Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.145 - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Thank you for checking that for me. :)

2. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

Yes, thats right. I delete the Link, because i See the new Vid from Dual Universe. You were faster ;)
    But, ou should watch the last Vid from Bluedrake about Dual Universe.

I don't agree with everthing from Bluedrake. But, in one Point he is right, we don't know enough about this Game at the Moment.
    Sure, the first pictures/ Vids are looking good and the projekt seems ambitious. On the other hand, there are to much open questions/ issues to start a hype.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

Is Dual Universe not an MMO exclusively with no offline play? We cannot compare that to SE, SE still has offline capability to cater for both sides of the gaming community. At least Dual Universe will make up for the online gamers not satisfied with the current state of SE's multiplayer.

SE remains the best offline alternative though, with Empyrion (and perhaps Interstellar Rift) as it's closest competitor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

Thats's right, Dual Universe is planned as MMO. But, there is big a overlap/intersection of the Gameplay and many SE Gamers dream about a Game like SE in MMO Style with a touch from Freelancer (A.i. Economy, Quests) . You can read this everywhere in the forum. Sure, can't playing offline(alone) or on your own server is a huge disadvantage and this will be a k.o. point for several players. But, for a not small part of the SE Community Dual Universe can be an alternative/ Option and therefore is this game a competitor for SE.

On the other Hand, there are reasons why so many people (like me) want to play a good SE more as Empyrion or Starmade .
    This is the freedom (planets and Ships are no instances), the physics (wheels, rotors, pistons) , possibilities, the style of SE and how things work (mining, construction/buliding, destruction).

It remains to see, If dual Universe can keep up with all of these points and get a playable performanca / stable MP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, I am one of them! Maybe not on the MMO front but definitely in regard to those "Freelancer" touches, I feel some of those classical space sim elements will do wonders for SE to flesh out the game world more. You will often find me complaining about the lack of further AI development in SE whenever the topic comes up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

@EmperorDragon I fully agree. I also want to see more "Freelancer" touches in SE.

This can make this game far more Interesting for players who don't want to construct/engineering the whole time and it can be a long-term motivation to Engeneer more stuff.
    But there are to much others open issues at the moment, which are more important. :-/

I think SE can never reach a MMO, or only with workarounds (Synchronised Servers with Server to Server Jump). it was never intended to be. ^^
    For me, this is also not important, as long the rest of the Game fits. This is, what Cerbal space program does right, the overall concept fits and it motivates the player.

My open wish list: ;) (in order)

- Food + a not annoying and realistic Hunger-System (already suggested in forum)
    - Stable MP for up to 16 Players
    - a simple form of Water on planets
    - better and not so annoying enemies. (Spiders, cyberhounds have a lair from where they come, if it's destroyed the don't spawn anymore / pirates don't spawn next to you and attack you in the first 3 min of the Game)
    - Econemy (Trading Stations/outposts on planets/Trating Ships)
    - Human NPC's (as enemies, character who gives you a quest/ Task , civilians, maybe hireable crewmember (Guards))
    - Quests (maybe kill this Pirate or deliver Resource X to base Y)
    - different areas in Space ( fog area, asteroid storm area, different kind of rarity of resources)

Edit: Unfortunately, is Empyrion is not my Game. There are to many thing, which i miss (e.g. wheels) and i dont like the style / Gameplay mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. beelzerob Apprentice Engineer

Empyrion was fun for a weekend, but feels like SE Lite. The only real competition for SE is Planet Nomads, which I can hardly wait for (but will have to, since it's 2017 just for early access).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. zdzier Apprentice Engineer

DOOR GROUPING

9. Hakon102 Apprentice Engineer

Quote: "In all honesty the two great crafting games out there (Minecraft & Space Engineers) were a big inspiration for us, joined by the upcoming No Man’s Sky. They all have some incredible features we love. We thought combining the three together would make for one hell of a sandbox game, which is something we still believe in."

This is competitive with announcement :D Hm.. why was this game not on my radar ? ??? But it's to much colored for me.
    But, here applies the same, how for Dual Universe. We don't know enough about this game and there is no really playable Software out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

Pretty much exactly my "wishlist" for the game!

