Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.153 STABLE

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MagicalFungi Trainee Engineer

- improved control for thrusters on subgrids (controlling a subgrid grants you control over the thrusters now)

Does this mean i can use the thrusters on rotors and pistons now? awesome...

Great list of fixes, I'm looking forward to looking through clear glass again.

2. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

Very much, thanks!! One less mod to load up.

The sounds I've heard so far are pretty good too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Don't do that. It's been mentioned several times that is unsupported. Choose one or the other.

That said, if you want to risk game crashes or data loss, you can edit the Sandbox.sbc file and change AppVersion to 153. Please note that won't always work. If it works for you, you are lucky.

4. globot Trainee Engineer

an other failed update... game crash at start up when entering the server...
    the longest i could play was to exit my cryopod then being throw out of the ship (don't ask me why)then the game crashed.
    nice update ... will wait the update fix as usual...

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

nice. funny how the stable branch can get a push but not dev- steam must be doing weird stuff...

6. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

Conclusion .... on an DS server ....
    GFX -> Nice ...
    Real audio -> Nice
    SimSpeed -> very bad .... at "best" not "much" slower as with 149 ... but happen 0.25 with 3 user , with 149 it was 0.38 with 5 user...
    Other "new" bugs -> on wheel based vehicles, the locked wheels not work anymore , all wheels that was "locked" are unusable - even after unlock it is unusable ....

So at all - would be a nice dev update ... but a fail for "Stable" in terms of "stable" .....

Regards

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH - For the windows.

THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU

Did I mention how grateful I am? THANK YOU!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

I'm.. just.. so.. sad.. :,(

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. V_quinha Trainee Engineer

Okay, so.... They did great work on all the updates and changes. Still have high hopes that normal sized capital ships will work now. Just overlooked something minor and broke the game. It'll be fixed tomorrow.

DON'T PANIC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. globot Trainee Engineer

when I finaly could launch the game, the gravity is not so good, i can pass through walls:
    I mean I pass through walls when I exit cryopod because of weird gravity... this was probably the cause of the game crash at first launche.

... I tried to relaunch the game but no... it like to crash at startup...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  12. LukeStrike Apprentice Engineer

Yeah !

YAGU (Yet another Great Update)

Thanks Keen.

LKS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

- fixed IsShooting boolean for IMyYserControllableGun

its took >1 year to fix a 5 minutes bug

gj

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Phoera Senior Engineer

if you don't have any more task, i am happy for you.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I don't understand why the wolves are eating my base, it would make more sense for them to try eating the player if the player ventured too far away from safety.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. max1998t1 Trainee Engineer

- changed the distance that asteroids spawn in star system

I suppose they did! YAY!

17. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Yes ...asteroids can spawn right up to the edge of the gravity well ( i've had a few spawn just inside, with 0.05 gravity in effect ) rather than 80K out. Handy really for an orbital base.

Been in Dev for a while, so I have kind of got used to it, but I like it. You do have to watch out though, as I have had a few 'accidents' with big heavy mining ships straying into gravity when I wasn't watching. Then you find out if you packed enough thrusters.....

18. RandoMan70 Trainee Engineer

Nice update. Pobably. But game isn't starting enymore :-/
    That's from logs:
    c41e6d0d90f13f4eb5714b4ccd533c2b89726c15
    2016-10-14 07:58:24.359 - Thread: 6 -> 72b58454c63de03f21ef2ef1169ef3318dbea195
    2016-10-14 07:58:24.361 - Thread: 6 -> MyDefinitionManager.PrepareBaseDefinitions() - END
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.621 - Thread: 7 -> Exception occured: VRageRender.MyRenderException: Unspecified error in renderer!
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.CreateDevice(IntPtr windowHandle, Nullable`1 settingsToTry)
    at VRageRender.MyDX11Render.CreateDevice(IntPtr windowHandle, Nullable`1 settings)
    at VRageRender.ExternalApp.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.623 - Thread: 7 -> Hiding window
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.627 - Thread: 7 -> Hiding window done
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.627 - Thread: 7 -> Showing message
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.633 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.633 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=
    2016-10-14 07:58:32.650 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: branch name cannot be resolved, services=

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. h4rm0n1c Trainee Engineer

Did Keen just break Ship Speed Mods?

All ship speed mods that I've tried crash dedicated server!

