Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.135 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

The fix for rotor gaps. Does this make the blocks placed on them shift down on existing blocks? Or does it increase the rotor heads visual height?

2. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

Mod stuff mod stuff mod stuff... hmm... okay...

Oooh, something about conveyor system!

*downloads patch*

Nvm, still broken. Back to playing creative.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

I don't think so, but that would be really awesome.

4. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

Was sitting here freaking out about steam and it wanting to reschedule the update repeatedly when it finally decided to actually download. Now I'll be able to play space engineers sometime tomorrow once it finishes the update download, but that is because my download speed think's it's 1995. :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Ulfgaar Trainee Engineer

Update yay!

...Though...after update, dedicated server wont start again.

Just goes from "Start Pending" to "Stopped"...no other messages. Anyone else experiencing this?

(yes, i do use mods...though usually they announce that "this update might fuck up your mods" if its one of those kind of updates).

6. legendkiller165 Trainee Engineer

Niice update. That is what the game needs, bug fixing and improvements :)

7. lostjounin Trainee Engineer

Great Job KEEN! Keep up the work, games like these survive because of the community and mods :)

8. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

any Idea on how to shorten load time for planets, with the last few updates, my load time has gotten so long that I exit out of the game, even with a fresh game the load time is getting longer and longer. with the easy start game no planets it loads right up.

9. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

I'm really sorry Keen. I respect all your hard work, and realize fully that you're creating something amazingly complex while trying to keep everyone happy, but really....

Can we *please* have working sorters? Please? Pretty please? Push-pull mechanic ignores sorter settings, it can't be that hard to recreate.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. lostjounin Trainee Engineer

Not all fixes have to be for game-breaking issues. Why does everyone act like this is the only game on the internet to play? Go do other things and just be patient, Keen is dedicating way more effort than most companies do to a single game as far as I can see. No matter how many times you say please or gimme gimme, they will work at their own pace and ideal for the game. Enjoy the ride :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

Yes yes, and the updates we get today they started working on three or more weeks ago, can't get fixes to bugs a week after they first appeared. Conveyor system has always been complex little cretin from what I've seen. All that being said though... Please? :p

12. Harrekin Master Engineer

Unlike real life it's a ride you can jump on and off at will too...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

The new sounds are cool, but can you guys give us any news about whats is going on with the progress on mp? I am not ask for a date or deadline, just a little more that "is a wip" and when the stable branch of updates will be deployed ?
    thx.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Thank you guys :)

15. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Not to rain on your parade... well, on MY parade actually, but it's been 7 weeks since I was last able to play without crashing as soon as i load a world/create a new one. Bug reported, got answers, told to wait. Still waiting. And I can symphatize with the "thanks for all your hard work" posts, but when you, let's say, buy a refrigerator and the aforementioned piece of hardware does not work, you don't sent a letter to the factory manager telling him to "keep up the good work" since they keep sending you new shiny egg holders.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Sam White Trainee Engineer

Man your analogy was perfect, i feel the same way lately...

17. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

Change the chat window to be functional and not that sorry mess it is right now...

18. gevarre Trainee Engineer

Keen staff meeting:
    "Hey guys, players aren't removing their helmets enough. There's currently no incentive to do so, so players just leave them on all the time. We need to do something about this. Since we can't seem to provide any actual gameplay to make people stay indoors (which is the only place they'd logically remove them, earth aside), maybe we need some penalty or something for people that play the way they want to instead of how we intend."
    "I know, how about we make all the sounds muffled and unintelligible when they are wearing them. If they want to hear things clearly, they'll take them off."
    "Okay, good idea, but how do we sell it? It's going to be annoying to a lot of people. Remember the cyberdogs?"
    "I know, we'll play the "realism" card. I know we have artificial gravity and the ability to put a gazillion tons of stuff in a tiny backpack, etc. but we'll just ignore that."
    "Okay, but since players spend the majority of their time in space (unless they are playing on earth of course), won't that mean that very rarely will they actually be able to take their helmets off to have good sound? Oh, and if we are going to call it "realistic", wouldn't that mean that in the vacuum of space, they pretty much wouldn't hear anything at all except for maybe their own breathing?"
    "Well, um, yeah, but this is our reality, not "real" reality, so we'll just ignore all that and just say it's "realistic" when it suits us."

