Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.163 DEV - New Multiplayer Prototypes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy KeenSWH Developer

Summary
    Hello Engineers! This week’s update is bringing improvements to Space Master and the remote access screen. By opening the space master screen, you will now see a new option which allows you to set a continuous trash management interval. This means that after the set amount of time, the game will remove, stop or depower all grids that match the selected requirements. We’ve also slightly redesigned the remote access screen. It allows you to take control of a grid directly from this menu and has status indicators for each grid. These indicators will let you know if there are issues with connection, ownership or the remote control block.

And we have even more for you! Today we released 3 new multiplayer prototype builds code-named “Rock”, “Paper” and “Scissors”. These multiple versions have been created by three different teams (two internal teams and one external) with each one of them trying to solve the multiplayer employing different methodologies. Our progress is now at a state, where players can directly help us evaluate the new multiplayer prototypes. We need your help to work out which one of these three will provide the best multiplayer foundation moving forward...
    In the following weeks, we will publish a survey for you to give feedback and comments based on your experience with the different versions, but for now you can use these threads for reporting:
    You can switch from one build to another at any time - which will allow you to compare them. Saves are not compatible between the different prototype builds, but you can use saves from our live builds in any of them.
    We know that our Space Engineers community is passionate. You guys care about the game a lot and have been calling for new multiplayer code for a long time. We heard you loud and clear – so now rally your fellow engineers together, get testing and help us make Space Engineers the best multiplayer game out there! ;)

Features
    - New multiplayer prototype builds: Rock, Paper, Scissors (you will find more info in Marek's blog post: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2016/11/space-engineers-public-multiplayer_24.html )
    - Re-worked remote access menu to be more user friendly and accessible
    - Added support for CompilationSymbols arguments in Teamcity
    - Whitelisted items (so they can be edited in scripts to avoid conflicts):
    VRageRender.MyMaterialsSettings
    VRageRender.MyShadowsSettings
    VRageRender.MyPostprocessSettings
    VRageRender.Messages.MyHBAOData
    VRageRender.MySSAOSettings
    VRageRender.MyEnvironmentLightData
    VRageRender.MyEnvironmentData
    VRageRender.MyPostprocessSettings.Layout
    VRageRender.MySSAOSettings.Layout
    VRageRender.MyShadowsSettings.Struct
    VRageRender.MyShadowsSettings.Cascade
    VRageRender.MyShadowsSettings.NewStruct
    VRageRender.MyMaterialsSettings.Struct
    VRageRender.MyMaterialsSettings.MyChangeableMaterial​

How to switch the Branches

Just follow these steps:
    1. Launch the Steam client
    [​IMG]
    2. Go to your library
    3. Choose Space Engineers - right click
    [​IMG]
    4. Choose "Properties"
    [​IMG]
    5. This box will open - then go to the "BETAS" tab, and click on the drop-down menu
    6. Choose the branch you'd like to play on​

Fixes

- fixed crash Sandbox.Game.Entities.Cube.MyRefinery.ChangeRequirementsToResults
    - fixed crash SharpDX.SharpDXException
    - fixed the trash removal tool to function properly
    - fixed issue with turrets targeting meteors through grids
    - fixed issue were settings from Info tab from the control panel did not refresh even when changing save games
    - fixed camera issue where exiting it would not preserve the POV
    - fixed issue where landing gear would stay lit yellow even when turned off
    - fixed issue where you were unable to paste when in Creative mode if you are not a admin
    - fixed issue where on survival the transparent build preview when using "Lines" or "Grids" would not show
    - fixed arm animations when holding gun in and viewing your character in 3rd person
    - fixed issue where dying made you look into the center of the planet (very uncomfortable bright flashing colors)
    - fixed issue with accuracy on guns not syncing up with the crosshair
    - fixed minor issue where going into the menu gave you a slight upward boos when flying with jetpack
    - fixed minor issue where interior turrets would remain collapsed when welding

• Like Like x 25
  2. chrisb2e9

Yay! Thanks for this

If only it was a week ago, my vacation ends tomorrow!

Edit: Maybe i'm just not seeing it, but does it say anywhere what the differences are between Rock paper and scissors?

3. Phoenix84

Time for testing... for science!

Today, is Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for new MP testing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Loues S. Cat

5. Stardriver907

heh

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ed Frost

7. Anoth

Neato

8. Appw0905

9. doom

Finally! :)

10. Timotei~

11. Commander Rotal

Which reminds me, did i ever suggest this? I had an idea for this for a while now as an alternative to the SVS World Option. Really good to see this one, this might really help with performance.

Not.... really caring for the new multiplayer. I'm mostly terrified that it might end with another case of multiplayer-stuff messing with my ships, like the Ship Accelleration being tied to SimSpeed...

I quite like the teasers this week, with the exception of the wheels. They're not that bad just... meh.

As for the obligatory Tapping testing..... it produces the obligatory game crash :( @Xocliw do we at least know what's wrong with her by now?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Speshal_Snowman

Yayayayayay!

13. JasonG

Thank you, Keen can you pretty please make an option for Meteor/Spider/wolf spawn rate? And make Ai attacks more random please. And lastly, if possible, please increase sensor range to 5000m at least. thank you so much

14. licenceforlove

Huh, awesome.

I noticed in the teaser that there were potassium ingots, marked with "K". Is it being added to the game? Maybe as a new radiation shielding? Or med supplies?

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. AedanXaelan

Ooh, is that a new storage method for ingots? Will we actually be able to have pallets in a cargo bay?

• Like Like x 2
  16. JasonG

I think the tires them selves are really cool, very space looking, but the rims look like tonka truck. I would like the rims better flat with low profile or deep dish low profile.

17. I23I7 Tester KeenSWH Developer

Slow down there buddy we are not the North Pole here :)

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. JasonG

Ok ill be a good boy, are they sabroids or space spiders? I like sabroid

19. I23I7 Tester KeenSWH Developer

That is a mistery to us as well you guys can decide.

20. Stardriver907

I wonder if we'll ever be able to take off the space suit.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Anubis 2

I'm happy we get 2 cute guys to present the patch:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Lord Wraith

while i like what has been done, to make the game better, and I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO TESTING THE NEW MP's, i would have liked to see the fix for the LCD's, and the crashes that it keeps causing, please KEEN in the hot fixes for friday, please fix this problem, as it's causing real problems now in survival.......

23. Speshal_Snowman

I like all the new blocks so far :tu:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. spamenigma

Are the MP prototypes in DS as I can't see it mentioned?? and if so can anyone advise how to switch to them there?

25. Dantheotherone

Great job! I give you three thumbs up. Now, I just have to remember to give back the one thumb I borrowed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. kcjunkbox

Ok, so Potassium (K) but no ice and some how bags of gravel got turned back into stone in the shape of rectangular blocks?

Only one more element?

27. Vilhelm

It would be nice to have servers for this new MP testing....

So far 0 available.

We need massive testing of the like 100 ppl on the server to give any conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Devon_v

That's what we need to figure out. It's three different efforts, maybe one is best, maybe it's not that clear.

29. Raideur

Are the specifics of each multiplayer beta listed anywhere? Knowing the rough methodology would help testers identify if functions are not meeting the requirements. Right now, we have no idea what is server-side, client-side, what is caused by what, etc. I'm sure each team would want testers to know the strong points and weaknesses associated with their beta system and if those weaknesses are issues or not.

Without this information, we're basically just ballparking performance, quality, and a multitude of other things. Knowing what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 4
  30. Breanox

Nice work !

And good luck for the new multiplayer :D