Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.146 - Meteor Improvements & Backup Saves

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

its clearly DEV, Stable Updates have that green Lable "Stable" in front of them

2. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

Glad I'm not the only one who calls it that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

That makes at least 3 of us then. The guy I play spengies with also calls it Spengies (and Medieval Engineers is Mengies).

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. chemicalscum Apprentice Engineer

I love the visual update of meteors/ meteorites and their reduced accuracy! But I still wonder... will meteors/meteorites keep spawning exclusively in storms from the direction of the sun, or will there be more random meteors in the future as well, from other directions and not in only in groups/storms, but also sole ones. How awesome would it be to see sole random meteors enter and exit the atmosphere at night! Lone random meteorites will add immersion and an additional challenge to survival. :)

The way meteors are detected should change too imo, with constructed sensors and sound blocks, in stead of the default automatic detection. I guess that is a different subject, I'm just a bit obsessed and frustrated with the way meteors work in SE and with how they should work to be a solid and fun challenge in Survival.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Hooray for decoy fixes :)

Might even have a go wth meteors back on if they are playing better too.

An update with one fix that makes me happy is good. An excellent update has 2 fixes :)

Excellent

6. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

7. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

This is the best update I have seen since I think even before planets, it just adds so much playability back into the game.

-Backups: I know longer have to dread the auto save feature which is I think now considered reliable as I can go back to an older backup.
    -Chat History: I ended up resorting to steam chat as it was a lot easier but a annoying if you were playing with other people outside your steam friend circle. I now no longer have to use it.
    -Meteors: eh never used them but now I can at least consider them

Fixes are also great as well

And my favorite: OVERHAUL OF THE GUI IS COMING: A FOLDER SYSTEM; I remember a long time ago that I had made a suggestion thread about this because the GUI is painful and tedious as it is now. I know I was not the only one with this idea, I'm glad it came through

8. James Glenn Trainee Engineer

Sorry, not a big fan of the quote in this video. Why would anyone appreciate how small and fragile the Earth is????

Also, I really like the new particle effects, no more sneaky meteors!!
    :D

EDIT: Praise thee for Global Chat History!!!

9. Padla321 Trainee Engineer

I think the reason they left the glass scratched is that they work on DX11 blocks. If glass blocks would be remodeled or retextured, it would not make sense for them to work on old models just before releasing new ones.

10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

It's been months, not weeks. There is no justification for not swapping out the shitty glass for the old one until the new stuff is ready. If modders can do it there is no excuse for Keen.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. chrisb Senior Engineer

Its Thursday then..

12. bane2302 Trainee Engineer

And again no fix for MP speed issues and mouse stuttering in all MP servers..................................... i would rather be able to play the game and have stability then see new stuff tbo.............. ETA on those fixes in stable branch??? been almost 4 months now since ive been able to play any MP server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mcrbradbury Trainee Engineer

Great bunch of fixes and pretty stuff, nice work!

14. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

Those craters looks interesting. They make me believe we may someday see betters craters when crashing ships two. I also wonder if that mean we will get some way to fill those holes somehow in survival. Concrete would be perfect for that ;).
    Good job on that one guys:tu:.

15. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Autosave backup

[​IMG]

16. Vanguard Trainee Engineer

Appreciate has two meanings. In this case it's: understand (a situation) fully; recognize the full implications of
    The other meaning being: recognize the full worth of

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Xaranos Trainee Engineer

Any new info regarding multiplayer code? I know you guys planning on implementing it this year, as the roadmap shows, but it would be nice to have at least some info about when to expect some multiplayer/ds love.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Rotal, just delete the texture from the game, it take 5 seconds. Steam>steamapps>common>spacengineers>content>textures>particles>square window dirt. Your welcome.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

so when does stable actually get fixes? because since the prior stable update, you can't turn without your ship twitching out of control, you're not able to slow down at all despite dampeners being on, and many, MANY other things.

20. gearheadkinny2 Trainee Engineer

Automatic save backups. Why couldn't we have gotten this two or three weeks ago before my B5 crash. Would have saved me a few days worth of effort. Like the idea though. We'll see how well it works.

21. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Stable gets updated every Month or Two (respectfully there's no denying that this was a bad idea to split the builds, only varying opinions on it's effectiveness) - if you want the latest tweaks/fixes play on Dev - stable is just hype anyway, To Opt in to Development Fixes (And Content) Right-click the game in your steam library then goto "Properities">Betas Tab and Change the dropdown to "Development Branch" - you can revert to stable any time you wish by changing that box back to "None" or "Opt Out" (something keen seems faintly complacent to mention).

@Global Chat History:
    Great. Now Does it follow Radio Antenna Frequency Limitations? Does it Break the old "Realistic Antenna Chat Only - Antenna Radio" Mod? Are you even considering realism as an objective anymore?
    Other than that Great job - doing nothing special :p Oh and BTW - I play with Meteors OFF; simply because I hate getting my s*** wrecked by your damn random events.

Oh and one last thing: Meteors Should generally not be generated in the scale that they'd penetrate the Earthlike Planets Atmosphere much less the Alien Planet which has a much thicker atmosphere. Realisitically they would *rarely* and by that I mean literally once every 10 years you might get a golfball sized crater in the Earth; Make It through the actual atmospheric entry; they tend to burn up in the upper atmosphere without causing harm to the land/people/structures below. That said - Even golfball sized craters contain such forces upon landing that the meteors involved could single-handedly wipe out the Empire State Building. For clarity's sake - when I say they burn up in the upper atmosphere - I mean completely dissolve and become so small particles that they are swept away by the wind long before they hit the earth surface. (AKA Humanity survived this long...)

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

If that actually works it's even worse... but even so; you might as well tell me to use mods.
    --- Automerge ---
    Every month or so. Fable Branche doesn't have a set scedule though.

23. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Yes it actually works, so it really is a bad sign that they haven't changed it. Either way it's better then a mod as it, doesn't increase load time, doesn't get broken with new patches, you don't have to waste download usage on metered connections, effects all worlds, and is ultimately faster then trying to work with steam. I've had issues with steam where I downloaded a world, mod, blueprint, etc. and it didn't show up in SE, which led to 30 minutes of downloading, re-downloading, restarting SE, restarting steam, restarting my computer, and finally questioning why that worked.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Any ETA's on when these will make it into the game? Saw them both in the SDK files so it seems the pistol is not the only weapon getting a rework :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  25. Saitek Trainee Engineer

Well...................................................... at least they went on a bug hunt.

26. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Great update if nothing else for the autosave backup, no more losing ships to the autosave feature.

27. ziant Trainee Engineer

RIP my poor GTX660 :'(

28. DJToxica Apprentice Engineer

Another one who has no idea how space works...On Earth we're pretty lucky that our solar system is relatively stable. The moon has taken a beating for us and the other bigger planets more or less protected us from extrasolar stuff.
    But thats not the sol system in space engineers. It's just a random star with some random habitable planets in it. Considering the pretty dense asteroid field around the planets it's pretty normal that the planets get sprayed with a lot of big enough stones that won't burn up in the atmossphere. I would like some asteroid sized meteors crashing into the planets creating huge ass explosions, but that would probably be game breaking. So if you dont like them turn them off, i have no problem with them, cause my defense systems are good enough.

29. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

The better auto save is definitly an step in the right way ....
    But it is as most times, only halve baken and miles away from the community based solution (mod script) IMHO ...
    To clarify .. this give me the mod :
    I can save from ingame every time - no need to tab out
    I can flexible change ingame the autosave time ...
    I can show the time after last autosave, so i know the time the next autosave will happen
    I will inform from an upcoming autosave 15, 10 and 5 sec before - as with the actual problems with char back teleporting by save, this have helped a lot times ...

would be nice to heare this is in the official autosave funktion too .........

Regards

30. bladedpenguin Apprentice Engineer

Backup saves would have been good to have on tuesday, when i converted my entire asteroid base into a ship.

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.