Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.146 - Meteor Improvements & Backup Saves

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. hundreds Trainee Engineer

not bad

2. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

At the moment the dev branch works much more stable than the "stable" branch (the stable has become unplayable) in my dedicated server (vainilla).
    There is constant lag, simspeed peaks all the time. Problems with ships that are flying when disconnected, or rotate , things that explode , etc. In the dev none of this happens, the simspeed goes like silk in 1.0... I hope this fix soon in next stable update. Otherwise it will be forced to migrate to dev , but i fear it becomes more difficult to maintain the server in that branch. It is that the idea of separating the branchs was to have stable servers in the stable branch. If i can help with anything (logs, world files or whatever) here we are.

3. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

I would suggest sticking to singleplayer for now, or stick to ingame servers (not DS) with as few players as possible. Multiplayer still has a long way to go before long-term, large-scale dedicated servers will be possible.

I hope you didn't actually rent a server for SE specifically, that would be a hollow-point shot in the foot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Hi @EmperorDragon. It's no rent server, it is a private(worse? because it was bought an exclusive server for the game, lol) I know that the multiplayer game will take develop time , but the strange thing is that all the problems that become unplayable multiplayer (at least on my server and others that probe ) are not on the dev branch.

Anxious, almost desperately , with tears in my eyes and knees praying before my server, please pass these changes made in the dev to stable for the multiplayer work as well as it is doing in the dev. :tu:

5. EmperorDragon Apprentice Engineer

@Carlosmaid Well, at least you can use the server for other games in the meantime so, it's not a complete loss. Hopefully those dev branch changes will come round this coming Thursday. Multiplayer is a bit of hit and miss between updates, I believe it will go back and forth a lot in the coming months till they get it nailed down properly.

6. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Nooo, for another game nooooo. This is sacrilege! Haha. The 4790k is only for the se ds!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  7. chemicalscum Apprentice Engineer

Have spiders been removed in the dev build? I don't see an option and they don't spawn at all it seems. Edit.. they are indeed removed. :)

Also.. meteorites look nice but they still bombard structures too precisely. It still looks very artificial when seeing it happening from a distance, because it's never just randomly on the horizon or something, but almost exactly aimed at a base. I understand why meteor storms are connected to grids, but the precision could be even less.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  8. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

Would be nice to not have targeting at all, just have the odd random meteor spawn in loaded areas.

9. DJL Trainee Engineer

In my glorious imagination I see someone at KSH with a yellow legal pad meticulously keeping track of everything that is discussed here:

'"Ooo, windows need new texture, place another check mark next to that one."

And then they sprinkle pixie dust on the yellow legal pad and the decisions are magically made regarding what to focus on next.

While this is most likely a fantasy scenario, I am sure that there is a development plan being worked, that forum input is considered in light of its impact on that plan, and that work goes on.

Speaking as the rugged individualist that I am, I like how this game is evolving. IMHO COMPLETELY FIXED GAMES ARE BORING! Every time I come back to SE I get to adapt to what is for me an essentially new game. Figuring out how to operate with constant changes in possibilities keeps me mentally on my toes.

I would like to see more humankindness here, though. More "X texture doesn't work for me because Y," less "F#%$#*& X texture sux. Get your S#$@ together, Keen!"

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.