Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.128 - New Animation System

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

I'd hope that they would continue to bring out hotfixes until this patch is done and not just make everyone wait until next week to be able to play again....also having lots of problems with this patch, have only been playing on the moon though, haven't been back to earth yet, but ships are indeed suddenly unable to fight the gravity and will continuously drift downward until you manually fly them up again.
    Also having difficulties transferring stuff between inventories, often flat out refusing to do so.

2. Hyperion Trainee Engineer

I agree, this is similar to what has happened a few months back when they introduced game pausing and FPS cap. Neither really worked and after that patch the oxygen got broken, started randomly disappearing, and a slight change to the volume of the pressurized room caused all the air inside to immediately disappear. They released a hotfix the following day, even mentioning in the comments at the update thread what was fixed, yet none of it has really changed and so we had to wait for another week without being able to play any survival...

I guess this is why they now prefer to restrain from giving us any notes on what was the hotfix released for, since it's highly improbable that it could fix anything at all. And I also tend to disagree with their strictly weekly update policy with only one hotfix which if doesn't work, we're stucked with the unplayable version for whole another week. They should continue working on the broken things and release a hotfix as soon as it is fixed, not wait for another Thursday to bring us what was promised a week ago.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bude132 Trainee Engineer

The new animation system is so well crafted!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Shabazza Junior Engineer

Let's face it: Gaming is an expensive hobby, because you always need a decent rig for your games.
    If you have not much money and still other hobbies, don't complain if you can't afford the stuff for your 3rd or whatever expensive hobby.
    Don't blame a game dev for it. Instead, get your priorities right.
    I think it's a nice move of Keen to offer this DX9 branch. Changing the game to DX11 was inevitable after the community demanded planets so hard, which were simply not properly doable with the aged DX9.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sinces Trainee Engineer

Pls Keen give up! I want my money back! It's not 1 cent worth!

@Keen Team, its better u all search an other Job, u are not good in dev.....

• Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Hemp Plan[e]t Apprentice Engineer

seems like u have no idea how devwork looks like

7. Sinces Trainee Engineer

Oh sure i do....

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  8. Spartan322 Apprentice Engineer

Was that a Mako?

9. Farkas71 Trainee Engineer

You are right.But i always hated those pay to win peoples whos throw the iphone 6 and S7 from the roof.Look KeenhouseSoftware job 7200 euro per month=2,358,720 huf per month and peoples at our country 90% under 100,000 huf/month.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Farkas71 Trainee Engineer

I know you can still play without planets and everything glowing black.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  11. kr105 Trainee Engineer

I can't reply this without going off-topic. We are discussing about Space Engineers here not about economics, please.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AriesFirewind Trainee Engineer

I have DX 11 machine...and I am doomed to play 32 bit dx 9 machine due to fact that new update totaly screwed game for me. Fortunately DX 9 still do not explode displays in your face and blow up your ship...and everythign is working as it should. I had just a while ago old pc... but ooolllddd...and big loan for my apartment...and 2 kids... and crappy paycheck..not to mention other things. Playing games is way to relax myself my putting blocks together (Mincraft is kinda too old..even for me lol). SO what I did.. only thing I could.. buy new hardware one piece at a time..yep..one thing a month..with 2 exceptions and it took be about a year to put my rig together (win 8.1, I3 3.4 GHz, 8 gigs of ram, and Radeon R7..nothing special but working Like a charm on Asrock Z97 Extreme 4). Now why I am writing all thins.. to point out that new pc is doable to buy...heck even my daughter decided to do same thing and she is now saving pocketmoney for buying new pc same way. But, for that matter we value our rig even more and I do hate it when game I wanted to play fails, and devs or forum mods/admins do not find any shred of decency to inform us about bus and some at least guide about what is being done about it. If wow can do it..then everyone else can. Heck it is like 5 min. of their time to write short notice here on forum. I would..personaly be fine about it and waited for fix...

I do belive that being software engineer is hard work.. but heck I am positive that you do not test yout big motherships here before you are certain that it will fly! I Know I would go beser if I crash 3 weeks of manual labor cos I am being dumb and fly unprepared ship or untested in separate savegme in our case.

Anyway. Short message for devs. I do belive that you are working on fix, but please, notice on forum about it is just plain common polightness and deccency toward your customers who pays your checks every month.

13. Blackrauser Trainee Engineer

please fix the planetary gravity bug.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Sad to see DX9 and Windows XP support dropped. As they say "All Good things..." pt 1 and 2. Thanks for the work Keen, looking forward to seeing the new Particle System.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hemp Plan[e]t Apprentice Engineer

come on guys? Who is using XP this days?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Sparky Dude Trainee Engineer

I know one thing loosely quoted from a post at the beginning of this. "If they do not fix this its going to be one hell of a month for keen." So true that we forget a lot that isn't working to use what is. Dedicated servers and servers alike are begging people to fix it single player is so broken i wont even turn it on untill its fixed. So if there isn't some fixes expect next weeks posts to not be fluffy. As bad as it was i would have been happy to forget that update existed and go back to a version that was broken but playable. If i want to use it Id have to go to direct x 9 that they pulled the plug on. The bad part is the outdated direct x 9 works, while there newer branch there keeping broke the last aspects of a playable game all in one update. At least there are stable games in my list.

17. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

yeah. the inventory stack and freezing every other second thing(which seems to have been fixed at some point? maybe still lurking and I got lucky?) was one of the few times I quit due to bugs. a lot of people would ragequit over less, and I hear often that multiplayer barely works- but is not (yet) clearly marked as not receiving much stability patches

18. Farkas71 Trainee Engineer

One of my friends use XP and play with vice city ,san andreas,need for speed underground....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Then why not do a bether job them then?

Waiting here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Well, it is the first iteration, so yeah, it will be awfull for a time untill they finish it.

21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I want to play a game that's still in alpha and have it work beautifully with my 10 year old PC. I want it now, daddy!!! Why can't I haz???

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Zolthar Trainee Engineer

Same went when we got rid of win3.1 and 16bit back then.

Time will pass, tears will dry out, sun will rise again and they will forget. Forget the world limited by 4Gb RAM his 32bits.

Remember this when time will come to say goodbye 64bit hello 128bit, in a not so far future ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

I want 128bit now!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. g4borg Apprentice Engineer

as long as most of our hardware isn't fully supporting 64 bit anyway, i would say, 128 bit will (actually already is, as your cpu might even have 128 bit math extensions already) only be used in edge cases, and might - might - come to GPUs at some point, but then again, most likely, there will be more development into "special instruction sets" covering maths with this; and there it could continue with 256 aswell.

there is just little usecase in 128bit throughout for most software applications. it was cool to name your stuff for the memory you had back in the ancient days of computing, like the C64, and people got used to "ah it will double until it will be like megagigamuch of it", while this also happened for the calculation bandwith (8, 16, 32, 64), this will not just continue like that. Support for 128 bit and higher is and will of course be of some importance in cpu tech, crypto or whatever, but the future of "everything is getting 128 bit" is really, really, really far away, might be even infinity.
    But there is more on that on reddit.

I rather expect to slowly "become more and more 64" in different areas, where 32 bit is still standard; as proven by physics engines trying to tangle with it. We still dont use 64 bits in areas where we could now, internally (like some memory address systems still use only 48 internally)

To bring it into aspect, with 32 bit floating point, i can cover around 10x10x10 km of space with a resolution of a centimeter. with 64 bit i can do a solar system (including kuiper belt) in something like a tenth of a millimeter - if not half a galaxy by centimeters. the difference is huge already.
    if i wanted to have bigger numbers for any reason, for sure i would not need them for "simulation" of anything physical in real time - since i will rather run out of memory, than hit resolution problems for my math.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Farkas71 Trainee Engineer

Better than mine ,I can't play with planets.So i would be if i can play like this.

26. Nikolai Ludovik Trainee Engineer

So.. the planet's gravity has become extremely weird. I hope they will bring the fix for that in the next update tomorrow.
    Also, i know that many people have asked this before, but will there be any improvements made (or a total redo) to the multiplayer netcode?
    I am very sorry if i annoyed anyone if this was asked all the time, but I would like to hear them talk about what will they do to multiplayer in the future.
    At the moment if someone mines a in the other side of the planet and you are extremely far away (it doesn't matter where you are), the server lags extremely much (from my experience, on a server with about 8-10 players and with 60 ping where I am).
    (i know that they mentioned something about all the information sent from client to all the other clients and server and so on causes lag, etc..)
    Maybe I need an update on this since i lived under a rock since 2014 (when i bought the game) till now.

27. licenceforlove Trainee Engineer

And I want it on my aging pc! preferably while it's still Work in progress so I can complain about it.

Seriously people wtf? I mean I know it sucks that suddenly gravity got messed up, I felt the same way when the refineries stopped working. But the real question is not if it's working or not. The real question is are they gonna fix it? And I'm quite sure they are working on it as we speak. They did deliver so far a lot of what they've promised.

And God.. we have to wait a week for it?? You mean like a week-week? 7 Days? Jeez, sure there are worse things happening out there.
    And if this is one of your biggest problems that you've gotta wait a week for a fix, than I'd have to say that you guys are lucky to have so negligible problems.

So seriously guys give the devs a break, even if they are screwing you over (which I'm sure they don't). Go out a bit, it's spring for crying out loud, girls are wearing skirts again, sun's shining, flowers are blooming. Oh.. but I forgot that we gotta wait a week for a patch... shit. Life sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

Game is running on Keen SWH's own engine, developing/upgrading it along with the game is hard work and it causes bugs. It's not widely used commercial engine developed by hundreds programmers for many years. But it allows the game to be awesome, it is designed especially for games like space engineers. Yes, making a game on generic, third-party engine would be easier and more performance stable from the beggining, but it also sets boundaries. I'm glad SE has no such boundaries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Exanimis Trainee Engineer

I dont know what you mean by near future but 32bit went to 64bit to go through the limit from 4GB ram to theoretically 16.8 million terabytes of ram...
    I've read that if you stack 32GB ram next to each counting the current size you will get to amotherboard of lenght over 6500 km...
    There are plenty of work beeing done to speed up ram by using other methods of data storage but the address limit is not the problem in the near future..

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. SkyPilot Trainee Engineer

Today is Patch Thursday!

Soon all your current problems will be replaced with new ones!

• Funny Funny x 9
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.