Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.160 DEV - Improvements and Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

That's an impressive looking wood cutter block. It's got the large toothed blades to cut through trees and strip branches and it's got a port behind the cutter to suck up the logs. Nicely done! Can't wait to see the new model for the ship grinder.

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. kittle Senior Engineer

That was my reaction too. is this a grinder? or a SAW? That looks like it belongs in ME to cut down trees. not to recycle blocks into steel plates.
    Swap the 'sawmill woodcutting blade' for a proper grinding wheel and you have a winner.

3. quarter Trainee Engineer

I play lone survivor scenario in realistic survival on a private desktop and noticed a big decrease in cargo ship frequency the last couple of weeks. My normal play is to capture cargo ships and integrate some of them into my platforms in various ways.

Not sure if the decreased rate is directly a result of the cargo ship bugs or if the spawn rate was also slowed coincidently (I guess I'll figure it out tonight), but I really enjoyed the slower spawns. Previously, it didn't take too long for my asteroid to look like a used space ship lot because I couldn't scrap the spares fast enough (even with nanites). The slower rate forces me to engage more in mining and provides more time for other activities, and also to be less selective in deciding which ones to capture (Until this week, I hadn't bothered with capturing a private sail in well over a year), and more selective on what I do with high value cargo ships. I'd recommend slowing the spawn rate to one ship every couple of hours it isn't already.

4. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

LOL. Me too.
    I was expecting him to say something else, but what he said was pretty funny and unexpected.
    --- Automerge ---
    There are metal cutting saw blades that look very similar to that.

[​IMG][​IMG]

That said, I'd much prefer if the grinder actually was a saw. That would make sense.
    You don't really get much from grinders except filings. With an actual saw, you can get parts back that can actually be welded back together.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. Korfio Trainee Engineer

Woo, hotfix seriously needed, crashes all over the place.

6. Sektan Apprentice Engineer

STILL BROKEN -> ANIMATION WITH WEAPON, with weapon, omg when will be finaly fix it :/

7. Anunnaki Nibiru Trainee Engineer

Hi. From update with renderer, I am almost unable to play game, because every time I paste some ship/station to the game, game almost freeze completely, because RAM consumption spikes very fast over my physical 16GB memory, to almost 30GB RAM!!! After 20-40seconds of swapping on SSD, game starts moving again, memory goes back to 8-12GB, and shortly after that, whole game crash. If not, situation repeats after respawn.

When I turn every mods off, then I am move in empty world, but even fast flying in spectator between two planets, consumes over 20GB of memory and situation repeats, but this time, no crash at the end.

Is there any way, that there is still problem with game/render?
    How can I easily find, which mod is consuming so much memory? I played with the same mods for almost 6 months priori render update, and everything was fine.

PS: I like the new lighting and effect, but unable to play so far because of huge memory consumption. I can buy 32GB RAM, but I am afraid, that this will not help problem and situation would be the same.

8. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

New mods corner lcds and corner lights are very goods. They are a good addition and we are happy about that. But Keen should add a few more mods.

- letters mod (basic)
    - Shields (like energy shields)
    - Nanite, rexxar shipyards or something similar
    - progression by tiers or tech tree mod (something like MK system from le grande nuage of magellan server)

A question for the people, what another model should be added to the list?

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sid_raptor Trainee Engineer

Those oxy farms look amazing!

10. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

@Drui Progress is cool and all, but there's 2 things that need fixed that haven't been mentioned.

Mod voxels are coming in purple
    MWMbuilder doesn't work.... it's been months since it has.

11. TidusKlein Apprentice Engineer

The only thing that eerks me about the new grinder is....it has saw blades...are are ships made of wood? Last time i checked if your cutting metal...you use a "grinding wheel" not a sawblad. :p but enough of my logic there still boat loads better the. The stock models! Keep it up keen cant wait

12. MechanizedIT Apprentice Engineer

There are metal cutting circular saw blades, they are quite common...

13. noxLP Junior Engineer

@PhoenixTheSage Honestly, i will take a course about trigonometry when you take a course about how to speak with other persons without being pedant, and how to treat other persons in a non hurting manner.
    The fact is that i'm not here to teach childs how to behave. Ignored.

