Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.135 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Senior Engineer

My pc sometimes freezes when I play this game. :(

2. Frigidman Apprentice Engineer

Oh i see how it is... let the modders do the real work, while you continue to produce week after week of failed updates that break more than you fix. Yeah... 'progress' is not in the dictionary of Keen.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. Harrekin Master Engineer

Or they're working on really big stuff that can't be finished in a week...?

Also, if you think there's no "progress" then you obviously aint been around very long.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

Antenna textures for example,extra hard texturice a model...they need 2 years for make it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Again, that is mostly a market ploy to avoid being judged as a regular developer would be. Fallout 4 comes out, buggy and lifeless, ratings suffer from it. Bethesda can contain the critics, but they can't really hide behind an excuse like EA. Keen is a much smaller developer, and instead of risking bankrupt by taking their time and presenting a finished product they use the early access "escamotage", and most if not all the (sometimes agreeable, sometimes questionable) critics directed toward the game are thrown into the "Hey, suck it up! It's Early Access!" bin. Using Early Access can be a necessary evil for smaller software houses, but you should be transparent and follow an efficient, intelligent roadmap. Instead of, you know, completely forget about those who cannot/will not play due to the many issues and keep bathing in all the praise you get from that vocal part of the playerbase who will defend the developer no matter what. Again, I have a good rig, good knowledge about hardware and software, and a "product" that has not been working for months. What should I do, except from trying to be helpful by reporting the issue? Should I thank Keen for selling to me something I can no longer use? Also, I can tell from your overly sarcastic tone that you're not a person I would like to have a protracted conversation with. Be careful, rotors on the way out.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Harrekin Master Engineer

You should thank them for not taking the money and running like they can (according to the EA disclaimer) at any time.

You didn't buy a game, you bought early access to a game with the promise of a copy when it's finished.
    --- Automerge ---
    You should thank them for not taking the money and running like they can (according to the EA disclaimer) at any time.

You didn't buy a game, you bought early access to a game with the promise of a copy when it's finished.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. JamesG Trainee Engineer

Read my sig. This is a powerful system. Its graphics card is marginal but it ordinarily has no problem with any game or task. The lag on welding grinding or other changes on a large station grid is severe for me and for others in MP; nonexistent in SP. Lag near planets is unmistakable in all modes. Lag in all cases was generally slight or nonexistent prior to updates of recent weeks.
    --- Automerge ---
    I bought this game off the shelf at Walmart. I don't recall seeing any warnings that it would be rendered unplayable at regular intervals and in constantly changing ways.

I'm personally all the way and I mean absolutely sick and damn well tired of seeing people with valid complaints being told to suck it up and take whatever they get.

The developers' gross errors are on blatant display. So is your (and others') unseemly rudeness in trying to stifle outspoken players who find those screwups beneath their standards. They're in here communicating. That beats the heck out of giving up totally in disgust. But you seem bent on creating the latter circumstance.

Mute acceptance of the unacceptable on the part of the players of this game is the LAST thing Keen should want.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Harrekin Master Engineer

You're not being told to suck it up, you're being told this is an Early Access game and thusly it isn't finished.

They're working on it as you can see by the weekly updates so have patience.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Hyperion Trainee Engineer

Anyone else noticed how large the Earth planet in the update video was? I couldn't get the horizon to look so wide even on 120km planets. Or is it just an optical illusion?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Skleroz Trainee Engineer

@Malware

Simple mass and velocity information, it's like a birthday cake! And artificial gravity for real gourmets, thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

I laugh whenever that name shows up on the credits, because it's often worded in a "and this happened because of Malware" sort of way,it can be confusing if someone didn't realize that's the username

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Leto Trainee Engineer

- modders can now create their own terminal interfaces (by Tyrsis)
    How? Is there a tutorial?
    Is there a new method or function in the mod api? Or
    Is there any tag i have to use in xml?
    Does anyone know where it was implemented?

13. MeisterKeen Trainee Engineer

I don't have a really big drum to beat here, but I'd like to make some observations about the community:

And to be clear, I'm still playing SE and enjoying the heck out of it. I DO feel I've gotten my money's worth, and more. However, I'm still going to say this:

I used to see a lot of "Agree!" ticks on posts defending the developers. The percentages were about 80% to 20% that players would defend the developers' decisions and would stand by the fact that the game was in Alpha, under constant development, and that this excused the frequent bugs and issues cropping up.

That percentage has tipped closer to 50%, as you can see from the last few posts and, in fact, from the last few update threads

This is not a very nice community -- it's a little bit hostile and toxic -- but it isn't all made up of snarling rageposters either. And for the most part, even when we're arguing with each other, good points are being made and the discussion is aimed at improving the game.

