are so many people asking about cargo ships in here:

I fixed cargo ships a few weeks ago for SESE. Last week I cleaned up the code and submitted it to Keen. I've been talking to Deepflame on Discord, and he told me that he'll be merging the fix into the game within the next few weeks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. combatsmithen Trainee Engineer

Well hey! This patch broke more than it fixed! Sim speed is even lower than before. It was .3-.4 before the patch, now its .2 and below. Earth's gravity is like the moon when you jump, running at a grand total speed of 1.6 m/s. Tried landing the atmospheric lander. Intertia dampeners are on. Waiting for engines to kick in. They never did. Then SPLAT! At the last 10 seconds I tried manually thrusting to avert smashing. The engines didn't even FIRE AT ALL! They just sat idle! Keen. I hope you release a hotfix for all this, because I don't want to wait another week to try and hope that bugs are fixed. Get everyone working on fixing bugs BEFORE adding new things like animations! Oh yeah. 1 more bug. The log generating issue still isn't fixed and that is causing sim speeds to drop even more! It may have gotten worse! This is just my 2 cents on this patch.

P.S. ATMO THRUSTERS DONT WORK AT ALL

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  5. Ricktor87 Trainee Engineer

Okay time to go rebuild my destroyer and prep then I guess lol.... Thanks man for all your work. I'd give you a cookie, but I don't think fedex is that fast. And KSH of course. :tu: Kudos

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

I sympathize, but that's not really their problem, Keen explicitly say there is no linux support for the foreseeable future. You should have gotten a windows based server.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

Do they forgot to announce that there are a new feature??? u can disable shadows now

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 12
  8. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Shouldn't it be Ctrl+Click for Select multiple independant options?; I never had to play with the shift button before...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RayvenQ Moderator

It's been like that for a few patches now.

10. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

And where did they say this exactly? Quote sources. - I've not read anything to that effect?

11. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

but we are slower then before now :/

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. cle Trainee Engineer

see you next 2-3 weeks (or months) ....

no real MP bugfixes.....
    and the other bugfixes are only cosmetical.....

i'm very disappointed from these "bugfixes" ....

this was the last game i bought on early-alpha-access...it costs me to much nerves ;( ^^

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. g4borg Apprentice Engineer

Ooh and ahh. Well.
    Good luck to Michal with the Camera. Keep those Quaternions stable! Srsly.
    Very nice presentation. Understandable that 64 bit gets priority with the scope of the project. Might get a bit sad for some, but hey, its a voxel space game....
    Good to hear animations get data driven, albeit this is more like an engine feature, which I would have expected... however since you do your own engine, nice to see such additions.

Only negative: DS launcher is nice, and so on, but does that all also work nicely from a console already?
    I still hope instead of GUI DS BS i can one day make a ./steamcmd.sh install of a space engineers server on linux, and it just works.
    Srsly.
    If you do not see the wisdom in that, everything will be for nothing in the end.
    Might not be agreed upon by all players, but players dont always think long term. Be stubborn about the right development choices.
    Dont wait until a competitor comes up with "hey wait, i could do that in Unreal and it would be actually working on all servers..."

(Srsly, ark shows, the 90s are finally over, clean install via steamcmd on anonymous mode, steam integration and server query protocol, despite being an unreal engine game, except the fact it cant update its mods automatically anonymously via steamcmd, its like things have seriously changed there; even official wiki entry about a systemctl script, they take micro communities dead serious, and its much less interesting as micro community game than this)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Phattty3 Trainee Engineer

whan you buy a new graphics card?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

I didn't drink, but my jump drive crashed anyways.
    Ship was operating on 2 batteries, so upon hitting jump the ship went into power starving while the countdown was going (as if the jump drive uses the power before actually jumping)
    After jump was completed I had a CTD.

16. Riph Trainee Engineer

Forgive me for suggesting such a terrible kluge, but has anyone tried emptying out their log file and then write protecting it? It's an ugly fix but it might let you limp along until Keen fixes it proper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. combatsmithen Trainee Engineer

Yeah the 500 is really old now. Even the 660 is starting to show its age. 780 is still good somewhat.

18. jb_aero Trainee Engineer

Not everyone has money to waste on windows licensing fees.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. MrBeeMonster Trainee Engineer

think for april fools Keen as discontinued support for old computers while giving everyone more computer parts they can never get rid of

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Phil Hoerner Trainee Engineer

character pulsating like he is out of breath lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Numerator irrelevant?

+1 on the thanks KSH

22. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Directly from their FAQ :whatever:
    Q: Are you considering Linux, Mac, Xbox, PS3 or any other port?
    A: Space Engineers has already been announced for XBOX One. We are also considering other platforms (for the future), but for now we are focusing on the Windows and XBOX One version.

This includes the dedicated server tools. When asked whether it was planned:

It's not even planned, let alone in development.

Again, not Keen's problem until they say they are releasing a linux version. No where have they said they support Wine.
    Also, if you don't have the money to "waste" running a [rented] dedicated server box...you probably shouldn't be. It's literally a couple dollars more a month for the windows license at most good hosters. If they try to charge you 15+ more a month, they're trying to rip you off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Ranger Trainee Engineer

That is a Negative. Overall speed yes. But not at the rate of acceleration. I could reach 25 M/s playing SP, Playing MP, Or playing on any other MP server at the same rate up until this patch. Before it was taking maybe 2 seconds to reach 25 M/s if that long. Now with the sim speed down its taking roughly 6 to 10 seconds or perhaps longer to reach the same speed. Multiple people on the server I normally play on have been FAR overshooting their targets ( some of which have lead to catastrophic crashes into other ships or asteroids ) as the rate of decelleration also seems to have slowed to a crawl. This has not been the case up until this recent patch. Something has changed in regards to acceleration and deceleration.

24. Esmea Trainee Engineer

For the first time in 5 months, my server is stopped for more than to just update/restart... the patch broke it that hard.
    Oh sure, I could log in and everything looked fine, at first... and then I exited the cryopod. I couldn't move.
    If I look around hard enough, it kills me.
    I suppose I'll patiently wait until an update comes out to fix everything broken today.

25. vader86 Trainee Engineer

Though additions to the game are welcomed by me, typically, this one has almost ruined the game. I have disabled headbob in this game and all my other games because it causes me to be motion sick. This new animation where the 1st person camera randomly roves around as if the avitar I'm playing is bored is nausiating. I have logged over 2,300 hours on this game and would hate to stop having to play it because I get motion sick everytime I try to play it.

26. Nosocalypse Trainee Engineer

If you rename them into "force generator" or "attraction generator" for the purpose of gameplay, you would not stick with failed analogy with real gravity, and can focus to gameplay balance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. Kham Apprentice Engineer

It's a LOT worse now, and I'm pretty sure it's not intentional. Even walking on the ground with your jetpack off is now tied to sim speed. With the current massive drop in server sim speed since a couple of patches ago, that means I can't walk faster than 2m/s now and even turning around with the mouse seems to be affected. It's completely unplayable.

Edit: Here's a video I just made of me full on sprinting and then rotating the camera/character with the mouse. As you can see, this is not normal behaviour of the speed being tied to sim speed which we've had to deal with for the last couple of months.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Schnitzel 2 Apprentice Engineer

New Feature: Shadows can be disabled :)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Obsidiancakes Trainee Engineer

I notice your abundance of graphics cards

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. infernoComplex Trainee Engineer

this happend After the update on ouer server ....
    please ignor the voices in the video

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.