Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.144 STABLE; Update 01.149 DEV - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. flexx SE Asst. Producer Staff

We forget to put it into changelog, thank you for letting us know!
    --- Automerge ---
    Hello, this has been changed by design, because of the new building system.

- 3rd person zoom and other control changes (In order to zoom now: Alt+ Mouse Wheel Scroll)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. fabricator77 Apprentice Engineer

Is it just me, or doesn't the video in the first post work at all.
    I get youtube errors when trying to play it, the video on youtube works but has a different ID.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maegner Trainee Engineer

Hey guys i'm new to the game i've had it for a couple of days only and scince the conveyor tubes do not seem to work in large ships how can i replace them?
    And what about the new station and new ship items where can i find them now?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  4. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

um.... this was never missing in the stable branch, but is IS missing now!

5. flexx SE Asst. Producer Staff

Yes, your right and we are aware of it. It will be hotfixed asap.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

7. Jetfire Trainee Engineer

LOL

8. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

the new build system has reached stable, so your telling me i now need one icon for each item for large and small grids, that near doubles the amount of toolbars i need, please allow us to disable this!

i have a set toolbar that is easy to set up, doesnt anyone else? please let us disable this, this small ONLY or large ONLY is a step Backwards, it USED TO automatically tell the difference between grid sizes??

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. valkyre Trainee Engineer

Keen: FYI there are now two different beta branches in Steam. One is called "Development" and another "Develop". They both run the Dev branch it seems so its a minor issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Geneticus Senior Engineer

That is the behavior on static grids. If your ship is actually a "station" you will have this behavior.
    --- Automerge ---
    No, only "medium" blocks need a separate slot. otherwise hit "R" to toggle between large and small.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ZebulonGiles Trainee Engineer

Good update. :) You already have a 1.44 Stable listed in the news section of the site. I'm guessing this is a typo, or am I missing something? Looks good though, keep up the good work. :)

12. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

Ooops?

13. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

ok there is no medium grid size, not that i can see.... one would be nice though
    after seeing the change i immediately went to find the settings to try disable this, i didnt see the 'Press R to change size' in front of my face as my focus was on the block i was trying to place, this isnt so bad now, yet still should auto detect the grid size and just be instant new grid if pointing a small block at a large grid with a message saying NEW <SIZE> GRID

now to complain about the Flight Seat missing from the G-menu :D
    --- Automerge ---
    Flight Seat missing from, G-menu

now to complain about AUTOMERGE

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Geneticus Senior Engineer

"Medium" blocks are the large versions of blocks on small grids that don't have a corresponding size on large grids. The med cargo container, the small ship large conveyor blocks and tubes,etc.

15. PrairForMercy Trainee Engineer

after the world load for the first time worlds that previously had no fauna now has fauna really annoying i don't want fauna

16. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

weird way of seeing it, they are just blocks on a small grid that have no large grid counterpart, which is because they have no place, or no point for it

17. Relicious Trainee Engineer

How i can build "Light armor slope" ??? - in G-menu i see only cube block with plus image (+), there is not a slope blocks and other same

18. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Thanks for what seems to be a FULL list of changes to the stable branch. I kept scrolling and scrolling then finally got to the bottom. That's fantastic. Now everyone who has an interest in a specific feature can test to see how it's performing. We all have different priorities.

I'm also noticing much more developer participation in this post early on. I think releasing the update early in the day is much better. It allows for critical feedback very early rather than in the middle of the night.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Pope approves and blesses this stable update

[​IMG]

20. flexx SE Asst. Producer Staff

Thank you for a warning, I pushed this one and it should be hopefully fixed in the tomorrows hotfix.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

tried to make separate post earlier about missing Flight Seat in G-menu, automerge added it to my moaning-complaining post :D

hopefully automerge keeps its nose out this time :D

there are also some various blocks missing from the g-menu due to the stupid name changes
    which DOES mean having large AND 'medium' conveyor tubes on the toolbar... very annoying seeing as they are THE SAME BLOCK! why change this???

but anyway there are blocks missing from the g-menu

isnt the stable branch supposed to be... playable? :D

22. The Meow Cat Trainee Engineer

Is it just me or the new building system is bad? I can't find things that I was totally used to and I don't understand the small/big building modes at all. When trying to put fx. conveyor tube on a small ship it doesn't allow me to, but there is no small conveyor tube. I'm totally confused, is there any full-lenght description of changes? I can't find one...

23. AshuraDX Trainee Engineer

Here are a few Observations:

-Cryochambers no longer seem to work on my Dedicated server (Nitrado hosted)
    -Airvents still don't work after adding
    Code:
    <EnableOxygenPressurization>true</EnableOxygenPressurization>
    to my Servers config file
    -Client saving does not seem to work on the server, I just activated it to figure out wether my cryo chamber problem is related to badly timed auto saves

here's the config file

If this is the wrong thread to post this, please move it and leave a notification.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2016
  24. James Glenn Trainee Engineer

Amen brother, amen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 4
  26. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

What ship is that in the Update video, its some kind of atmospheric lander. Does anyone have a workshop link to it?

27. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

Update of an update:
    Rovers copied while sitting on ground still explode after pasting.

28. Vim Razz Trainee Engineer

So... how do we now choose a specific block type directly rather than having to fiddle through all the variants on the mouse wheel every single time we need to place a slightly different shaped block?

Is this even possible anymore? Or do I just need to ~never change my construction hotbars again~ in order to retain the ability to just press a key and have the desired block appear in my hand?

29. Krypt Junior Engineer

I'm unable to use my savegames from 1.148 DEV with new 01.144 STABLE: it says "savegame created in newer version"

30. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

this inst a bug

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.