Is there going to be a "realistic Audio" checkbox in the options, or are we just stuck with this?

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Yeah, see, the "game-breaking" stuff, as usual, takes longer to address than some people can appreciate. Meanwhile, those things that have actually been addressed, at least to the point where Keen believes they're working, get put into the update so that they will get a "real world" test.

The sorter issue may or may not be that hard to recreate. It may be harder than you think to resolve. As you said, the game is amazingly complex. So are the problems.

I think you are probably wondering if Keen is even aware there is a problem, and if so are they working on it. That's a valid question and there has been some discussion here and elsewhere about how Keen should address questions like this one that pop up like clockwork every Thursday. There are a lot of simple answers that usually end up not being so simple. Answers from the developers generally result in increased unfounded expectations. "We're working on it" is never sufficient. Just saying they're aware usually invokes a community created deadline: "You said you were going to fix it a year ago!". Apparently everyone that has an issue believes they're being ignored and Keen doesn't care. Therefore, any explanation is DOA. That's unfortunate for Keen because, at least to me, they really seem to be trying to put out a quality game, yet what they do never seems to be as important as what they haven't done, and the assumption is that anything that hasn't been done is because they're not trying. This is what we get here in the Change Log every Thursday. I've been saying so here for almost two years now.

The Change Log should be where we discuss the update.
    --- Automerge ---
    Did you buy that refridgerator unfinished with no warranty?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. flaviomachado Trainee Engineer

A suggestion... make the Realistic Sounds an option. I myself really like the teaser of the new sounds mechanics, but some people just want the "starwars" feeling of space. Lets make both groups happy :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Pie Apprentice Engineer

Having said that - if I spend £10-20* on something, get a few hundred hours out of it, then find it no longer works I don't bitch and moan about it on a forum somewhere - I write it off as 5 pints* or 6 coffees I've missed out on and move on.

I have a list of bugs I'd like them to fix - 2 of them for me personally are pretty game breaking. From January to April however it was great. Just think of it this way. You've completed this game for now - just like I'm sure you've completed thousands of others in the past. Move on and play some more. The difference here? When you re-check in 6-12 months time you'll find there's a whole new game to play and not a penny* extra required!

*(Replace units of measurement with your preferred local ones)

:) - as a smiley face always makes it better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  22. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

In my games on night in planes are really lighted,dont need lights because its still iluminated,any know why?

23. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

I belive that it will possible to enable/disable this opton. In the DS configuration menu, this option already exists for a long time[​IMG].

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. splosiv Trainee Engineer

Really nice job creating more realistic sound behavior :) I'm looking forward to it!

25. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

Hi there!

Xocliw just confirmed on a youtube post that this new sounds will be optional and can be enabled/disabled form the menu :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Simply means they have to renew their keys - probably not even a manual process way things are handled now a days so Havoc will probably send them a bill for a new key and the game keeps working.

Infact at most we could expect to see an early update with NO content/fixes to address the license key - or the potential for a less-than-one-day outage of SE. Either way not the end of SE - or the World for that matter.
    --- Automerge ---
    Your download speed IS from 1995 - your connection may not be; there may be a fix squirreled away in either you ISP's help files or Steam Vast Library of Guide - don't quote me on that though.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  27. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Not first; thankfully.

Thanks KSH. +1 on the great modding!

28. transistor77777 Apprentice Engineer

Computers are assholes. You fix one bug, and suddenly something completely unrelated to that bug decides to break. It could take months to get a fix working without fucking up everything else, especially with something as complex as a video game.

Keen obviously knows about the gamebreaking bugs, and they're almost certainly working to fix them, but the fixes just aren't ready yet. At least we know that they're still working on the game

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

I thought rotor gap was fixed? Or was this for large rotors only?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. GaryP Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the updates.
    Can you guys please unbind the right mouse button from deleting my blocks? I'd love to use another key...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.