Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.167 STABLE, DEV - Beta Bugfixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Yeah - You fixed the "laser antenna" crash - but what about the laser antenna's being hardcapped at 10km? Seriously speaking I haven't been in-game to test this but it seems to me that you haven't fixed the underlying problem; Laser Antennae due to their already restricted use need to have a longer range than the 50km we get with "Standard" Antennae, Mods can do this but only if the limit isn't hard-capped.

2. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

I was gone for a few months. I got a bit tired of playing this game. I figured I would let you devs to fix bugs and stuff. I came back when I heard that things moved to beta status.

Everything looks like they have new models. I'm a little worried that you guys are trying too hard to make things look nice. It kinda loses its simplistic appeal.

Magnetic boots is a nice feature. I can walk on stuff when artificial gravity is off. Saves on hydrogen fuel if I don't need to be anywhere fast. I can walk on bumpy asteroids. I can walk over ledges, with the sides becoming the new floor. Unfortunately I can't walk up walls and trying to use a drill will likely knock me off the ground.

Batteries still can't be recycled. I would like that fixed.

The new start for lone survivor is a little better. Having a small cargo container with spare bottles and tools helps.

Making ships from blueprints and projectors has a bug. My cockpit doesn't get built with all the toolbar commands. I used master mode to paste in a copy of the ship I was trying to build, and all the toolbar commands were there. I would like to get these missing commands when I use a projector.

I don't know if this is new, but I found that projector blocks would tell you what blocks you are going to weld. It helps me to build ship parts in the right order (so you don't accidentally build around the thing you are trying to weld).

I noticed that some blocks got their recipes changed. I think that ion thrusters is one of them. I think they use less platinum to build.

I had trouble building my solar farms. Basically solar panels at the end of some rotors. I use the rotors to get the solar panels pointed at the proper angles. The problems were that they were prone to shaking, seizuring, and even flapping at times. Basically trying to make my life difficult. After fiddling with the rotor options, I found that I could check mark an override to keep the rotors from moving at all. A bit overkill, but it works for now.

3. Rambo-CZ Trainee Engineer

With this update medbay not work !!!!
    Please rename the game space bug only then it will be full of game, thanks :) Merry Christmas

4. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!

5. Taylor Trainee Engineer

So I bought this game 2 weeks ago. Seemed pretty cool so I bought it for my friend and it happened to be on the day you made the big beta release so that was exciting. SADLY it came with a game breaking glitch. Small landing gears not working really sucks. Really disappointing to see that it still has not even been addressed. How are we suppose to do anything in survival if we cant build small ships and starting cars is a nightmare without landing gears.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

Select "empty world", then choose the asteroid density of your preference. No reason for Keen to keep two custom game launchers when they make the exact same map.

Only difference is that you don't start in that basic spawn ship anymore. If that's a big deal to you, suicide and re-spawn in one. Or paste in one of the thousands of other basic starter ships available on the workshop.

7. RayvenQ Moderator

For future reference, no need to tag me when you're asking developer related questions, because I'm not one of them, I'm just a moderator.

8. odizzido Junior Engineer

I did notice the version numbers matching up with the last patch. Neat to see that you guys went ahead with a single version of the game. Might possibly mean more bugs than those on stable are used to, but it seems like it will reduce overhead and be beneficial long term

9. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

I just received a 26.6 MB update shortly after downloading the main update. What is in this hotfix?

10. ozarkamax Junior Engineer

yah i just got it as well. fix updates?

11. Pie Apprentice Engineer

And a Merry Clangmas to you too :)
    May the new year bring great tidings of inspiration and testers (especially regression testers)!

12. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Has the Jetpack Hydro cost of flying on the planet been upped, because I seem to run out a lot faster now.

13. Outfrost Apprentice Engineer

Oh man, someone at Keen is hard at work to get some patches done and pushed overnight :) What's in the hotfix?

I wouldn't say so. Some people have reported SE swiftly eating through 24 GB of RAM, at least that's the highest I've seen mentioned. It doesn't take up as much for me, but that's because I only have 8 GB, and SE fills it all up. Overall it's pretty random, varying highly from machine to machine. I think it might also have something to do with the video memory being overflowed, especially so with textures set to high on a video card with 2 GB or less VRAM.

14. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

You guys have pushed a patch nearly every day for the last week, but this is the list of hotfixes? I know not everyone enjoys a changelog but it should be available somewhere to explain at little more about what these things we're downloading are supposed to be doing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Slapdaddy Trainee Engineer

Please for the love of everything good in this world, can you all please fix the bug where Gatling Turrets do not target incoming missiles. They will target maybe 10 out of 100 fired missiles from one missile launcher firing the regular 6 round bursts - and that's at the BEST of times. Most of the time they don't target incoming missiles at all. Only going into the turrets settings and altering the engagement range setting will cause the turrets to track and fire at incoming missiles. But this causes them to target only SOME of the missiles and it's pretty choppy, meaning the turrets will act "jumpy" and "jittery" as they attempt to lock on and shoot down incoming missiles.