Yes, i know that, as you are saying the negatives are used to indicate the direction, but if it's a limit i would go for the more obvious which is just the last angle at which the rotor will stop, which should be positive since the direction is already indicated by the speed, and the angle at the limit.
    But it isn't something i'll discuss till death, it's just a detail i wanted to point out.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. TidusKlein Apprentice Engineer

Most of which are for light thin metals, if your going to cut into a inch thick steel plate your not going to use a metal saw blade. "Cough" welder by trade "cough cough"

Even the pictures posted above give the max thickness you can cut with a metal saw, 1/16 of a inch....max great for siding, not so great for inch thick or more armor
    But im not here to complain, the model looks great and you can never really please the perfectonists :p

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  15. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7
    Any possibility to add also the conveyor hinges? maybe one the greatest mods created for SE (and actually broken due to rotor changes^^)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MechanizedIT Apprentice Engineer

No you can buy more expensive blades that can handle thicker high tensil steels, I too am a welder, and in my own shop I can cut grader blades with my saw, and in the future I would expect astronauts won't rely on fiber blades that constantly need replacing, and surely materials would have advanced enough by that point that you could get these blades to cut through high tensile steels like butter with little maintenance.

17. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

Uh oh, someone got triggered. That was a pretty neutral statement, although a bit passive-aggressive in hindsight...however if you can't handle that without putting your fingers in your ears, good luck in life. That's not how the world works.
    The fact is you shouldn't talk about things that you know nothing about, and state them as fact. But hey, I guess it's okay to shut other people down, then get super defensive when it's shown you don't know what you are talking about...especially when it's over something so small.

• Like Like x 1
  18. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PhoenixTheSage Junior Engineer

I want to see Compound Underwater Ladders :D

(but for reals, yes)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I haven't used it in a couple weeks, but I am assuming it still works, if you have Medieval Engineers, that version of MWMbuilder works for Space Engineers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Seff Apprentice Engineer

Are you going to fix interior lights in general before you add corner lights, or will both be unusable when you implement them?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Fenris Apprentice Engineer

What part of symmetry doesn't work? I've been using it in creative for about a week now trying to come up with a ship worth blueprinting for a survival build and it seems to work fine. EDIT: Never mind, I'm playing using stable, I keep forgetting about dev.

Also, I'm pretty happy about the drone updates. I've been thinking about making a large drone carrier for awhile now and now I have the motivation to do it :D And yeah I know there are already scripts out there that can do that, still happy about it though.

If I had the chance to make a mod vanilla I think the Bigger Airtight Hangar Doors (can't remember the exact name off the top of my head) would be high on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

I use the dx9-32bit branch version of mwmbuilder exclusively. Has been working perfectly ever since the branch was created. I've used it over the last two weeks with no issues. Even after the render changes a few weeks ago.
    --- Automerge ---
    Given all the problems with rotors and pistons, do you really want another movable block like that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Spets Master Engineer

too late, Aquaponics and Planetary Deforestation CONFIRMED!

also RIP all my creations using rotors :eek:ops:

25. Tau Trainee Engineer

I agree only with the building system part.
    I wish there was just an option to FULLY revert back...... If It's such a controversial change, Why not add an option.
    That way the players that actually like it, Can use it, If they don't, They don't have to.

You know, Just a small option under "controls"

• Like Like x 1
  26. Aracus Senior Engineer

Sorry if I'm being stupid here, but where? This is the latest changelog? and AFAIK its for dev not stable which @Echillion was asking about and I agree with, a sneak-push for this fix would be nice! Really scary to land for a parts refill while building and then have your very heavy builder ship just start floating uncontrollably when you detach and no matter what you did it wouldn't reboot properely.

• Like Like x 1
  27. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

@mojomann71
    That was what I was doing until ME's planet update. Since then, both ME and SE's mwmbuilder give the same error.

@Phoenix84
    That worked. Thank you. My current project has been delayed the last few weeks because of this.

28. Engineer_Alex Trainee Engineer

Thank you so much!

29. I23I7 ME Tester

Hit me with your best shot!
    --- Automerge ---
    Got the crash. Reported it for hotfixing!
    --- Automerge ---
    Hey guys,

To all people not being happy with grinders looking like buzzsaws: http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/2000x2000/m04/m0481_2000x2000.jpg

Some steel cutting tools do look similar to what we have. The steel cutting saws that have more oval and square "teeth" could be changed but its more polygons. Right now the model team is focusing on finishing up all the blocks and then we can look over some to do some minor changes.

30. mhalpern Senior Engineer

Just for clarification, by all drones are you including drones you can make in survival mode without doing any spacemastery stuff to get it to work? and will we be able to control the the actions of a group of them from a separate grid, and will the waypoints be dynamic?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.