Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.130 - Re-enabled Cargo Ships & Server Side Ship Control

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gijonlir Trainee Engineer

worst of all is the conveyor stopped working again, they stopped working just a few updates ago, and was fixed the next week, one whole week without mining is hard when playing survival mode

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. -=Ripps=- Trainee Engineer

Noticed an issue with merge blocks and large grid cockpit blocks losing their configuration after the merge blocks have been turned off and the grids seperate again.

My issue was with a large ship docked to a voxel supported station, lost all its toolbar configuration after it became a ship again.

3. Konis Trainee Engineer

Seems to be a lot of people complaining about things they've not got a clue about. Seems to be a recurring theme on patch days =D

To be fair you can still mine you just need to manually move Ore around and it's a lot slower. Personally I'd rather live without conveyors for a bit if it helps to get the sim speed back on track :p

4. Robotic Fox Trainee Engineer

You guys can't be serious, this update totally broke our server.
    We can't even go a meter without dying. The gravity does't work either.
    Please release a fix ASAP, the game is now unplayable.

5. -=Ripps=- Trainee Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DeltaDestiny Apprentice Engineer

From the looks of things you are working on small advanced rotors to large? (Advanced rotor-part and a small (non public) rotor part in the cubeblocks.sbc?
    if so FINALLY!,

also its awesome to see the MP getting worked on, it really needed it. (and still needs it)

7. Thales M. Senior Engineer

After few seconds of "no connection to server" warning, my jetpack controls reversed. (I press W but I go backward.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tharkus Junior Engineer

Nice update !

thanks Rexxar, Phoenix84 and Malware :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. haximodor92 Trainee Engineer

Also thank you for the efforts for adding reattachment of piston head!

By the way, do you have any plan to transplant this function into rotor part?

I've seen many large-small ship part connected by the large rotor and small rotor part on workshops. However, the establishment of this connection is still rough and torture. Despite of survival mode, even in creative mode making a large rotor-small rotor part structure is annoying and inconvenient. I really hope there is a click on rotor that I can directly respawn a small rotor head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zolthar Trainee Engineer

Any hotfix yet?

11. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Update 012
    - fixed crash with conveyors
    - fixed connectors causing ships shake violently in MP
    - fixed crash when loading the world with planet
    - fixed sorters are not working correctly

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. GT500 Trainee Engineer

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. -=Ripps=- Trainee Engineer

poor shuttle.... :*([​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Comapct Manifold Trainee Engineer

It may be worth the money to go and get a dedicated server somewhere fairly far from them - Spain or Ireland or something similar. I've been playing Space Engineers for quite a while, but I'm new to the forums and to actually following its development. Is there any particular reason why they do a new release every week instead of the more traditional stable point releases followed by little cleanups? I disagree with you about these things being our 'jobs', but I get the argument.

I do absolutely agree that there's no reason for folks to be nasty though. Keen seems like a good company filled with good folks. They communicate well, have released their code, and clearly care about the game. If we all focus on constructive feedback, the game will get there sooner.

Speaking of which, is there any sort of issue tracker set up? Redmine or Jira or Bugzilla?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Lichan Corrine Trainee Engineer

so, if I don't sit in a cockpit, I can move just fine. get in then jump out of the cockpit, and suddenly gravity doesn't. my jetpack works! kind of. apparently my jetpack is moving me at transwarp speeds because when I tried to fly out the door in my rescue ship my character died from the impact

oh, also I can't respawn after dying from suicide by airlock door. because that would be stupid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. [SEK2000]Blackhawk Trainee Engineer

Large ship to very large ship still experiences this issue. So I am sorry to say this is not fixed.

17. Sjonnieloper Trainee Engineer

Thanks!

18. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

First off, good job Keen on the update. Keep up the good work

Second

If i understand you correctly, you are looking for a place to report bugs? if so, there is a bug report section on this forum ( http://forums.keenswh.com/forums/bug-reports.326950/ )
    If you are trying to see what bugs are known - Bug report forum kind of helps with this but i am not aware of any comprehensive list

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

"- Fixed Incorrect Cockpit Selection in Re-spawn Ship" - What does this mean? Did you redesign the Re-spawn ships with new cockpit blocks? Or did you do something stupid like limit It to Large Ship Cockpits only?

