Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.148 DEV - Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Summary
    Hello Engineers! This week's update brings you a round of bug fixes as well as the next developer diary - this week, you'll hear from one of our artists, Natiq, who will tell you more about the upcoming new look for blocks in our game.
    Fixes this week include shaky gunplay, camera and turret issues. Check below for the full list of this week's fixes and improvements and enjoy your summer!

Also don't forget that Space Engineers are part of the current Humble Survive This Bundle! This time the support goes to Action Against Hunger and WaterAid: https://www.humblebundle.com/survive-this-bundle

Fixes
    - fixed shaking of the gun, when shooting
    - fixed camera overlay not changing when switching cameras
    - fixed Drill working even when disconnected from a grid
    - fixed turret not resetting to idle after shooting at neutral target
    - fixed turret shooting at player after joining the same faction like the owner of a turret
    - fixed issues where spiders were able to dig into the grid
    - fixed player being able to edit text panel after it's destruction
    - fixed low level of oxygen at earth-like planet surface
    - fixed particle issues when shooting grass on alien planet
    - fixed issues with slider for control panel after making some blocks hidden

Update 148.002
    - fixed lambda in programmable block

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 25
  2. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

Nice! Natiq, you rock!

3. SilentSymphony Apprentice Engineer

Been waiting for this ;D

edit: cant wait to see the new models ingame!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

Fixes
    - fixed shaking of the gun, when shooting
    - fixed camera overlay not changing when switching cameras
    - fixed Drill working even when disconnected from a grid
    - fixed turret not resetting to idle after shooting at neutral target
    - fixed turret shooting at player after joining the same faction like the owner of a turret
    - fixed issues where spiders were able to dig into the grid
    - fixed player being able to edit text panel after it's destruction
    - fixed low level of oxygen at earth-like planet surface
    - fixed particle issues when shooting grass on alien planet
    - fixed issues with slider for control panel after making some blocks hidden[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Edit: I love the new armor texture, excellent job on that!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Return Station Voxel Support World Option.
    Fix the new Block Placing System (the new autosnap-thing is appreciated but doesn't fix the underlying problems).
    Fix the G-Menu. (the Search Bar still broken).
    De-scratch Glass.
    De-scratch future blocks. Seriously, i can SOMEWHAT buy scratched Armor but unless Treybeard starts glueing Cyberhounds to his suit there is no damn reason for a scratched door frame.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Good update. New blocks are looking nice, can't wait for them to be added in.

And i remember telling Xocliw that quote a few months back in a w4sted stream.

7. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

YAY,
    EDIT:
    nevermind. just textures.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Just an idea, not everything has to have scratches guys. :)

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Slywolf117 Trainee Engineer

still no fix for rotors/pistons/landing gear/connectors going Jihad on us and blowing up randomly?...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Nice look for the new conveyor .... really like how that looks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Armada115 Trainee Engineer

Arh man, i was expecting a patch for the stable version but still nice update. as for the new armor look, less scratches(idk maybe add scratches when its damaged or over time).

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

The scratches look better on the armor than they do on the glass. Unfortunately, its quite difficult to see out of some of my ships right now.

• Agree Agree x 12
  13. Kephyr Apprentice Engineer

Was hoping for a stable build update

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Thanks as usual :)

15. Shuro Apprentice Engineer

Not even one of the important bugs... kinda disappointed in this update.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. posthy Apprentice Engineer

So sci-fi-ish means to you an old star wars-ish / firefly-ish roughed up stuff.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Roxette Senior Engineer

Maybe... the idea of actually not pushing a stable branch update on a fixed schedule, but waiting until it is actually less broken than the previous stable update, has finally dawned on somebody ? ^.^

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TinfoilChef Trainee Engineer

More scratched up stuff?!? I seriously fail to see why making something look scrached up and beat to hell is making it look "better". Now if it started out clean & polished and over time got all dirty & scratched up as the blocks take damage I could see that.

