Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.155 DEV - Unsupported Stations and Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. McTraveller Apprentice Engineer

I wonder, why is (was?) the G-screen hard-coded and not generated on the fly? If it's scanning through a collection, it shouldn't be able to find something twice... (LINQ is your friend!)

2. admanter Apprentice Engineer

Hard coding is quicker than making code design decisions. It often causes funny glitches in the future, when the code is refactored, or when parts are refactored, but not the whole thing.

3. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

When you go to post a message, click the button to the right of the smiley-face.. looks like a scenic photo.. click it.. type url.. click insert.. done.. cheers

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Tnx

5. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Works for .gifs too:

[​IMG]

You're most welcome sir!!

6. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

It isn't hardcoded. It is in fact generated on the fly (mods can change it at runtime). The reason that block showed up twice was because it was listed as BlockVariant, but didn't have the GuiVisible tag set to false.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Needye Trainee Engineer

Yep i can confirm, 2 weeks in a row without being able to play in my survival world because of this.
    Repair the piston crashing bug or riot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Hey, in regards to teasers.. with the trashy scratched blocks.. can anyone get .DDS's to load into anything but PS, I have GIMP with the .DDS plug-in, but they're unsupported and Paint.net as well.. no dice.. and I have texconv but when I convert SE .DDS to .PNG or anything really, they export as a blank file..
    It's made it impossible for me to mod SE textures at all.. if only all image editors could work like PicoPixel.. it just loads .DDS, and doesn't cry about it..
    If only Harag was still around.. he had the answers for everything.. and Shao.. but he's off-duty at the moment.. *sigh*

And don't get me started with MWM.'s and Blender..

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  9. McTraveller Apprentice Engineer

Oh, not fun. I hate when the data model changes and pieces of it don't get updated. I've lost hours of my life to similar issues.

10. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Using texconv, export to TGA, not PNG. I had the same issue.
    As for MWM, you need to get the ModSDK, using the FBXs are the only way to load the models in blender.

Also, harag is around in discord.

11. rexxar Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the help Phoenix, just tested, but the .tga exports blank as well just a field of white and grey squares, same as the .png export. I must be using the wrong code or something. I'm sure I am, no real manual for this stuff.

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd\

C:\>cd C:\Users\-\Desktop\DirectXTex\TexConv

C:\Users\-\Desktop\DirectXTex\TexConv>texconv -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM_SRGB -sepalph
    a large_corner_and_face_triangle_cm.dds -ft TGA
    Microsoft (R) DirectX Texture Converter (DirectXTex version)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

reading large_corner_and_face_triangle_cm.dds (1024x1024,11 BC7_UNORM_SRGB 2D) a
    s (1024x1024 R8G8B8A8_UNORM_SRGB 2D)
    writing large_corner_and_face_triangle_cm.TGA
    Am I even close to right here!?

And about Blender, I was mostly speaking in regards to the, now defunct, .mwm importer blender plug-in, which I needed to try and fix some orphaned mods on the workshop.
    But only vertices import, which makes for a fun game of connect-the-dots at least :woot:

Btw, been using this as a reference, as it's the only thing that came up about it, and of course it was from good ole Harag: http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/dx11-dds-files-invalid-image-file-header.7375544/

Thanks again for the assistance!

13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. rexxar Senior Engineer

BLOCK PROFILING OR RIOT!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

I'm over here dying for a landing gear hotfix for 149004, so if yall could get on that, that'd be great.

16. Macc24 Trainee Engineer

The new blocks will replace old?

Because the teaser make me have a hype overload all weeks. But we dont have info of release date :(

17. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Howdy Keen devs,

Would you kindly increase the 4200 character limit added to text panels?
    It really ruins any codes that relied on a higher limit to do cool stuff like:

My artificial horizon

Alysius' Floor Plan

Phil's Ship Diagnostics

Now these codes are no longer effective as the text limits chop the images off. Even just doubling the limit would maybe even be bearable. Shoot a number like 10000 would be great because at least it is a square number.

Edit: Thanks Seff

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
  18. bran1210 Trainee Engineer

Nice update. However it looks like the updates broke connecting merge block. It consistently crashes the game every time I try to connect merge blocks together. Hope this gets fixed in the next update.

19. Krypt Junior Engineer

Or finally, inplement drawing API for lcds

Limitation is pretty weird: 2068 symbols

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Seff Apprentice Engineer

FIFY

21. DustinMVille Trainee Engineer

so did they fix the memory leaks caused by last update?
    yea we want them. why cant we put lights on the same block as windows or platforms(i forget what platforms are called)

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

So many happy posts in a patch thread! Can't help smiling a little.

23. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

These scripts wreac havoc in multiplayer servers with multiple players using them, as you hack your way to update the panel faster than 1Hz with lots of data. I think the limit have to stay, or maybe they find a way to only enfore it on DS.
    Still, they SHOULD implement simple functions to paint pixels, lines, rectangles. Even in MSDOS quickbasic you could do that.

24. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I dislike the mentality of "if it can be abused, remove the feature entirely." We should also remove pistons, wheels, rotors, and timers while we are at it since those can cause lag. /s

Keen is constantly screwing programmers and it is getting exhausting. If you are going to break shit that took months for me to create, at least give me a warning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Wicorel Senior Engineer

So Unsupported Stations are now... supported?

What about supported stations? Have they been removed? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Lé Grand Sárrazin Apprentice Engineer

Well, it's my 1-year mark here on the forum, and I didn't even know it, just took a peek at my join date.. and lookie there, it's been a whole year to the day.. wow.. time flies when Clang is at your heels!! :woot:
    So.. I took this occasion to actually put up an legit avatar.. aren't I special now!? :woot:
    Cheers All!! And here's to many more years to come!!

• Like Like x 4
  27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

If the term and solution of "World Option" isn't relevant to this update i don't know when.
    --- Automerge ---
    They're going to replace them so i would assume they're going to swap out the models entirely, so yes, our ships likely won't need to be assembled anew with the new blocks. Personally i'd rather like to keep the old ones around but i think they already confirmed that isn't happening.
    --- Automerge ---
    Because the engine wasn't made with that in mind, other than ME. (Also there's a problem with moving grids.) The general answers we get basically boil down to "yeah we could do it but it'd run like shit without hotswapping the engine or spending two years on rewriting it". I honestly think if CBs were possible in a playable state someone would have already modded them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. zdzier Apprentice Engineer

redundant. Tautological. Programmable Block block? Or did you add a new block of Peanut Butter?

29. I23I7 ME Tester

I have created task for the LCDs to have a increase in characters that can be used to 10 000

• Like Like x 3
  30. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Also to add onto thid allow font size to go into small significant figures. Ex font size 0.14 or 1.87. Thid would make it easier to create displays that fit the lcd.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.