If the former yay I guess...I don't use stock-respawn ships, if the latter please Keen do yourselves a favor and google the meaning of "misfeature"

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  20. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

God no, no more Jira's for me thank you. Stick to the forums, only keen needs to know what bugs are in the game anyway.

21. Custardicus Trainee Engineer

I would disagree Keen have chosen to move away (along with other companies) of paying ppl to Alpha test there games and are asking us as paying customers to do it.

22. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

I think he meant it's our job as people who payed for the early access. Also, as far as im aware, whoever is in the private alpha group they have signed a NDA, so we dont know who's in it.

23. Zolthar Trainee Engineer

You are free to not buy and not play this game aswell. There a a lots of released games fully tested and ready to be played.

This one is still under construction.

I do get frustrated when the game become unplayable, but I'm fine with this and I work on my temper ;)
    I also have lots of others game to play with in case SE is frustrating me too much.

24. Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

You knowingly (I assume) bought into an early access game where you alpha-testing the game is a prominent part of the deal... and then you disagree with that?
    Also: (relatively) smaller companies like KEEN use early access because that enables them to make (and us to play) games that otherwise would likely not get made.
    EA and WB can afford extended inhouse alpha testing, but would they make Space Engineers? And the games they do make they still release with plenty of bugs...

25. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, but you KNEW that going in. This argument is so tired. You spent money on an unfinished and potentially broken product with no promise of quality or what the end goal would be or look like. You took that plunge. Does that make Keen's development patterns, cycles, bugs, features, etc... better? No, the two are mutually exclusive. You can say you don't agree with what they are doing but don't pretend like you paying for the game has anything to do with it being broken OR fixed. Unless "It's obviously not your fault you gave them your money, it's theirs!" is a sentence you actually agree with.

26. JamesK89 Trainee Engineer

Somebody probably already mentioned this but I really don't have time to read through the whole thread.

Last night I was playing with some friends and we are to say the least nothing less than impressed with how much this game as improved since the last time we played, however we did find some non-game-breaking bugs that are minor annoyances:

If a player is running around inside a ship, that is moving, with glass panes the player may end up walking through the glass.
    To reproduce this have a player run around toward the rear of the planetary lander while another player pilots the planetary lander in a forward motion; the player running around in the ship should be able to walk through, or otherwise end up on the other side of, the glass window in the rear of the planetary lander.

The arms of player models seem to be messed up; the player model's arms will sometimes stretch into impossible positions, dangle around as if there are no bones in the arm or otherwise may end up inside the player model.

27. Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

Exactly. It is fair, useful even, to criticize how KEEN handle early access. But what is the point of buying into an early access game and then lamenting that early access is a thing?

28. deathcat99 Trainee Engineer

I can in five minutes with just me simulate a real world scenario and i know for a fact they have gotten the map files from some of the largest production servers so don't tell me they couldn't, they just didn't. period. I'm not bashing on them, but don't say we tested dedicated servers for three weeks and its been running fine without actually taking the two seconds to actually test it. Hell just load up on of those maps, or even just load some vanilla creations into a world and see what happens. Honestly what they continue to overlook is using XML "databases" for their game data... please see http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/large-scale-production-servers.7382454/

But I can easily simulate a large/bigger server with 550+ grids on my own and see what the game does and test. That is exactly what I do to see how things run at low sim speeds, it's almost exactly "Real World" as it gets. Again if you don't think XML and grid count is the BIGGEST factor for dedicated servers please read http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/large-scale-production-servers.7382454/

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

If they fixed every problem before every release, wouldnt they just have one release?

Its not realistic in one week deployments to optimize and test every possible scenario. Its a sandbox and there are SOOO many things that we can do. You get a much better sample size if you let your users report issues as they find them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. deathcat99 Trainee Engineer

I'm not saying they have to test everything, but like with the 129 update lights not working and status gone from the g menu, are obvious things. Basic game mechanics should be tested...jet packs on low sim speed servers in gravity fields not working... simple stuff. They said that they tested the 129 update changes for three weeks in house...From JoeBlack616 update 129 chang log page 3 "Well weekly updates is something we have very low change of changing. This feature was enabled in our office for 3 weeks now, and I'm really sad that we didn't experienced so much problems during this time. For me this feature is much more code and system breaking than planets.
    They were massive in terms of code and effort. But this is really changing fundamental feature and way of handling of characters and ships in MP."

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.