2016-10-14 14:51:21.550 - Thread: 6 -> MOD_ERROR: ShipSpeedMod - 500L - 550S
    2016-10-14 14:51:21.550 - Thread: 6 -> in file: C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Spaceships\Mods\755465756.sbm\Data\Environment.sbc
    2016-10-14 14:51:21.550 - Thread: 6 -> Resource not found, setting to null or error model. Resource name: Textures\BackgroundCube\Final\BackgroundCube.dds
    2016-10-14 14:51:21.561 - Thread: 6 -> Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at VRage.Utils.MyMergeHelper.MergeInternal(Type type, Object& self, Object& source, Object& other)
    at VRage.Utils.MyMergeHelper.Merge[T](T self, T source, T other)
    at Sandbox.Definitions.MyEnvironmentDefinition.Postprocessor.OverrideBy(Bundle& currentDefinitions, Bundle& overrideBySet)
    at VRage.Game.MyDefinitionSet.OverrideBy(MyDefinitionSet definitionSet)
    at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.DefinitionSet.OverrideBy(DefinitionSet definitionSet)
    at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.MergeDefinitions()
    at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.LoadDefinitions(MyModContext context, DefinitionSet definitionSet, Boolean failOnDebug, Boolean isPreload)
    at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.LoadData(List`1 mods)
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.PrepareBaseSession(List`1 mods, MyScenarioDefinition definition)
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Start(String name, String description, String password, MyObjectBuilder_SessionSettings settings, List`1 mods, Args generationArgs)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.InitQuickLaunch()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Initialize()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunInternal()
    at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunMain(String instanceName, String customPath, Boolean isService, Boolean showConsole)
    at VRage.Dedicated.WindowsService.MainThreadStart(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Also, a lot of people would really appreciate if you harmonised the options for creating a new world between the game client and the server management application (It needs a polish, also, It'd be great if it didn't reset settings on a failed launch of the server... it's not making tracking these issues down very easy!)

Dev branch update delayed due to technical issues? Sounds like Keen should have delayed this week's stable update a little longer too...

People like updates, but updates that break things are generally not received well, take a few more days to test things if you need to please, a pathological adherence to deadlines and crunch time are toxic to quality games development.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  20. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

While i sympathise you cant use them right now just keep in mind Keen dont develop their game to be compatible with your mods.....modders design their mods to be compatible with the game. The game was just updated, give modders a chance to catch up :p

21. h4rm0n1c Trainee Engineer

It's parsing some XML and setting some variables in memory for the engine to use, it simply shouldn't be broken and It's ridiculous this regression made it into the allegedly "stable" branch.

Most of this would be solved by agreeing on a fixed API and game metadata which does not change AT ALL until a new version is ready for release and has been THOROUGHLY tested beforehand.

Also "we changed things, yet again, enjoy refactoring your code" is what the bird people would call a "dick move".

22. Harrekin Master Engineer

Definately better than new content...

*rollseyes*

We've CLEARLY entered the cleanup stage, why are people in denial about this?

23. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Well no I think you will find it's called an update not a dick move. If they had done it purposely to stop speed mods then that would be a dick move....

I cant comment on the rest as I dont know enough about inner workings of the game but again you seem to be implying keen should test their code against all mods (or maybe just the ones you use) to make sure they still work when they change something? come on now....

• Like Like x 1
  24. Vigo the Dudepathian Trainee Engineer

Nice update, i may go to stable with this one. And no video? slackin...

25. h4rm0n1c Trainee Engineer

No, not against all mods, just a simple unit test of each part of the mod api and the relevant XML metadata with some automated script is entirely possible these days, and would catch a lot of the particularly stupid bugs.

Most mods aren't even that complicated, using a script for unit testing or even continuous integration tools which include this capability would mostly eliminate this issue.

Most mods are just a few XML files in a ZIP file, some even have textures! (as an aside, those who do create new content like models, sounds and textures and new code have my respect, no disrespect intended, both modders and keen.)

(I'm a regular steve ballmer, developers, developers, developers, developers. Wooo.)

Keen are the ones in charge of the Mod Api, there's no excuses, there's plenty of games out there that handle this issue well, Keen does not and has not for more than 2 years now, I have made my suggestions as to how this issue could be combatted.

Because most of the instances of mod breakage the SE community is seeing is actually needless and silly.

I don't hate keen and I love this game, I want to see it be the best it can be, but regular mod breakage is silly.

Also, I apologize if I come off as aggressive or rude, I just have a direct way of saying things, but it's also good because you'll never get BS or lies from me, just an honest, relatively informed, opinion.

Just remember, this is *just* my opinion.

26. DragonClass Trainee Engineer

After this update I no longer seem to be able to change speed in spectator mode. Previously it was done with the mouse wheel, anyone know if the control for this has been changed? Or is this a bug?
    ps: this is in SinglePlayer.

27. I23I7 ME Tester

I am guessing the issue because you are quite far from the 0,0,0 coordinate a sever issue that has already been reported but you can go ahead and send me your save file so i can have a closer look at it. See if i can walk on walls like you.

Thanks!
    --- Automerge ---
    In astronaut mode switch to 0 so you are holding no blocks and try again!

28. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

Actually I don't think I do - is it me ? or is there still a load of crud on the windows ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. DragonClass Trainee Engineer

My engineer can build a nuclear reactor by hand but apparently figuring out how to clean a piece of glass is beyond him.
    --- Automerge ---
    Cheers for the speedy response. It was last night when I was trying this so I give your suggestion a try when I get in game in a bit. Although I will mention that when I tried it last night, I first tried when I was sitting in a cockpit and then out of the cockpit and pretty sure I didn't have any blocks out (as you don't when you get out of a cockpit). I'll try it soon in both situations and report results.

30. I23I7 ME Tester

We removed scrathes and now now you want us the clean the crud D: ?

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.