Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.135 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ranger Trainee Engineer

Im running a 960. All settings on high. I have heard performance complaints from users of the 970 and 980 through various different games. Doesnt seem those Nvidia models are all they are cracked up to be. Or maybe SE just doesnt like them. I dont know. You shouldnt be having any issues at all. Maybe its your os? I am running win 7, 16 gigs of ram (1833 I think ) AMD 8320E fx 8 core.

2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The exploit that makes "that" work is getting plugged and very soon. Keen is interested in the ability to do "this" but not in the way "that" works.

Sorry to be the bearer of "this" bad news.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Zeriga Trainee Engineer

It's true I can run the game on High at 120 FPS Constantly. (G-Sync.) However once things start getting... "Dramatic". It can tank quite hard. Adding planets to the mix, you can have an FPS problem. And don't even get me started on MP situations. So in order to keep an FPS above 30 constantly, I have to run the game on low. It's all really situational. But my original point was that all the System Requirements should be changed to reflect the fact that the game can't run on the minimal specs, and the recommended specs are not enough either. Recommended should mean that you run the game at 60 FPS through all the tutorials at least. Once you start adding things on your own, maybe then it's just beyond the scope.

But lets go back to situations and specs.

Core 2 Duo, Intel HD 3000. 45 Minutes of loading. Bluescreens with massive artifacts beforehand. Computer no longer functions. Fried CPU. Don't know about GPU. (This computer was not heavily used, not overclocked, and nearly mint condition until this.)

Intel Core i5 (????), Intel HD 4000. 8GB of RAM Crashes instantly on load most of the time, while in game, framerates are abysmal and the game crashes anyway.

Intel Core i7 4700(?), Nvidia GTX 860M 16GB of RAM, Very low FPS once things get going. Otherwise, the game runs. Just don't expect to be having any large fights.

Intel Core i7 6700K, 16GB of DDR4, GTX 980, Space Engineers on an SSD. Rolls along well, but once you get two battleships going in full combat near a planet, FPS can tank down to around 90/60. Add a few more ships just laying around, you're going to have roughly 30FPS.

Any SLI/Crossfire System fairs marginally worse than just a single card for some reason.

TL;DR IT'S SITUATIONAL!
    (Sorry for the semi-long post.)

Edit: I forgot to mention when I say "Choke" I mean substantial FPS drops. Not system freezing. I also forgot to mention I'm running Windows 10

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  4. BlackScythe Apprentice Engineer

I think you guys should start paying Malware :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. SNBartek Trainee Engineer

Maybe new armor blocks? It's hard to do some shapes. This game is called Space ENGINEERS, so there should be more blocks to build. Furniture would be amazing. I know, there are mods, but i would like to do vanilla machines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. XCanG Trainee Engineer

Great idea from YouTube comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K6xpWo_22M&lc=z12pip2jtmvmyjjn2224zncidzrgsrsqv04 (can't post link right, because replacing to media code)
    Add in world settings checkbox between Arcade/Realistic Sounds. (so keep save old sound system, but also add new and use by default)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. inventor200 Apprentice Engineer

I don't think any of you have any idea whatsoever as to just how ecstatic that sound teaser made me.

That is exactly what I've been begging for since I first started playing this game a year-and-a-part ago.

Thank you. I love the programmer(s) who implemented that. Give them a hug for me, please.

Sincerely,
    An audio designer who loves hard science fiction.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well to be fair i've got three of them so i can be wasteful.

To the best of our knowledge that is indeed planned. Personally i say it has no business being a World Option and belongs in the game settings but as long as it won't fuck with my Singleplayer i won't have to care. Unless they go ahead and make another feature i don't want to use default and have me reloading Worlds on a constant basis because i forget to uncheck their box when throwing down a quick testing World. @Xocliw Where're my saveable World Edit Settings-presets?

9. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

No, what modders can do now is make their custom blocks have their own settings. When you open the terminal screen, and it shows you Toggle Block On | Off or Door Open | Closed? That screen is now a little customizable.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Harrekin Master Engineer

This is completely stupid, you bought what was clearly advertised as an unfinished refrigerator on the basis it MIGHT be finished one day.

Read Early Access Disclaimer again.

Then read it again, and again.
    --- Automerge ---
    This is completely stupid, you bought what was clearly advertised as an unfinished refrigerator on the basis it MIGHT be finished one day.

Read Early Access Disclaimer again.

Then read it again, and again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. malimber Apprentice Engineer

See that kind of stuff pisses me off. Hey someone found a way to do something that the game is sorely missing, Lets patch it out! Cant have them using anything but the craptastic broken AI.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. viertar Trainee Engineer

Door grouping still not fixed.

13. Mr_w Trainee Engineer

so we still have to deal with the wonky conveyor sorters? anny eta on that? i seem to replicate the wonkyness just fine even to the point i dont use 'm nomore.
    sarcasm: No piston fixes this week?
    --- Automerge ---
    @Xocliw Where're my saveable World Edit Settings-presets?[/QUOTE]
    this is actualy a nice thing, shouldnt be that hard to pull off i reckon.
    would be verry nice being able to aplie a sertian set of mods. perhapse inport them from an exsisting world?

14. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

if that's true, Keen needs to reorganize their priorities. GOOD-AI should have been a branch of SE and ME from the start, starting with "AI implementation and control in a 3D space"

15. Altaree Trainee Engineer

Am I the only one how can no longer turn blocks on and off? I don't even have the button in the top row of the interface.
    --- Automerge ---
    guess not:
    http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/01_135_003-64-bit-can-not-toggle-blocks-on-and-off.7384228/
    http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/0...block-option-is-gone.7384210/#post-1286978789

16. fabricator77 Apprentice Engineer

My entire internet connection is 1995, the only remotely good part is Steam is unmetered.
    Fast, good, cheap... Pick none.

17. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I would read that as "we're removing the way it was done now, but in the future you won't have to do it that way"- though, that would be unfortnate to be unable in the meantime :/

18. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Update
    - fixed crash when loading animations
    - fixed crash on connectors
    - fixed crash on HUD notifications

• Like Like x 2
  19. Amerikanovich Apprentice Engineer

Try a GTX 760 then, runs everything on medium fine, planets, stations, and lots of big ships, all on a dedicated server, 3 players, steady 40 fps :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. g4borg Apprentice Engineer

sound change on touch is impressive detail ++

21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Yes, they want this. They think it's awesome. They just don't have the man hours to make it happen at the moment. But they want to do it right and able to set limits to things rather than the state it is in now. Rdav's script is built on an exploit and that exploit can used to do things that are pretty unbalanced on a server.

22. Aurex Trainee Engineer

This is exactly the kind of post I really didn't want to read. Let me be entirely honest, I couldn't care less if the game was early access or not, it's marketed and sold as a game, and games are meant to be played, not to waste space on the hard drive. But... since you're so "keen" and like reading the early access disclaimer over and over, let me paste a piece of it right here, so you can read it again, and again if you want to.

What the developers have to say:

“Space Engineers is an Early Access game, which means that it is still under development but already in a very playable state...

Very playable state? No, it's not. Not for me at least, and it has been like this for months. Add to that the fact that the system requirements are a complete, utter nonsense, and you have the reason why the ratings have been steadily dropping from 90% to 75% over the last weeks. If I'm irritated about this matter it's because I think this game had and still has an ENORMOUS potential. Potential to be fun, challenging, entertaining.

And please, don't call others' opinions "stupid", it's downright rude.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  23. Shabazza Junior Engineer

The new sound system with the muffled space sound "looks" really good.
    I don't know if all players appreciate that more realistic sound in space. A toggle would probably be cool to satisfy all users.
    Personally, I like it. Seems like you put a lot of energy in the new sound system. It adds a lot to the immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

about SE killing 980's - i have a 980gtx and it used to do that, but updating the drivers seemed to fix all of that,

likewise i have an alienware with the mobile gtx980 graphics, however i have never experienced slow-downs and i run everything at max

i just preordered a 1080, im wondering what wonders will give in terms of fps with all running on max settings, - ill know pretty soon :)

25. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I agree. it might be fun at times to have it sound realistic ,but then there are other times where star wars style sounds-in-space would also be fun

26. TheNudeNerd Trainee Engineer

I'm running a computer bought in 2009, with the only upgrades done to it being adding an SSD and upgrading the video card to an NVidia 760 Ti (2gb) and I am able to play just fine... so yeah, I'm sorry that your specific system is unable to play the game, but you do not speak for a majority, the game is playable for me and many many other people. I understand your frustration, I'd be upset if I couldn't play considering I run a dedicated server, but the game is certainly "playable" to most people, considering I'm able to run it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  27. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

I love this game. Worked great when I first got it, though we didn't have nearly the same amount of stuff/mods we do now. I have not played multiplayer in many months now as every server is absolutely sluggish/performs poorly on physics that makes generally playing not fun at all. I don't want to play by myself. I have gotten used to sub 30FPS on planets, I mean my hardware isnt even really good for these kind of games that mainly use 1-2 cores. (Amd 8320, 750TI). I wish I had an intel anything that could get me above or at 60 fps all the times like all these others say they get. Hell some people tell me their old Pentium Ds can get more FPS with the same video card and that makes me want to play even less. I still love this game though. The issue is I just cant stand logging into a fresh server and instantly seeing .3 sim due to some calculation gone wrong, or something. The only "Fix" is to reboot the server but you'd be doing that 30-50 times a day and that isnt fun either.

Complaints aside, they have done a killer job with bug fixing and content adding. Really digging the sounds and new visuals. It may not be the fixing I was hoping for but its still coming along nicely. So much left to be done with this and its still in early alpha. If they can optimize the games performance both for Sim and general FPS a bit more then I will be one happy camper. I'm not a coder so I don't know if they are at a "Wall" of performance gains or not, if so then I guess I need to suck it up and get a better computer.

Keep up the good work Keen, I really want this to go places. I have been dipping my hand in other games like Space Engineers, but they just arn't space engineers. I still hope to see some new types of weapons and defenses (I saw a new shield mod oh wow)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. Hemp Plan[e]t Apprentice Engineer

dat teaser guys rly? :baby::baby::baby:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Harrekin Master Engineer

It's not marketed as a game, it's marketed as an in development game.

If you can't even understand that difference, then its pretty stupid to try tell the developers how to do their jobs, eh?

EDIT: Regarding the ratings, I'd imagine it's probably cos they were selling it cheap recently so loads of n00bs who also don't understand the "in development" part probably made their "rage-quit" known.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Rememberme when the game can be playable
    For now i unistall the game

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.