Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.135 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. posthy Apprentice Engineer

I can't believe my eyes! "added ship mass, velocity and gravity information to IMyShipController (by Malware)" Finally! Thanks guys!
    "modders can now create their own terminal interfaces (by Tyrsis)" This will bring a looooot of interesting mods :)
    Teaser sounds cool! :)

2. tharkus Junior Engineer

Nice update, THANKS to the people who helped fix some bugs :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ceztu Apprentice Engineer

I'm just sad pirates still don't work. Oh well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

first 2 pages of comments, pure garbage. woooa, im last!!! (until someone else post something useful to say)

5. JamesG Trainee Engineer

All very nice of course. But none of this fixes things that have been broken by recent updates. Can't help but wonder if you even bother to work out clear priorities.

What about the weird MP GUI crossover? What about the extreme (extreme, as in EXTREME) lag that results from grid changes, welding, etc., in MP? What about the equally brutal lag around planets? Huge playability problems. Are they getting attention?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. zgrillo2004 Trainee Engineer

Not sure if you can.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

God man. Upgrade your pc. there is no lag around planets and grid change.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]
    Did i miss something?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Anthropy Trainee Engineer

Amazing work guys! FINALLY MODDERS CAN CREATE UIs!!!! That will be soooooo good, it will allow much much complexer mods that require ingame input, and finally fixes silly hacks like using Doors to create a toggle switch in the menu. I think the ModAPI is one of the most important aspects of the game! Even though it really is an amazing game, you just can't create as much content as a large community of driven modders does on your own as little indie studio ;) I'm really glad it's being taken so seriously! This will keep the game alive not only during alpha (creating workarounds and personal adjustments), but also far beyond release, years or even decades later, people can still create mods for the game and change it to their needs-- even do complete conversions and overhauls or introduce fixes when it breaks, thanks to the full source code disclosure. I hope you guys keep up being so serious about that, you've done great so far!

Also really really digging the realistic audio system teaser! I bet that will add a lot to the immersion in the game especially going from planet to space, and it'd also really help reminding when you still have your helmet on/off. Can't wait!

And perhaps a small request while posting here anyway- Is there any good ModAPI documentation anywhere?
    I only know about the Steam Guide that hasn't been updated in years, it might be nice to either update that or have some other officially endorsed way to find all the details on how the ModAPI exactly works and what is/isn't (or should be) possible, both to create mods but also to give feedback :)

10. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

There already IS a realistic sound checkbox in the dedicated server GUI, always has been, it just doesn't do anything.

Realistic space sounds have been something that a great deal of fans have been frothing at the mouth for since this game came out in early access, and I for one am very excited at the prospect of finally being able to experience it.
    Don't like it? Shut if off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

That's good. Thanx.

12. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

Excellent Work!

Like very much the improvements to the gun fire in space/pressurized/helmet off!

Features
    - modders can now create their own terminal interfaces (by Tyrsis)
    - production API changes (by Tyrsis)

13. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

Thank you!
    Can you please add a small description of these new ship controller functions. Documentation.chm is still abscent.
    PS: maybe it's also possible to open access to "altitude above the ground" value?

14. Martinowitsch Trainee Engineer

Wow this weeks Teaser .. very good sound effects for weapon firing

15. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Common, what's up with the pics? you're wasting space. a full screen just for one reply that says "Did i miss something?". There should be something to prevent people from posting huge for no practical reason.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

If that pic takes up your full screen i recommend taking a close look at your resolution settings.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Funny, My resolution is 1920x1080. You take the whole screen with your pics. I find it excessive and useless.

Edit Ah! much cleaner now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Nononono. THIS is me taking the whole screen with pics:

[​IMG]
    That's how it looks on my end. Check your settings, they're not my problem.

Okay? Put me on ignore then. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. BlackRedDead Apprentice Engineer

YES!!! - now ingame recolorable thrusters mod please! ;)

20. Zeriga Trainee Engineer

I should mention a minor complaint of mine... Not hard to fix. Just changing some text... But let me get some input on this here.