This is on a vanilla latest stable build and this has not been fixed for MONTHS.

16. Balmung Senior Engineer

Yeah, right, without a changelog it could be that this are not bug fixes, it could be added mailware, spyware or something...

:whatever:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. midgard00 Trainee Engineer

High texture settings fill up 7.5 of my 8 GB VRAM. If you have less VRAM, that data has to go somewhere, and thats the RAM. But even if my VRAM isn't full (medium texture quality, ~ 4-6 GB), I have around 10 to 14 GB of RAM usage on a planet with a large base.

18. CrazyEd Trainee Engineer

Keep up the hard work, well have some holiday too of course, and maybe since your're working on all these beautiful new blocks you can sort this little asshole out maybe ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fercko Trainee Engineer

I tried it whit 16 GB RAM + 4GB video and i can confirm it used all of it. Now i just have 8GB with 16GB Page file on SSD and 4GB video and today my game stopped with "Your computer memory is full close some programs" 5 times off course the only program needed closing was Space Engineers.

20. MustangDood Trainee Engineer

Patch notes for .002 and .003 would be nice...

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

I can think of three reasons why they don't, and why I don't expect them:

1. Every time the game crashes, you're presented with the option to send Keen a log. 90% of them will be for obscure scenarios most players will never see anyway. There's no need to do detailed patch notes for each one. Crashes spike after a big release, thus so will hotfixes

2. Keen isn't obligated to provide any patch notes at all, the same way you are not obligated to buy their game or turn steam's auto-update function on. When big exciting things change, or things that have been noted in their forums get fixed, they let us know.

And most importantly...

3. Why would they advertise bugs no one even knew about with a change log?

22. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Keen wants you to play the game so bad they won't let you quit. Part of the game keeps running in the background when you try to quit. Been this way since "beta".

Had to make my own desktop link to kill the game... Exit game hit link.

C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im "SpaceEngineers.exe"

also noticed today... new corner lights do not light up unless you reload the game and new landing gear is still the same. :(

23. nexusTR Trainee Engineer

Game was unplayable coz of bugs, fps drops, memory leaks and after big update it's unlaunchable now, good job keen. Don't buy this shitty game.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. h4rm0n1c Trainee Engineer

That's enabled by default and there's no "don't download updates at all" option, go, have a look in your client.

There's an "download updates when I launch the game" option, but that's an obvious dead end if you wish to do more than play in a single player ballpit by yourself.

Which means those who don't wish to download the latest bugged build are confined to steam being in offline mode only.

Rediculous. Getting tired of "move fast and break stuff" mentality that many devs in software dev are wanking over... that ideology has been a cancer on software quality in many industries in recent times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. TartarusMkII Trainee Engineer

+1, I just came back from not playing for over a year, and the first thing I experience is not understanding how I'm supposed to spawn on a planet. That set up, having to do the non-default "start at respawn screen", and then choose the right respawn out of like ten is just stupid. Then, wolves attacked my lander, and sure enough from then on, my lander was doomed to drift up into space. I thrusted at the ground and broke it, and the pieces of it even still floated up into space.

That all plus the fact that when you look into a container and leave it, the ships' HUD sticks on your screen and you have to sit in a seat to make it go away. I can't build like that.

I can't believe that this is 'stable'. Coming back to this game made me feel like I've wasted my time, and I absolutely lament the direction this game has gone in. I respect that the developers have kept working on the game, and I only wish them the best, but the process seems to have fallen so far behind. People either can't run planets, the whole game, lag to hell, or if they're lucky and get to play, can't even get through the game because there's more bugs to stop you than things to actually do in the game.

26. Gakhon Trainee Engineer

Does the game even start if Steam is in offline mode? I think I tried, but it didn't work. It seemed to me that it's basically impossible to launch the game without first updating it to the new version. (Which caused me MAJOR headaches, as after each update I wasn't able to log in to the server I was playing on – for days, in multiple cases. Even when the update was just a hotfix.)

27. Arcusion Trainee Engineer

Very Nice!

28. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Cockpit building is broken. Bug reports made.... I just don't use it.

Stable? Nobody said it was. Beta...yes. Stable...no. Beta just means the core code has reached a point where it wont be having major changes and rewrites. That's not the same as saying the game is bug free and running perfectly.

Incidentally..I am not 'people' because I can run planets just fine. There are some annoying bugs I do have like busted merge blocks, small landing gear that cannot be welded locked no matter what you do ( takes a save and reload to make them possible to lock ) and the fact that handbrakes on wheels simply do not work.... but I can play on planets with no issues :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Leonardo90 Trainee Engineer

Well, nothing seems to be fixed for now. Landing gears still don't attach to the ground; there's still desynchronization between host and clients; players can fly through ore stones; oxygen/hydrogen tanks are filled only to 50%; game needs to be closed manually through task manager;

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

So.. Wheel models/wheels in general get tweaked so they are at least somewhat functional again...?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.