So with that in mind -- there IS a tip of general opinion against the devs.

My own opinion has also tipped a bit -- I love Keen and I love Space Engineers, but the constant fix-and-break-and-fix-and-break is tiring. I want to see this game become a quality product. It's been a pretty long development cycle and to my mind, we should be seeing the game polished up to a point of relative stability by now. Improvement should be palpable.

I AM running Space Engineers on a very, very good rig. I can't imagine the troubles that someone must be having on a less powerful machine. What I'm experiencing is a fairly broken game experience on a weekly basis. Some weeks are better than others. I'm sure the rest of you are experiencing something similar. What I'm saying is that the game is more broken than it should be at this point, after all this development.

Also, If James G bought the game off the shelf at Wal-Mart, do you suppose the excuse of "It's in Early Access!" is really all that valid? I bought this game knowing it was going be in-dev, meaning updates were going to change the game experience as I went along. I expected that, but your average game shopper (at Wal-Mart for crying out loud) isn't necessarily going to know that, even if it did say "Early Access" on the box.

No. The game should be in working order.

So what's going on with the dev team? Have they lost talent to other projects or something? There's got to be a reason behind this. We should be further along on the development curve than we are, and it IS troubling and it ISN'T right.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. JamesG Trainee Engineer

I bought a game off the shelf at Walmart. I don't recall seeing any warnings that it would be rendered unplayable at regular intervals and in constantly changing ways.

I'm personally all the way and I mean absolutely sick and damn well tired of seeing people with valid complaints being told to suck it up and take whatever they get.

The developers' gross errors are on blatant display. So is your (and others') unseemly rudeness in trying to stifle outspoken players who find those screwups beneath their standards. They're in here communicating. That beats the heck out of giving up totally in disgust. But you seem bent on creating the latter circumstance.

Mute acceptance of the unacceptable on the part of the players of this game is the LAST thing Keen should want.
    Cannot but agree.

As a businessman, I recognize that the very existence of a business depends upon the quality of its products and the satisfaction of its buyers and users. The. Very. Existence.

Maybe Keen's team really gets it and maybe they don't.

Early access or not, alpha, whatever. These are paying customers. You make them happy as if your survival depends on it. Because it DOES.
    --- Automerge ---
    Did you even read my comment? Ordering me out of hand to "have patience" is EXACTLY the wrong response.

What the hell is wrong with being impatient with something that is WRONG? Something that interrupts or degrades or destroys the game experience especially. And MOST especially when it is a newly introduced malfunction where it had previously worked correctly.

You yourself may not care to assume the perspective and professionalism necessary to deal with someone's complaint adroitly. But the mods and devs and other Keen people in this forum should and must do so. They should most usually respond to a factually correct complaint with an implied or explicit "You're right to dislike [that issue]. We'll get right on it."

In the final analysis, nothing less than actual results will suffice or Keen is doomed as a business entity. Excuses won't cut it.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. Harrekin Master Engineer

The whole game is constantly changing and being fixed/updated.

Seems you're one of the excessively loud "I have rights!!" crowd that doesn't understand the meaning of the expression "under active development".

You'll get the full game when it's finished...

It's not finished yet.

Need I use crayons next time to assist in comprehension?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

nice fixes and realistic sound's :woot::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

This isn't necessarily an illusion. You can produce planets of almost any size. 120km is the limit set within the live game. By changing a few settings in the code governing planet generation in one of the default scenarios, you can generate 2x, 3x, etc sized planets. The downside is that you're stretching the texture mapping as you would blowing up a digital picture. It'll get a bit grainy (the mapping not the textures) and you'll end up having certain places where it's possible to fall through the planet.

I had a live server with a 2x planet (Dantus) and I'm currently working on a server with a 3x Earth. Here's @Doctor Octoganapus guide on how to do it. That's where I learned. It even works with modded planets.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637845840

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Bleh Trainee Engineer

@Harrekin would do well to actually read why @JamesG is upset, at time of purchase he was provided no disclaimer about the development process.
    so why must you flame him for stating he's unhappy about the situation he finds himself in?

crayon comment was really classy, so look right at my avatar buddy, its pointing right at you..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi Guys!

I'm receiving alerts here, after reading I've noticed that some are pointing others and would be kind to give your feedback about the game, not on others please.

@Bleh
    Harrekin was explaining why.