[​IMG]

Are we absolutely sure these are the correct System Requirements? Because an i5 @ 3GHz has been known to choke. And I've heard of a few situations where GTX 980 has trouble running this game anywhere beyond medium.
    (I feel like we need new benchmarks for System Requirements. Especially since in my history, a GTX 660 Ti on Low crashes frequently while playing while a GTX 980 on Low doesn't.)

And maybe I'm just rambling on about things nobody cares about. But I'm gonna be honest. An Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 cannot play this game at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Well, all I can say is that my computer when it had 8 gigs met the minimum requirements and ran fine as long as I didn't have all my ships in the world (I've made some big ships). My computer now now exceeds the recommended slightly in that I have 16 gigs, Windows 10 and well over 10 gigs available. I'm not sure if my NVidia is a 660 but I do know it sports 2 gigs. Having several large ships in the world all in the same place causes stutter but doesn't crash. I keep the video settings on low because to me it really doesn't make that much difference and since I'm working with large builds that's one thing I can do to improve performance. I haven't played any MP so I can't tell you if the recommended requirements make any difference there.

If anything I recommend 16 GB of RAM in order to avoid trouble. SE seems to want 8 all to itself.

22. Ebhit Trainee Engineer

I have a feeling im posting this in the wrong area but would it be possible if a inventory change be added. The idea i wanna share is that could it be reasonable to have cargo blocks be able to have there inventories hidden or shown like a block is shown in terminal or config on a ship. For example you have 2 large ship large cargo containers but you only wanna see one when you open the inventory so have the other hidden from view. And to have it further from just cargo blocks can it be given to any block that holds a inventory be able to hide/show it. Personally I would like to see it but I am not sure how many others think of it nor do i think it'll be looked much into with all these other bigger updates. Seriously realistic sound is awesome having it based upon the environment granted it does kinda sound like water but its better then hearing a machine gun fully in the void of space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Whoah... everyone take a chill on the changes to the sound when in atmospheres, wearing a helmet, and not wearing a helmet. It's just a teaser.

What you're hearing is a low-pass filter cutting off the high frequencies of your sounds. The cut off level has been arbitrarily set just for testing purposes. It's pretty easy to fine tune these settings so the difference is noticeable but not so dramatic. They had to pick a couple of points and those were great for testing. This can be fine tuned very easily (they are just simple values and can be processed in real-time for every sound). EQ isn't very CPU intensive at all.

Cool your jets. It's just a teaser.
    --- Automerge ---
    That's YOUR entire screen? Girl, you need that GP 1080 bad and some 4k with a quickness.

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

Wait. So we can make it so it will let us do this:

IN THIS?

[​IMG]

without resorting to THIS?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

Ooof, those realistic sounds are great!

26. roothorick Trainee Engineer

Seconded. Undocumented additions to the API effectively don't actually exist.

-E- Okay that's a little harsh. We can peek at the source:

https://github.com/KeenSoftwareHous...box.Common/ModAPI/Ingame/IMyShipController.cs

Honestly, I prefer reading headers over an obtuse CHM, but are you going to update GitHub every week?

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  27. Zeriga Trainee Engineer

Well this is what happens to a GTX 980 running Space Engineers, on a Dedicated Server, with just procedural asteroids on low. No ships.
    [​IMG]
    Settings;

I just find it a tad misleading on the System Requirements. That's all. About the RAM however, Space Engineers is using 2.91GB. And 0.5GB VRAM.

Edit;
    Trying Max Settings is actually killing my computer's overall speed. I cannot run it on High without sacrificing every other program. Constant 100% GPU Usage, rising VRAM usage, and rising RAM usage. Adding a planet into the world may not make my server choke, but it'll sure make me choke. (But boy is it pretty.)

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. bronxae Apprentice Engineer

love the teaser, case anyone missed the purpose of that, there is no sound in space as sound waves need air to move threw, the variance in sound based on the amount of air present as well as the engineer's visor being up or down adds great emersion detail to the game's realistic feel.

29. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

or not use a ipod sized screen

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. ziant Trainee Engineer

ain't those fixes looking lovely. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.