As it is however this means that a new ship, fresh out of drydock, is going to look like it was built by Sanford & Sons.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. zorgkirill Apprentice Engineer

The texture is nice, but it would be much much better if you implemented different texture system for block sides. You make one texture for a long time, at the same time in Empyrion blocks have lots of textures, and those textures can be applied to the same block at once.
    (decorations in vanilla SE are very poor, and it's hard to build good interior without mods)

UPD: And by the way, what's with new gravity generator and pistol models?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Not sure if he totally understands scify-ish but does anyone really? I'd prefere it clean and polished. I'm pretty sure no generally no Enterprise went around with scratched paint apart from the NX-01 after the "bump". It does give an aged appearance which is good but personally something I'm not that interested in. Perhaps a method of switching texture styles in world options is what could fix this or offering clean blocks in the inventory? At least having an option would be nice. Its just my thought a freshly built block shouldn't look 30 years old unless you want it to for artistic reasons.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Echillion Senior Engineer

Yeah looks like I never got what I wanted in life hence all the experience lol nice looking models cant wait till their put in the stable branch!

22. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Just had a thought, the new conveyor sorter looks good on its own but putting the control panel at 45 degrees on the edge means it might be partially obscured or look weird when next to another block.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Zachary Fitch Trainee Engineer

Where the Dushan Gif??? I NEED THE DUSHAN GIF!!!

Also, is anyone feeling some sexual urges for that new door? I think I have a slight boner now..

24. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I realy like this new textures + models and i think this is good old gold midle way for it, between scratched and not scratched texture, but when some one speak about multiple texture layers: why not let players set how many scratches they want on texture ? same like color and intenzity of color place under it bar for scratches 0%|............|..........|100% ( 1 texture is basic, you can color and second can be with how much we want have them scratched or bar for shiny <---> dull texture ;)

25. Phattty3 Trainee Engineer

These new models could potentially change the entire game and how it is perceived. nothing but good things. new models, the elimimination of the lord clang and a fixed multiplayer and i think we could call the game final (minus the ocasional fix here and there)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

Not to disagree with Natiq, but the new models don't look more "sci-fi" than the originals, they look more detailed and far less "cartoonish".

But overall, they are a wonderful improvement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  27. WarWyvern Trainee Engineer

It seems that Aghayev isn't a native English speaker and was clearly struggling to describe his aesthetic choice. I'd just take it to mean "industrial sci-fi" or something, and cut him some slack there.

That said, while I do appreciate the higher fidelity models and textures, I would prefer that they be an option. I know that clean starships are very unlikely, but I'm about as much of a fan of pre-scratched everything as I am of pre-torn jeans. Which is not at all, for the record. The idea being thrown around for individually paintable block sides would be a lovely start.

Also, as patient as I try to be, could we keep the videos a bit more on point from now on? I appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into the new textures, but I don't need scratches, dirt, and buttresses pointed out to me when I can literally see all of that for myself.

28. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Pretty sure that's an outgrowth of three factors:
    1.) Not much to show off in this update,
    2.) The desire to only show a few new blocks to keep the others a secret
    and
    3.) @Xocliw's on vacation so all of those videos for the last... two? weeks have been pre-recorded - in addition to the general problem of Number 1.) there's the lack of being able to go into more details because... well, because he's a force ghost from the past.

• Agree Agree x 6
  29. Bahroth Apprentice Engineer

Everything looks fantastic, though I would hope there will be planetary/space variants to blocks in the future.
    In a nutshell it would just be things like the scratched dirty blocks primarily planetside outdoor use, and cleaner variants of the same blocks for space/interiors.

Awesome direction with the building/texturing style, just hoping for more contextual goodies :D

30. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

Doubled and or Tripled performance of planets on all systems. Done. Woo thanks! Wait.. Oh well.. I really don't like playing with 20 fps on lowest settings just because I cant afford a high doller intel CPU.. Man this sucks. (8320 3.8ghz) (buddy with a P4 at 2.8ghz and an old 8800GT gets 50fps on high wtf x.x) (He still gets high fps after upgrading his 8800gt to a 750ti, same card as me, which really irks me.) Is my CPU my main bottleneck here?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.