@JamesG

Hi James, I know it's not top in MP but something can be done to prevent the lag > or simspeed drop on servers.
    You could have a look at some advices from Keen:
    http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/performance-advice.html

I've played on servers with rules and it's not bad but yes if there is too much in the world, like too much refineries, floating objects etch...
    I tell you this cause really it's not bad with 4 players and small grids.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Bleh Trainee Engineer

@Dan2D3D69 nice moderating, "Need I use crayons next time to assist in comprehension?" is just a friendly way of explaining things and not a poorly veiled insult on his intelligence.

whatever even the mods don't give a shit why should I

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi Bleh , stay on the thread please.

Reminder to ALL
    Forum rules:
    11- Respect other user's opinions. Don’t criticize or deride what other members believe about the game.
    12- Try to keep all messages in a constructive and polite manner. Posts that don’t include any arguments neither provide any suggestion on how the game can be improved will be considered as spam and will be deleted. For more information of what is Feedback and Constructive Criticism, please read below.

EDIT:
    Feedback and Constructive Criticism
    We invite you to post your feedback, either negative or positive. Without this we won’t be able to improve the game and resolve any problems/bugs. Try to be as more constructive as possible by providing reasons why you like or don’t like something in the game and what can be done to make it better.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  22. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Ok, what happened to the sensor blocks? I had them and my vehicle completely set to me on all available terminal items, and set them to only detect player and small grid for the outermost base door sensor to close it if enemy is near. For some reason it was detecting my tank (which was completely set to me and the only vehicle in range) as an enemy. I started deleting every single terminal block till there were only armor and conveyor tubes remaining, and the sensor was still detecting it as an enemy. Not until I completely deleted the tank did it stop detecting the grid like it was an enemy. Have they been altered now to detect armor too along with anything else we can't change affiliation on? Or have the sensors gotten their ID circuits crossed somewhere? lol

23. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    This is my nights on planets,really lighted,any know how can make more Darkness??

24. MisterB0420 Trainee Engineer

yep, i'm having this issue too. seems like the voxels only shadow other voxels, and blocks just act as though the sun is shining on the other side of them. like it's a regular ol' space station.
    i told them about this a while ago, i hope there's a fix coming soon, as building on planets looks terrible at the moment.

Keen: could we have some sort of complete list of just the stuff available to ingame programers? i have next to no knowledge of C# except for what i taught
    myself for ingame programming purposes, so picking through the complete documentation or all the source files really doesn't help me any. i can't find anything on air vents, for example,
    as they are not listed in Sandbox.ModAPI.Ingame. i had to teach myself how to write a program that shows me the actions and properties of a block(no mean feat for someone who usually
    has no possibility of access to internet..) and even still, i get the feeling i'm missing a bunch of stuff. again, no internet access, so no suggestions to look stuff up.. after i push send on this i'll
    be 100 percent internet-less till the middle of july.
    Great game, keep up the good work!

25. Harrekin Master Engineer

The ingame API comes in the Tools folder of your instalments directory.

26. Knsgf Junior Engineer

Not anymore; Documentation.chm is gone.

27. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

See this would be true IF we did not have planets and there hadn't been a big push for a multiplayer dedicated server system. These two things are massive things to work on. When things grow they tend to usually need more work than when they were small. Considering how long Space Engineers has been being developed look at it compared to other games. Engineering rule; "you can have something built well, quickly and cheaply but you can only pick two of those."

My issue is people don't bother to investigate anything anymore. Common sense doesn't exist and it bugs the hell out of me. So ye some people take it too far but I understand both sides. I just think people are expecting something amazing in a short time because it is a good game. Lets face it we are all here BECAUSE we like and play Space Engineers. With that though we need to be realistic here and no that is not asking too much from anyone. If is a game, it is not finished. If they turn round tomorrow and say hey guys its finished then yes please cry out in pain about how moving parts have issues but not now. It doesn't help anyone. And no im not talking about bug reports. KSH need those.
    --- Automerge ---
    Im going to assume this profiles been made to stir up trouble. Another point towards a toxic community :(

28. Bleh Trainee Engineer

it was not.just sick of reading pages of drivel to find out what the new bugs / issues with each patch is.

29. MeisterKeen Trainee Engineer

Actually, you have a point.

I still think we should be further along the development curve, but that definitely doesn't change the fact that planets were a HUGE technical feat. A piece of voxel-optimizing wizardry of serious magnitude. And the huge push to make planets work in this game does somewhat account for the current state of things.

The dev team really came together behind making planets work. Maybe they'll do the same for MP, etc. in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  30. SuperBaldMan ∞ Trainee Engineer

Quote from Mareks blog

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.