Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.128 - New Animation System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Thank you for demonstrating EXACTLY what I am talking about!!! Its hard enough to run around with an unloaded mining ship with the current state of the game. Imagine if it was loaded down with ore.

2. Koopa Trainee Engineer

Am I the only one that have noticed that the welding speed in the world option has change? It,s now 0.5x, 2x or 5x.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. chrisb2e9 Trainee Engineer

Thats why it's taking so long!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. combatsmithen Trainee Engineer

I think keen really F**ked up alot of things in this patch, sim speed, gravity, thrusters, intertial dampeners. Just to name a FEW. There is much much more wrong. Also planet lighting seems to have gotten WORSE and more laggy

5. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Goodbye DX9. Looked soooooo much better than DX11. I got a mixed feeling of being pissed off and sadness. I guess Spock law of what is useful to many, wins over what is useful to the few. The few of us that actually paid to have quality graphics at good FPS bite the dust over cheap graphics for those who are too cheap to buy a good video card. Sorry nothing personal guys, just pissed.

DX11
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558450815

DX9
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505179583

Really!!!

6. Thales M. Senior Engineer

You should adjust lights in DX11.

7. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Wheels don't respect cockpit orientation anymore. My cars are broken. Some on workshop work ok.

8. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

This is with lights OFF. there is NO light to adjust...
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558450815

This is with lights ON:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558450843

I paid 1100$ for a video card just to play space engineers, and that ois what I am left with. I think I got the right to be pissed.

it says I played 1.6 hours the last 2 weeks, I think it is not accurate, I just loaded the game long enough to apply the patch and check it out.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/pegasuseg519/games/

9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

KAPUT!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Thales M. Senior Engineer

That is insanely bright.

11. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Well from the looks of it. You got jacked. Something is up with your lighting. Thats the only difference I see. been using dx11 and I have no lighting issues like you are having. So that looks to me like a client side issue. What have you dont to try and resolve the issue?

12. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

Don't drink and jumpdrive. (Say that 5x fast)
    Friends don't let friends jump drive drunk.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Everything. This is after I tweak every bit of settings.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581678915

noticed the bright ship on the right? can't get away with it. NVidia GTX 980 TI. That's what I got. I think it is a too new of a video card and It won't get addressed because everybody seems to play with older cards... look at post on first page... 500 series AH!.

14. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

1-3 years... How long do you think this game has been out for there to be up to 3 years of messes? I would say that there is really only a 1 year period where things got a little wonky. But at least they are STILL pumping out updates and fixes. Aside from recent frame loss on ATI GPUs and ship speed being limited by sim speed on servers, I actually haven't had much to complain about in the 2 years of development...

EDIT - With that being said, I'm not intending for this to mean "Stop complaining blah blah blah." I'm all about your voice being heard, just thought the 1-3 year bit was kinda funny.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. combatsmithen Trainee Engineer

Here is what i posted earlier in this thread. and ill say it again to let everyone know all the problems

"Well hey! This patch broke more than it fixed! Sim speed is even lower than before. It was .3-.4 before the patch, now its .2 and below. Earth's gravity is like the moon when you jump, running at a grand total speed of 1.6 m/s. Tried landing the atmospheric lander. Intertia dampeners are on. Waiting for engines to kick in. They never did. Then SPLAT! At the last 10 seconds I tried manually thrusting to avert smashing. The engines didn't even FIRE AT ALL! They just sat idle! Keen. I hope you release a hotfix for all this, because I don't want to wait another week to try and hope that bugs are fixed. Get everyone working on fixing bugs BEFORE adding new things like animations! Oh yeah. 1 more bug. The log generating issue still isn't fixed and that is causing sim speeds to drop even more! It may have gotten worse! This is just my 2 cents on this patch."

P.S. ATMO THRUSTERS DONT WORK AT ALL. Haven't tested other thrusters yet

16. Kees Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Im running the gtx 960. I will admit I have had some lighting issues with things being too bright. But I adjusted the light parameters for each individual or sets of lights and it fixed my issues. Decreasing the lights radius and intensity and whatnot. All your other lighting looks fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bobhendly Apprentice Engineer

This update broke my two favorite mods. :l

19. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Tried the Atmos thrusters. I am having no issues with them

20. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

removed DX9 and WinXP support

Feature???

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Well I can say I have watched an inordinate amount of batman today. So I guess this patch has its pluses?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Well, I won't go on and on about it, I think I have described my disappointment. With over 2700 hours on this game, I think there is not much I can do any different. That said, it is a fact that DX11 in SE just ain't good enough. I was expecting to see DX9 extreme quality. This is what I am used to in DX9: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505170526

I know about tweaking lights: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505170190

It just not possible in DX11. DX11 in SE is not good enough for me. There is nothing else to add. Unless DX11 gets better, I think it is where things will be left at, for me. It is sad because I have a lot of good content, but I just can't get pass the "pupil effect" were when you go to dark environment to light (or vice versa), the lightning adapts after a few seconds, just like a camera would do, and it bugs me. I was just expecting the game to get better, not worse. Hopefully, Keen is reading this.

23. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

A 500 series?

I'm running a GF Gt 445m! That is soldered to the board! I'd love to have a computer that could make use of a GTX 980, but for the foreseeable future I have little money. I got this laptop for free, so I can't really complain. I can upgrade to a Gt 555m, but that requires replacing them motherboard and CPU as well.:p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

i know what you're talking about.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Rabidmongoose Trainee Engineer

yay more fixes but what happened to my field of view? i sit in a truck i made like 3 weeks ago and i can no longer see what i used to see even when i max out the viewing angle. and also the character continuously standing and sitting when in a seat seems to be a thing now.

#edit
    so i sat there watching the character ion 3rd person view and it seems the character animation of them looking around also moves the camera up and down..........WTF???? why is this even a thing god i hope there is a way to disable idel character animations

#edit
    seriously this new, smaller(worse) field of view ruined like everything i have ever made.....yay. can not even see 1.5 wide when it is .5 meters away from from me with max field of view. character now has some serious tunnel vision

26. ziant Trainee Engineer

new animation and bug fixes. can't deny i'm excited to go home and try it. GG KSH :D

27. Thunder Rahja Trainee Engineer

In this build, a game-breaking bug was introduced that causes massively negative amounts of computers to show up in my inventory while grinding certain blocks, causing my character's inventory mass and volume to fall in the negative two billion range. Grinding away a battery block creates a giant scrap metal that causes the entire grid to explode in a fantastic flurry of physics collisions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Rabidmongoose Trainee Engineer

lol just have to say one more thing. Of all the updates in the last 3 years never once has one made the game unplayable for me. This one though. with this one i think i may just have to stop playing until fixed. I'm going to attempt to play for the next few hours but i'm probably just going to get angry and stop. I fear that the field of view and camera movement when in a seat are not bugs and are intended to be like they are.

29. xphoenixxx Junior Engineer

.. This also means more people available to work on the *single* build of the game instead of split between 32 bit, 64 bit, DX 11, and DX 9 code bases, bugs and support. Not to mention two builds of Dedicated servers. It is like keen just increased their dev team times 4.. without needing to. To my thinking; expect a LOT more progress now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. viperlock Trainee Engineer

fix it break it. i think ive just about had it with this so called game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.