Planet Nomads is much more like Planet Explorers than SE (similar names too), Planet Explorers is way ahead of Planet Nomads though, maybe you should check it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vanguard Trainee Engineer

Physically-Based Rendering

http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/PBR

• Like Like x 1
  12. Krougal Senior Engineer

I wouldn't waste my money on planet explorers (too bad I did) it seemed very close to a finished game almost 2 years ago, and then they decided they had to go to unity5 and so started redoing everything. Game still isn't finished, still runs like shit, updates have been slow and it seems like they've moved backwards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

@Krougal Are you sure you don't have other software problems perhaps? Moving to Unity 5 did wonders for Planet Explorers despite the delays it caused (no more out of memory crashes!), the game runs better than ever with much better visuals and physics, much more content too (I run it on max graphics settings).

The only problems I have with it is pathfinding issues for NPCs in my colony, inaccurate aircraft weapons, corrupted game world when I build an overly large colony on edited land and I sometimes drown when I am inside a submarine.

How does SE run on your PC?

EDIT: I would not have mentioned Planet Explorers if it wasn't awesome.

14. Krougal Senior Engineer

Nope. And the old version ran better for me. SE runs for me as well as it can for anyone, I've got an overly expensive gaming rig about 1 year old.
    I've pretty much written PE off, have thought about trying it again out of sheer boredom, but recent reviews seem to reinforce the negative. It was another game I had high hopes for but have been thoroughly disappointed in, but I suppose I should give it a fresh play through.

To everyone else, sorry for the massively inappropriate off-topic.

15. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Planet Nomads .... they have tracked vehicles and proper suspension. Me want. They have weather ....me also want. You can cut down trees.... It's a smaller world and more planet that SE, but it's one I am following

16. Vlad Trainee Engineer

still space engineers is better, we have damage, asteroid crackers that do most of my job of collecting ore and smelting it to produce more ships and we have warp drives so yeah....

17. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Is it known when the script changes made in the dev branch will go to stable?, as of now it is becoming a nuisance to stay on the dev version and to continue to use scripts. A lot of big scripts simply don't work on the dev version, It was something that I thought should have been added in the last dev to stable update.

18. Sektan Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. Tau Trainee Engineer

Yes yes, this should be an animation in game, however, i'd far prefer them to fix the netty as at this point in time, ships feel like they have a unbalanced high RPM gyro, thats been chucked into a washing machine, thats been chucked into a woodchipper i the back of your ship.
    *Sigh* but a dushan animation would be good :D
    --- Automerge ---
    YEEEES, I legit just made a comment abouyt this LOL
    --- Automerge ---
    What i would like to see~

a netcode that allows the positions of both clients and server to desync (However they are locally resynced on the server before being sent out to others to prevent oddness) this would also fix "The Point of standing still is, STANDING STILL" and.... "ships feel like they have a unbalanced high RPM gyro, thats been chucked into a washing machine, thats been chucked into a woodchipper i the back of your ship." >.> additionally the sync speed should NOT be instant, it should have a amount of time instead of just teleporting players around (this means the game's movement, FOR SHIPS, AND PLAYERS, should be smooth) and should prevent over-correction as the speed ratio of syncing the players coords will depend on the players distance, if the distance is above a certain number, it will just teleport them (example: jump drives)

For god's sake, rotors pistons and conveyors where added almost 4 years ago, FIX DIS,it's not like you haven't had time..

All offence, minecraft has a better lighting system..... when its on low, but really, the clipping of lights can be, frustrating at times.

Planets...... oh deer, where to start, well i could tell you how you can make large scale lag free fog effects for clouds (something i've done before), but the performance, is terrible, DON'T say that they're isn't ways around this, ill instantly put that in the rubbish bin, there very much is, while i haven't taken a look at the code running planets for myself, i an say, that they're definitely is ways around this, and your lod system, all i can say is, its NOT doing its job.

PhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhISICS, they suck, they really do, i mean yes they works, and don't derp out that much, but, as for performance, they make Windows ME look good.

These are all actual problems, don't dismiss them, you know that they are.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

@Sektan , you rock!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.